Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2007, 8:14 am

Glad to hear everything worked well!! Did you try to WIFI in a public area??
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Is it better to have breakfast at the Lounge (if a Diamond gets club access) or is it better to have it at a main restaurant like other non-club guests? I am wondering if the selection at the lounge is much worse than the main breakfast venue.
Briefly, the Lounge has a very nice continental b'fast, while the French Kitchen restaurant has an amazing buffet, with eggs cooked to order. The biggest difference is the eggs. Had I not been on the B and B rate with restaurant b'fast included in the rate, the Lounge would have been sufficient for me. Hope this helps.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 8:30 am

Room Types at the GH Tokyo

We have stayed there a number of times, on both FFN and paid stays. Always we were given the standard sized room which I reckon was the 42 sq m room. I see from the virtual tour on their website that they have Deluxe rooms (stated to be 52 sq m), Deluxe Corner (unknown size) and Executive Suites (100 sq m.).

Has anyone stayed at the Deluxe or Deluxe Corner ones?

Were you upgraded or did you book that specific room type?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by IncyWincy
We have stayed there a number of times, on both FFN and paid stays. Always we were given the standard sized room which I reckon was the 42 sq m room. I see from the virtual tour on their website that they have Deluxe rooms (stated to be 52 sq m), Deluxe Corner (unknown size) and Executive Suites (100 sq m.).

Has anyone stayed at the Deluxe or Deluxe Corner ones?

Were you upgraded or did you book that specific room type?

Thanks in advance.
I stayed at Deluxe room last time. I used one of these promotional free nights (not FFN) and it was upgrade. Since the hotel provides Grand Club Lounge access to Diamond members anyway, I liked the bigger room (than the regular Club room)...
Old Nov 5, 2007, 4:38 pm

Thanks. I somehow think there are very few Deluxe rooms in this property. Does anyone know how many there are?
Old Nov 6, 2007, 5:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
If you are paying for the room out of your own pocket, the Hyatt Regency has very nice Deluxe rooms and RC Suites available, just dont stay in their standard rooms!!. The hotels aren't too far apart. I haven't been to the GC/RC club in Grand, but the RC club at the Regency is extremely nice! Plus, the shuttle to Shinjuku station every 20 minutes was a time and money saver for me at least!
Old Nov 7, 2007, 6:59 pm

I read on TripAdvisor that a Diamond member got upgraded to a corner room (ending in -02) on an award stay.

Has anyone ever stayed in this type of room? I heard standard room, although nice, is quite small.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I read on TripAdvisor that a Diamond member got upgraded to a corner room (ending in -02) on an award stay.

Has anyone ever stayed in this type of room? I heard standard room, although nice, is quite small.
Yes, their standard room is small - especially if you are getting a twin room (2 beds).

Well, I got a Grand Executive Suite on an award stay, but I visit there often and know the people.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
Gee, I stayed there a couple of years ago when it was the Century Hyatt, had two rooms, not deluxe, and thought they were pretty big. Not just by Tokyo standards, but even by U.S. standards.

I had stayed the week before at the Hilton in Osaka, and those rooms were tiny.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime
Gee, I stayed there a couple of years ago when it was the Century Hyatt, had two rooms, not deluxe, and thought they were pretty big.
You are talking about 2 different properties. GH Tokyo (Roppongi) was never Century Hyatt (Shinjuku). GH Tokyo was built as GH in 2003, fyi.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Hotel is as nice as the last time I was there. Rooms are small but very clean with a "Grand Hyatt" feel and that is all we really needed. Staff in the RC is incredible even during off hours. They will immediately rush to get you a drink everytime you enter the RC. Service only suffers during the VERY busy Sunday morning breakfast rush but otherwise it is always incredible. Light appts. are more than Regency Tokyo but less than GH Hong Kong. They will serve your first drink immediately to you and sometimes refill champagne glasses but don't feel bashful about getting yourself a second or third glass of wine on your own. Food was enough to make me feel only moderately full with a few items unique to Japan.
Now talking about the Roppongi area. I was just there early last year and man has it gotten better. This truely seems like the place to be. Shopping galore which is arguably better than Ginza for actually buying vs. window shopping. The place is electric at night and I even stumbled onto one of the seedier streets just like Shinjuku. So really now it seems that Shinjuju only offers those cute little inexpensive restaurants that I could not find in Roppongi. Food was relatively more expensive in Roppongi even for something simple like ramen noodles.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 2:01 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Two nights in Tokyo Grand or Park?
Or one of each?
I am leaning toward Grand as I a hear folks say superior location and that some really like it better.......
Will I be making mistake by not staying at the Park?
Appreciate the feedback
Old Dec 21, 2007, 2:56 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
I would go for Grand, which has a better location and a great lounge. Just have a drink in lounge at Park for the night view will perfect your trip.

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Two nights in Tokyo Grand or Park?
Or one of each?
I am leaning toward Grand as I a hear folks say superior location and that some really like it better.......
Will I be making mistake by not staying at the Park?
Appreciate the feedback
Old Dec 28, 2007, 1:45 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Same here... got the upgrade to a Grand Exec Suite on a paid stay tho... and yes, it does help to know people (pics on my flickr page if you like to see)

At the GHT now, its my home away from home in Japan, will have some notes to post when I get back to the States next week.

Originally Posted by FlyMan
Well, I got a Grand Executive Suite on an award stay, but I visit there often and know the people.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 2:02 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

The diluter

Thanks all
The Grand Hyatt it is ^Will visit and tour the Park
I am looking to a hire a cost effective private driver who speaks English
Any recommendations?
It looks like a will be Diamond thanks to the promo thru March. I was expecting a tier drop but as fate would have it I may be back for a longer run then expected

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.