Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by kenbo
I stayed at the hotel this past weekend with the AAA $89 rate. There were no problems at all.

This was my first trip to this hotel and it was great. The room was clean, had a great view of the bay the bed was comfortable and the RC Lounge had a nice spread in the evening and the morning. The coolest thing about the room was the TV in the bathroom mirror!

The evening spread consisted of some generously sized meatballs, mushroom and artichoke pizza, fresh veggies and a few other things. For breakfast there were bagels, toast/english muffins, pastries, hard boiled eggs and smoked salmon.

Just curious, are you Diamond? I checked in as Platnium and they would not budge on Regency Club access
Old May 12, 2010, 6:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by AAflyguy
Just curious, are you Diamond? I checked in as Platnium and they would not budge on Regency Club access
Regency Club access is available for platinum members for a small surcharge, typically $75.
Old May 12, 2010, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by francophile
Regency Club access is available for platinum members for a small surcharge, typically $75.
That $75 surchage would have been almost as much as my $83 rate this same weekend
Old May 12, 2010, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by AAflyguy
Yes, I am Diamond. Have you looked into the NOR1 upgrades? I tend to see that option on my confirmation screen all the time now. You might be able to find a room with RC Lounge access for a small(er) upgrade fee.
Old May 13, 2010, 1:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Yes, I am Diamond. Have you looked into the NOR1 upgrades? I tend to see that option on my confirmation screen all the time now. You might be able to find a room with RC Lounge access for a small(er) upgrade fee.
Some of the Nor1 upgrades seem to be a good deal.

Another way to upgrade to the RC level is of course using the 3,000 point upgrade. If you're staying more than one night, or you're travelling with hungry/thirsty kids, it's worth it.
Old May 13, 2010, 8:15 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by francophile
Another way to upgrade to the RC level is of course using the 3,000 point upgrade. If you're staying more than one night, or you're travelling with hungry/thirsty kids, it's worth it.
I don't know what type of rates those 3,000 points are applicable to - the 6,000 point suite upgrades are only on fairly expensive rates. For Platinums with the "Platinum Extras" certs, don't forget that some of those can be used for RC/GC upgrades also - probably the best use of those certs.
Old May 13, 2010, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
I don't know what type of rates those 3,000 points are applicable to - the 6,000 point suite upgrades are only on fairly expensive rates. For Platinums with the "Platinum Extras" certs, don't forget that some of those can be used for RC/GC upgrades also - probably the best use of those certs.
Got the following from the Hyatt Awards Page:

"1 When redeeming Regency/Grand Club® Upgrades or Suite Upgrades at a resort property, you must pay a minimum of the prevailing deluxe rack rate (such as partial ocean view, ocean view, slope view, etc.). At non-resort properties you must pay a minimum of the prevailing rack rate."
Old May 13, 2010, 1:35 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by chanp
Looking forward to a stay there tomm night for 107 a night. They hotel called and said it was a mistake and should be 143 a night. I have print outs, so lets see what happens
Originally Posted by kishna
Hi there,
you might want to tell them that last night at around 8-9pm, their rates for Sat. night (5/8/10) plummeted. So I was able to book king room for the Peter Pan Package (PPAN) for $83.00 per night for tonight and tomorrow night and was able to book the AAA BREAKF rate for $89 for tomorrow night only for a second room.
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
FYI: I also got the $89.00 AAA rate. This is no mistake, I've gotten this rate before at this hotel. Every so often during slow weekends they drop the rate for a few hours. I also booked a room at SFO for $71. Love it, Hyatt Place rates at full service hotels! FYI that Peter Pan Tent is an eyesore. UGLY.
I stayed at the hotel this past weekend with the AAA $89 rate. There were no problems at all.

This was my first trip to this hotel and it was great. The room was clean, had a great view of the bay the bed was comfortable and the RC Lounge had a nice spread in the evening and the morning. The coolest thing about the room was the TV in the bathroom mirror!

The evening spread consisted of some generously sized meatballs, mushroom and artichoke pizza, fresh veggies and a few other things. For breakfast there were bagels, toast/english muffins, pastries, hard boiled eggs and smoked salmon.
Wow those are some nice rates for the Hyatt Regency. I've never seen them that low if during the lull of winter.
Old May 14, 2010, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kluau88
Wow those are some nice rates for the Hyatt Regency. I've never seen them that low if during the lull of winter.
Wow, that's really cheap since Bay to Breakers is this Sunday...
Old May 14, 2010, 9:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
FYI: Those were rates for LAST WEEKEND. This weekend for Bay to Breakers the rate is $243.

Originally Posted by abraxis
Wow, that's really cheap since Bay to Breakers is this Sunday...
Old May 16, 2010, 8:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Another Great Stay

Used a suite upgrade which, per GP, entitled me to an Embarcadero Ste. At check-in asked if possibly I could get a balcony suite. No problem, she said I have a really nice one if you can wait an hour for it to be cleaned. Waited in RC, she called me on my cell to say it was ready, and had the key brought up to us in RC. Years ago I remember the customer service here was basically we-could-care-less, but evidently they've taken a new attitude. Now it ranks right up there.

Suite 1556 was very, very nice. Newly reburbished with 2 bathrooms. Separate bedroom down a hall. Sliding doors to the balcony from both the living room and the bedroom (so very long balcony). Nice patio furniture. Beautiful view of the Ferry Building and Bay Bridge. It would be the perfect room for 4th of July fireworks. RC again did not disappoint, one of the best at least in North America.

Parked at Embarcadero 3 for $32. Did check out the parking situation at Jack London Square. For those interested yes you can park overnight even though their web site & signs say no; I believe the cost would then be $12. Plus RT ferry ride for 2 is $25. So if you have the time and desire it would be a lovely alternative on a nice day. But it's not cheaper than just paying to park in SF.
Old May 19, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Being a domestic property, I feel like I already know the answer, but here goes.

Are there any complimentary drinks in the lounge?
Old May 19, 2010, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTT, HH Gold, National Exec, Hertz PC
Anyone have any idea what breakfast is like in the restaurant? As a diamond I'll have RC access, but the AA breakfast rate works out to $5.18 more per night. Alternatively, the Costco rate with a $25 credit is the same $5.18 more per night than the non-breakfast rate. I suppose I could foresee ordering a couple of drinks to use the $25 credit, but I normally don't have much in the way of F&B spend at a city hotel in a developed country.
Old May 19, 2010, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by troyb
Being a domestic property, I feel like I already know the answer, but here goes.

Are there any complimentary drinks in the lounge?
Juice, water, soda and coffee are complimentary.

I believe the alcoholic beverages begin at $4 and go up to $8 or $10. I'm not really sure. I stuck with the free stuff!
Old Jun 6, 2010, 2:14 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by kishna
That $75 surchage would have been almost as much as my $83 rate this same weekend
$35 extra per night for eStandby Upgrade for Regency Club City View, 385 sq. ft.

• Relax in our exclusive, top-floor, key-access Regency Club lounge with fantastic 360 degree view of San Francisco and the bay
  • Deluxe continental breakfast, mid-day snacks, evening hors d'oeuvres with honor cocktail/wine bar
  • Newly renovated luxury guestroom offers spectacular city views through dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows and a swivel LCD TV with connectivity adapters for your media player or computer
  • Lavish granite bathroom with built-in LCD TV in the mirror

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.