Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2008, 10:16 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Grand Hyatt Five Year Anniversary Promo

They will be doing a promo all year in regards to the "Five Senses" as the theme for the promo... here's the latest part of it... I'll be back to GHT in 10 Days and let you know if I find out anything more...

Celebrate Plus 5,000

From 25 April through 31 August 2008,celebrate the Five Senses of Grand Hyatt Tokyo for its 5th year since opening. For an additional 5,000 yen per stay, enjoy additional benefits such as:
  • Original Five Senses CD
  • Original Five Senses Room Fragrance
  • Chocolate and Fruit Plate
  • One set breakfast per person at The French Kitchen Brasserie and Bar or Room Service
  • Complimentary access to Nagomi Spa and Fitness

Offer Code HY615

More info here
Old Apr 3, 2008, 4:05 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Just back from GHT...

Had a great stay, got to use one of my Suite Upgrade certs, nice view of the city and Tokyo Tower at night.

The lounge staff is the best! No detail too small to help out with, they provided us with maps and direction for Ueno Park to view the cherry blossoms, stores to do our shopping, restaurant reservations, etc.

I saw the new GM (Mr. Lienhard) several times during my visit, it was very positive to see him around the lobby, in the Grand Club lounge, interacting with / greeting guests. I never saw the previous GM do this. I also left a comment card for the GM and received a reply 3 days later... this never happened in my previous 4 years at GHT. I'm very happy with the improvements at GHT.

I definately will be back...
Old Apr 3, 2008, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by thezipper
I saw the new GM (Mr. Lienhard) several times during my visit, it was very positive to see him around the lobby, in the Grand Club lounge, interacting with / greeting guests. I never saw the previous GM do this.
What happened to the previous GM, Xavier Destribats?
Old Apr 5, 2008, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
What happened to the previous GM, Xavier Destribats?
He left to join Panorama Hospitality, the spun-off property and hotel management company from Morgan Stanley. He runs the Japan hotels, which includes, interestingly enough, the HR Hakone and the HR Kyoto.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 3:55 am

Going to stay here for the first time next month. At some point there was talk about Lounge renovation. Is that happening?

Also, has anyone been to their teppanyaki restaurant? I wonder if we should have a birthday dinner there or go to Morimoto.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Also, has anyone been to their teppanyaki restaurant? I wonder if we should have a birthday dinner there or go to Morimoto.
The Keyakizaka is quite good, although I thought Morimoto was a bit better overall. Still, would go again, it is more casual and low-key than Morimoto.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 9:51 am
LTH

Programs: AA EXP, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, SPG Platinum
Does anyone know if the Twin Deluxe room at GHT can accomodate 4 people? Do they allow rollaway beds in these rooms? I know that PHT has a maximum occupancy of 3 in the rooms.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 5:39 pm

Unless eveyone in your party is 5' and 100#... I wouldn't recommend it... that and the rooms aren't that big to begin with (eg. 4 suitcases, sink area for "ladies stuff", etc)

Originally Posted by LTH
Does anyone know if the Twin Deluxe room at GHT can accomodate 4 people? Do they allow rollaway beds in these rooms? I know that PHT has a maximum occupancy of 3 in the rooms.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 8:34 pm

What are the typical amenities given to a Diamond member?
Old Aug 19, 2008, 9:08 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Nothing. Every guest receives a small box of chocolate or cookies in the room.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:47 am

GHT has instituted a rotating amenity... its a small silver foil box with either chocolates, cookies or gummies. DIA's also get free access to the spa / pool and typically access to the lounge, with breakfast, evening drinks and great hors de vours.

Old Oct 10, 2008, 8:15 am

Thumbs up

... another quick update... The GHT now provides access to the pool and spa areas to all guests for free. Previously there was a charge for non-suite / non-Diamond members. Another reason this is my "home away from home" in Tokyo
Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:27 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Why is this a good news to Diamond?

... another quick update... The GHT now provides access to the pool and spa areas to all guests for free. Previously there was a charge for non-suite / non-Diamond members. Another reason this is my "home away from home" in Tokyo
Old Oct 10, 2008, 5:00 pm

...GHT now provides access to the pool and spa areas to all guests for free.
By "spa areas", I assume you're referring to the sauna, showers & soaking tubs (along with the lounge chairs & lockers themselves) inside the men's & women's locker rooms, right? If so, I wonder how crowded those areas are these days, as the facilities are not big to begin with. Previously, there'd be a few people in the locker room, but few enough to provide a tranquil, sanctuary-like experience. I guese those days are over...
Old Nov 7, 2008, 1:50 pm

I am just back from the property. The leaflet says Gold Passport members, Grand Club guests, and suite guests have complimentary access to the gym/pool/locker room. I know anyone can sign up for a Gold Passport membership. It was never crowded even with this wide-open access policy.

It's been awhile (like a year or so) since I stayed last time. It was very comfortable as always. As thezipper mentioned, Grand Club Concierge folks are simply the best - very attentive, but not too much. There's addition to the breakfast menu...Japanese "okayu" (Gruel) along with umeboshi (dried pickled plum).

The new GM and Assistant Director of Rooms (acting asst GM) came to greet me in the lounge. It was very nice touch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.