Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
General
  • Parking:
    • Valet: $24/night
    • Self: $24/night
    • Street: on Chapman Ave and in neighborhood starting about 2 blocks west of property
      • Caution: Note signs for street sweeping days.
  • Suggested Room Locations
    • Facing Disneyland fireworks, towards the north and west.

Globalist Benefits
  • Breakfast: Buffet or a la carte for up to 4 at TusCA restaurant

Onsite links (hotel info, menus, ordering, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:42 pm

It's random. Glob - Stayed for 1 night, told them I wanted parking billed and the card worked to in/out but never got billed.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by opiuman
It's random. Glob - Stayed for 1 night, told them I wanted parking billed and the card worked to in/out but never got billed.
These kinds of incidents are frequently unintentional in my experience..... they simply forget to add it to your folio, or don't know how to do so, or something to that effect. Unless they have specifically told you they are intentionally comping your parking, you can be certain it is very likely a mistake.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: Globallist
We stay here often and I wish all Hyatts that I visit had the Staff they have here. I appreciate the email that goes out prior to arrival, asking if there's anything that can we need to make our stay more enjoyable. The FD staff is friendly and helpful. Glady checked me in recently and talking to her, she seemed to enjoy her job and she felt she was supported by Management. I have received many upgrades over the years, always a nice perk. . Breakfast at Globalist is great, saving about 100$ a day.. The OC Brewery has good food and drinks. I think the GM David is top notch, always very responsive via email. Always enjoy the space of the 2 bedrooms. Just wanted to give a 5 star review for this Hyatt. Wish all Hyatt properties were this good.
59Impala likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 1:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Just finished up a few nights stay here -

Parking is currently being offered for $10 daily compared to the $30-$40 normally or free for Globalists under the current promotion.

Dining - The only thing open for Breakfast is Starbucks, Nova is open for Dinner Outside (didn’t try them), the Check in Agent recommended Postmates being delivered to your room. If you booked a Breakfast Inclusive Rate you’ll be getting a $25 credit towards Starbucks.

Room - Upgraded to a Suite as a Globalist on a Prive’ Stay.

Pool - We took our little one to the family pool which was very crowded with adults drinking beer, smoking cannabis, and basically acting like it was a pool at a Vegas Club. Multiple people bringing their own speakers and strobe lights. This wasn’t even the Adults Only Pool, this was the Family Pool. In the pool both times we went there were easily 20-25 people just inside the pool then another 25 surrounding it.

It definitely was not like this pre-Covid I’m guessing the low rates brought in crowds of people who otherwise wouldn’t be staying here.
Old May 26, 2021, 4:47 pm

any recent stays? looks like some of the suites are renovated?

Last edited by yerffej201; May 26, 2021 at 5:21 pm
Old May 27, 2021, 10:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Stayed here in Feb and March this year for pleasure and work, respectively. I was always upgraded to a suite, but not to a renovated one.
Will be back here mid-June, will book a renovated room and report back.

As others have said, the staff here are great.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 12:18 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Here now.
-checked in early (11am) highest room available was 5th floor. (She didn’t bother looking, just went with the pre assigned room)
-restaurant is back open 7-11am even though the welcome email and website states Sat/Sun only.
-wasn’t able to get the parking waived :-(
Old Jun 10, 2021, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Here now.
-checked in early (11am) highest room available was 5th floor. (She didn’t bother looking, just went with the pre assigned room)
-restaurant is back open 7-11am even though the welcome email and website states Sat/Sun only.
-wasn’t able to get the parking waived :-(
As a globalist what sort of breakfast did you have in the restaurant? Buffet or entree? How was your room/suite? Was it upgraded or the old ones? Thanks
Old Jun 11, 2021, 7:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by MechMachine
As a globalist what sort of breakfast did you have in the restaurant? Buffet or entree? How was your room/suite? Was it upgraded or the old ones? Thanks
It is an entree at the moment. And since I checked at 11am I received non refurbed room in the north tower. It was well maintained but had issues with a sewage smell in the bathroom and A/C noise. I was there only for a night so did not complain.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 5:25 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

See my review of a renovated room at HR OC here: Hyatt Regency Orange County
IntlSalesGuy likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Does anyone have the contact info for the hotel? I booked an executive suite for us with 2 kids. Wanted to ask if they could upgrade to the 2 bedroom or larger. Sofabeds are terrible and I end up having to sleep there with one kid while my wife takes the bed with the other kid.
Old Aug 28, 2021, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by krazieman
Does anyone have the contact info for the hotel? I booked an executive suite for us with 2 kids. Wanted to ask if they could upgrade to the 2 bedroom or larger. Sofabeds are terrible and I end up having to sleep there with one kid while my wife takes the bed with the other kid.
It has been awhile but I know this hotel has the kid suites which is normally cheaper than an executive suite. Kid suites have king in one room and nice bunks for kids in another.

as for upgrade, Do you have status? [EDIT: just saw you have status in your profile] I would think any upgrades will be done closer to arrival.

Last edited by myperks; Aug 28, 2021 at 4:12 pm Reason: didn't see profile status on mobile device.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 11:50 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by myperks
It has been awhile but I know this hotel has the kid suites which is normally cheaper than an executive suite. Kid suites have king in one room and nice bunks for kids in another.

as for upgrade, Do you have status? [EDIT: just saw you have status in your profile] I would think any upgrades will be done closer to arrival.
Yeah.. hopefully it's not too busy when we check in. I went and revised my reservation to made sure they know it's not just 1 person checking in, and there are 2 kids.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 11:50 pm

Hyatt Regency Anaheim Globalist November 2021

Stayed as a Globalist for one night mid November. Got upgraded to a suite (this happened ahead of time over email). It seems like most of the rooms in this hotel are suites. Parking was covered. Breakfast was covered at the restaurant on site. There's no dollar limit so we ordered multiple entrees without any issues (bill came to about $100). We preferred to eat in room so we ordered takeout at the restaurant and they packed everything up for us and we brought back to the room. Overall very happy with the stay and the shuttle (not free, I think it was $6) to Disney was very convenient.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 4:54 pm

Stayed for 3 nights as Globalist over the weekend. Booked 2 Queen on points, received pre-upgrade in the app for 2 Queen High Floor. Suites were available and I responded to a pre-arrival email from the Director of Operations asking about a suite upgrade. They did not have any renovated suites available so we chose to keep our high floor upgrade. View was facing away from Disneyland, so nothing to see there. Parking and breakfast came off automatically. Elite recognition was a bit lacking, requested some items in the previously mentioned email, they were not provided when we got to the room. Was not recognized as Globalist (somebody checking in next to us was thanked for being a Discoverist) or given information about the breakfast time/restaurant/credit, had to ask. Received a small charge of gratuity on 1 morning's breakfast (~$75 total bill), the other mornings received no charge (under $70). Proximity to Disneyland is nice but HP and HH are closer, didn't utilize the shuttle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.