Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:11 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Ambassador
any recent updates or experiences at this hotel? am thinking about booking a few nights here at the beginning of february and would like to know what to expect as a diamond. would you recommend using a suite upgrade certificate at this hotel?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Intercontinental, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by wudaokouan
any recent updates or experiences at this hotel? am thinking about booking a few nights here at the beginning of february and would like to know what to expect as a diamond. would you recommend using a suite upgrade certificate at this hotel?
My wife and I stayed there on a Diamond suite upgrade in late October. We were upgraded to a room on the corner of the hotel (room 556 I believe). It had a large living room and a separate bedroom area. There were two bathrooms, one a half bath and the other with a tub and separate shower. Both baths were very nice with granite counters and tile. The half bath had a TV behind the mirror that my wife watched as she did her makeup in the morning. The living area had a small refrigerator. There was a large balcony (probably 8 feet deep) that ran the length of the room. You could see the Ferry Building and the bay from the balcony. My wife loved the room.

This was definitely worth an upgrade in my opinion.

Last edited by huskergreg; Feb 20, 2011 at 7:50 pm
Old Jan 24, 2011, 1:06 pm

I stayed there recently, and was offered an "embarcadero suite." Took a look at it, and turned it down in favor of a regular balcony room. These suites have no tub, just a large walk in shower. The desk clerk told me the tubs had been removed from some of the suites after the recent renovations. He said most "business" travelers didn't care about tubs, and added that most of the people who commented about missing them are women. I don't think Hyatt did enough research on this one before making the move.
I hadn't been to the hotel in several years, and thought the new club was great, as was the room. I used only stay there when the Park and GH weren't available. When the Park left, I stuck with the GH...but Embarcadero will be my first choice from now on.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
You just need to be careful that you don't get a suite above the cable car terminus. We did and it was difficult to sleep without earplugs. The cable car runs from about 5am-1am and the operators don't seem to hesitate to ring the bell. There are also street musicians who hang out around the cable car terminus and can be noisy until quite late at night.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 4:23 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
You just need to be careful that you don't get a suite above the cable car terminus. We did and it was difficult to sleep without earplugs. The cable car runs from about 5am-1am and the operators don't seem to hesitate to ring the bell. There are also street musicians who hang out around the cable car terminus and can be noisy until quite late at night.
FYI - That cable car route is actually suspended until July 2011 for renovations: http://www.californiabeat.org/2010/1...d-for-6-months
Old Jan 24, 2011, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by nnn
FYI - That cable car route is actually suspended until July 2011 for renovations: http://www.californiabeat.org/2010/1...d-for-6-months
^

Last time I was at the Regency, I could hear cable cars all night long
Old Jan 24, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Ambassador
great! thanks so much for the quick feedback! i booked a three night stay next week and will report back...

any good options/alternatives nearby for overnight parking with in/out privileges?
Old Jan 24, 2011, 7:44 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
^

Last time I was at the Regency, I could hear cable cars all night long
My report is here from last June: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14242818-post96.html

The all night horrid noise is the only thing we hated about this place ... it seems that it was coming from somewhere underground through the vents and on to the street ... we were in Suite # 640 situated at corner of California and Drumm with slight Bay Bridge view. I'd go for an embarcadero suite like the one joanek turned down above, I believe those are facing the bay and hence away from this constant noise.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 8:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Kalboz
My report is here from last June: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14242818-post96.html

The all night horrid noise is the only thing we hated about this place ... it seems that it was coming from somewhere underground through the vents and on to the street ... we were in Suite # 640 situated at corner of California and Drumm with slight Bay Bridge view. I'd go for an embarcadero suite like the one joanek turned down above, I believe those are facing the bay and hence away from this constant noise.
Could it be the BART or Muni? They don't run all night as far as I know.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: Hyatt, UA
Hyatt Regency San Francisco

Had a stay there mid Nov and used a suite upgrade , when I got there was allocated an Embarcadaro suite right above cable car turn around very noisy and also no tub in bathroom. called down asked if I could change and was told no more suites was finally just given reg room on 10th floor, was a lttle disappointing , but upgrade was put back in my acct.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 4:41 pm

I have a Plat Extras cert to use by April. Would this property be a good choice to use
it for a club upgrade? Thanks.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mr27
I have a Plat Extras cert to use by April. Would this property be a good choice to use
FS-Parents stayed here last week. They said that the Regency Club was a great benefit, as it had excellent food and wonderful views of the bay. I'd use it here, unless you'll be at a nicer property before April
Old Feb 20, 2011, 5:14 pm

Thanks FriendlySkies. I was also considering GH Seattle but
this hotel seems like a safe pick.
Old Feb 20, 2011, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by mr27

I've stayed at this hotel many times. You won't be disappointed with the Club. Good offerings, very attentive staff, great view (although not as great views as at the Grand Hyatt Union Square).
Old Feb 20, 2011, 9:03 pm

Sounds great! Thanks JIMCHI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.