Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
General
  • Parking:
    • Valet: $24/night
    • Self: $24/night
    • Street: on Chapman Ave and in neighborhood starting about 2 blocks west of property
      • Caution: Note signs for street sweeping days.
  • Suggested Room Locations
    • Facing Disneyland fireworks, towards the north and west.

Globalist Benefits
  • Breakfast: Buffet or a la carte for up to 4 at TusCA restaurant

Onsite links (hotel info, menus, ordering, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EPPanda
Stayed for 3 nights as Globalist over the weekend. Booked 2 Queen on points, received pre-upgrade in the app for 2 Queen High Floor. Suites were available and I responded to a pre-arrival email from the Director of Operations asking about a suite upgrade. They did not have any renovated suites available so we chose to keep our high floor upgrade. View was facing away from Disneyland, so nothing to see there. Parking and breakfast came off automatically. Elite recognition was a bit lacking, requested some items in the previously mentioned email, they were not provided when we got to the room. Was not recognized as Globalist (somebody checking in next to us was thanked for being a Discoverist) or given information about the breakfast time/restaurant/credit, had to ask. Received a small charge of gratuity on 1 morning's breakfast (~$75 total bill), the other mornings received no charge (under $70). Proximity to Disneyland is nice but HP and HH are closer, didn't utilize the shuttle.
Was this on Points or Cash?

We’ve stayed here many times and even though the Suites aren’t renovated they’re fairly spacious and comfortable. I’d say they were last renovated in 2010ish based on the style.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Was this on Points or Cash?

We’ve stayed here many times and even though the Suites aren’t renovated they’re fairly spacious and comfortable. I’d say they were last renovated in 2010ish based on the style.
Points stay. We will probably be here one more time in the next year, so will try a suite out if we can.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:23 pm

Points stay. We will probably be here one more time in the next year, so will try a suite out if we can.
Definitely interesting -

I’ve never found a good points value here so we always have paid the cash rate ($90-$120 vs. 12k points)

Breakfast is decent, but not memorable but the suites are good.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Definitely interesting -

I’ve never found a good points value here so we always have paid the cash rate ($90-$120 vs. 12k points)

Breakfast is decent, but not memorable but the suites are good.
Yes, definitely not outsized value like other properties, but cash rate was $560 for 3 nights + $28 nightly parking so still made sense to do points booking. It does seem like the rates are slightly low for the proximity to Disneyland, especially comparing to HP/HH that are walking distance from the park.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 10:54 pm

Yes, definitely not outsized value like other properties, but cash rate was $560 for 3 nights + $28 nightly parking so still made sense to do points booking. It does seem like the rates are slightly low for the proximity to Disneyland, especially comparing to HP/HH that are walking distance from the park.
Pre-pandemic this hotel was 90% business travelers so they’ve had to change a lot to make things work. It’s definitely much more affordable than the HH or HP next to Disney. The parking is fairly expensive considering the location too it’s not in a downtown area or near a beach and the property definitely isn’t a resort so $28+ is excessive.

I think the shuttle to Disney is only $6 Roundtrip PP.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 5:08 pm

How does the Shuttle work? Is it just running throughout the day or is it on demand?
Old Jan 3, 2022, 5:11 pm

If I remember correctly it runs every half hour. It runs from before the park opens until after it closes
Old Jan 3, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by dsiderx2
How does the Shuttle work? Is it just running throughout the day or is it on demand?
It runs every half hour, leaving at :15 and :45 from the hotel and :00 and :30 from the parks. When we were there a couple of weeks ago, Disneyland Park's hours were 8:00-midnight, and the first/last shuttles were at 7:15 AM and 1:00 AM. More details are on the hotel website at https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...transportation
dsiderx2 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 11:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just finished a two night stay for our visit to the Disney parks. This is approximately my 4th visit here in the last 12 months. Very conveniently located and well priced.

We enjoyed our stay despite some snags. Had two rooms booked, one on points. At 4pm check-in, one of our rooms still was not ready.
Booked the cheapest queen room on a prepaid rate, and king deluxe (renovated) room on points. Upgraded both rooms to king deluxe high floor prior to arrival, per the app.
Requested a crib on one of the rooms via text, then email. FD did not see a crib on the reservation so had to request it a third time. Luckily we didn't spend much time in the room as we were at the parks, but the crib was delivered prior to our return.

Breakfast was comped for both rooms for both mornings. We carpooled so parking was also comped for our one car.
Breakfast was a la carte, mostly the basics, but good nonetheless. Service seemed a bit slow considering the number guests and staff, but we had a good time. Checkout was fast as the FD had comped breakfast and parking preemptively.

Shuttle service was prompt and on time. Drops you off near the entrance to the parks, very convenient considering some parking lots don't have shuttles at Disney now.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Was Gobalist breakfast the “grab and go” stuff or in an actual restaurant? TIA
Old Jan 22, 2022, 1:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Milhous Gloriosus
Was Gobalist breakfast the “grab and go” stuff or in an actual restaurant? TIA
Breakfast is a la carte at their restaurant, TusCa. Small menu but everything was delicious. Nothing spectacular, but a solid breakfast.

I was never told there was any limit, but we had bills up to ~$75 that were completely removed without question.
Kalboz likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
In residence now. Booked a One Queen and upgraded to Two Queens renovated deluxe. Strange upgrade. Usually get a nice suite. I would have pushed the suite but it was late and we were the 8th person in line to get checked in so we just wanted to move on.

the renovated rooms are… soulless? They feel very bare and stripped down. Less 4* and more 3*. The paper cups don’t help. The worst is that they installed a super bright glowing orb wall light that ricochets via a mirror directly into your eyes. The front desk clerk revealed a life hack to cover it up with a paper key sleeve which helped some. Anyway I would push for a non-renovated suite if you can. And don’t book the One Queen. Book a one King.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by stvr
the renovated rooms are… soulless? They feel very bare and stripped down. Less 4* and more 3*.
It's the way the entire industry is going, and it's awful. Cold, noisy and hard surfaces everywhere so they can spend less on maintenance and housekeeping.
gadberry likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by drnilescrane
It's the way the entire industry is going, and it's awful. Cold, noisy and hard surfaces everywhere so they can spend less on maintenance and housekeeping.
Yup.

David
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by stvr
In residence now. Booked a One Queen and upgraded to Two Queens renovated deluxe. Strange upgrade. Usually get a nice suite. I would have pushed the suite but it was late and we were the 8th person in line to get checked in so we just wanted to move on.

the renovated rooms are… soulless? They feel very bare and stripped down. Less 4* and more 3*. The paper cups don’t help. The worst is that they installed a super bright glowing orb wall light that ricochets via a mirror directly into your eyes. The front desk clerk revealed a life hack to cover it up with a paper key sleeve which helped some. Anyway I would push for a non-renovated suite if you can. And don’t book the One Queen. Book a one King.
Hopefully they're easy to clean and they have the same beds? Pictures wise, the newer rooms look much better but perhaps they didn't include enough warmth with the designs.

[Globalist] How was the breakfast area and can it be ordered for in room instead?

Is the lounge back yet or any indication it'll come back. I have some of the most useless milestone "Rewards" if they're not going to have any lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.