Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2008, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will arrive at NRT at 9 pm for a 4 night stay. Is it practical to head to GH right away considering a long limo/bus ride (does it even operate at that time?) or should I just overnight at Hilton or Radisson NRT and go to the city in the morning?

Thanks!
Old Nov 17, 2008, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by azepine00
I will arrive at NRT at 9 pm for a 4 night stay. Is it practical to head to GH right away considering a long limo/bus ride (does it even operate at that time?) or should I just overnight at Hilton or Radisson NRT and go to the city in the morning?

Thanks!
Last Skyliner is at 10:00, last regular train close to 11:00, buses run until 11:00 or so. Take the train or bus to the GH or somewhere close in and then a taxi. Do not stay at an airport hotel and then go to the GH the next day, it is quite a hassle since the airport hotels aren't really that convenient and the transportation between the airport and the hotel usually runs on a schedule, which can be supremely inconvenient, especially late at night.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 12:15 pm

Thanks!
The last shuttle bus to GH leaves NRT at 9:30pm and Narita Express train to Tokyo (then a cab to GH) leaves like 15 min later (than the bus)...
Old Nov 18, 2008, 1:56 am

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
Originally Posted by Pickles
Last Skyliner is at 10:00, last regular train close to 11:00, buses run until 11:00 or so. Take the train or bus to the GH or somewhere close in and then a taxi. Do not stay at an airport hotel and then go to the GH the next day, it is quite a hassle since the airport hotels aren't really that convenient and the transportation between the airport and the hotel usually runs on a schedule, which can be supremely inconvenient, especially late at night.
Agree with advice to go straight from NRT to Tokyo hotel. I have done this many times without problem. Morning traffic rush hour transit from NRT hotel to Tokyo hotel waste 2+ hours.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So what is the best way for me to get to GH with 9 pm arrival?
If the last limo bus departs at 9:30 I probably need a back up plan even though I hope not to have any checked bags.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 10:15 am

Programs: AA:PLT&3MM, HGP:DIA, SPG:GOLD
So what is the best way for me to get to GH with 9 pm arrival?
If the last limo bus departs at 9:30 I probably need a back up plan even though I hope not to have any checked bags.
This thread that I started back in July may give you some ideas.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bp888
This thread that I started back in July may give you some ideas.
Thanks and .. ouch.
So assuming I miss the limo bus and narita express what are my most practical options to GH?
Old Dec 13, 2008, 5:24 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been planning/researching like crazy over the past couple of months for my trip to Tokyo and I ended up choosing to stay at the Grand Hyatt. I'll be there twice, Dec. 21-22 and then Jan. 6-10, and I'm excited. I initially wanted to stay at the Park Hyatt for the views and the whole experience, but cost was a factor and the posts about the location versus the location of the Grand Hyatt made me choose the GH for this trip.

Anyway, I've been trying to email the hotel about whether they'll accept some Hyatt check certificates I have but my email keeps bouncing back saying the address isn't in the Domino directory. Does anyone have their correct or new email address? The one I've been trying to email is the one on their site:

[email protected]

Hope someone can help. Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2008, 5:49 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Here you go. It looks like Hyatt has changed the domain of their mail server. This one will work still.

[email protected]

Originally Posted by nycnyc
Hi everyone,

I've been planning/researching like crazy over the past couple of months for my trip to Tokyo and I ended up choosing to stay at the Grand Hyatt. I'll be there twice, Dec. 21-22 and then Jan. 6-10, and I'm excited. I initially wanted to stay at the Park Hyatt for the views and the whole experience, but cost was a factor and the posts about the location versus the location of the Grand Hyatt made me choose the GH for this trip.

Anyway, I've been trying to email the hotel about whether they'll accept some Hyatt check certificates I have but my email keeps bouncing back saying the address isn't in the Domino directory. Does anyone have their correct or new email address? The one I've been trying to email is the one on their site:

[email protected]

Hope someone can help. Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2008, 6:00 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Anyway, I've been trying to email the hotel about whether they'll accept some Hyatt check certificates I have but my email keeps bouncing back saying the address isn't in the Domino directory.
Yes - The GH Tokyo will accept check certificates according to https://www.certificates.hyatt.com/W...lidHotels.aspx .
Old Dec 13, 2008, 6:02 pm

Thanks! Do I need to notify the hotel in advance that I want to apply some check certificates to the cost of my stay?

Also, what are the prices for the teppanyaki and kaiseki restaurants in the hotel? I thought about going to either for dinner one time...
Old Dec 13, 2008, 6:06 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Thanks! Do I need to notify the hotel in advance that I want to apply some check certificates to the cost of my stay?
No you don't need to notify them in advance - you may want to ask at checkin whether they'd prefer to take them then or at checkout. Be aware though that since the certs are in $, you may end up with quite an unfavorable exchange rate into Yens. In the past when I've used some of these dometically in the US, it caused mass confusion at the front desk.

BTW - welcome to the Hyatt forum - I noticed that you've been registered on FT for quite a while but not an active poster
Old Dec 13, 2008, 8:00 pm

LOL yes I've been visiting the forums for a while but only started posting recently because I actually started travelling again recently (long story), so thanks for the welcome.

Have you personally stayed at the Grand Hyatt? I booked a Grand Room just to save some money but I initially wanted to book the next category up for a larger room. Hopefully the room won't be too tiny.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 9:53 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Have you personally stayed at the Grand Hyatt? I booked a Grand Room just to save some money but I initially wanted to book the next category up for a larger room. Hopefully the room won't be too tiny.
The Grand rooms are. . . shall we say. . . efficient. They are small. I was there earlier this year. My room consisted of a king bed with a small side chair and table by the window and a desk on the wall at the end of the bed that incorporates the TV stand and a few drawers (one of which contains the safe). I'll approximate that there was about four (maybe five) feet of space all the way around the bed before hitting a wall, window, or entrance to the bathroom.

The bathroom is tremendous -- in all respects, with a glassed, walk-in room that contains a rain shower toward the front and a full soaking tub behind it.

So, the rooms are very nice, with exceptional detailing, the bed is very comfortable and the bathroom is remarkable. If you're looking for space, though, I would definitely upgrade.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I'll approximate that there was about four (maybe five) feet of space all the way around the bed before hitting a wall, window, or entrance to the bathroom.
Thanks for the impressions AZ. As a New Yorker, having four or five feet of space around the bed sounds huge though. I'll definitely consider it though, I'd love a larger room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.