Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2023, 10:45 am

Hyatt Explorist here. I have a reservation booked for tonight and my flight in just got canceled, rebooked for tomorrow. Would this property work with me on a cancellation for my reservation for tonight even though I'm now well within their 72hr window?
Thought I'd check here before I call and ask, would be nice to go in knowing whether others have been accommodated this way as well
Old Dec 14, 2023, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Can I still go up to the lounge for the view during closed hours? Maybe the elevators are disabled during that time?
No, you cannot. I tried to go tonight to enjoy the view after the end of the posted opening hours for food. (Dessert ends at 9pm; I tried to go at 9:40pm.) The elevator was still enabled and let me badge up to the club floor, but there was a rope just in front of the elevator doors preventing me from entering the club.

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Here today (Sunday) and there is evening service. Look like the welcome email is incorrect. Even the FD mentioned it will be open today when we checked in.
Oddly, the physical sign they post when the club is closed still has the older, incorrect hours that state no Sunday evening service.

Old Dec 20, 2023, 12:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Pretty weak that breakfast ends at 9:30 am on the weekend.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 6:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by econ
Pretty weak that breakfast ends at 9:30 am on the weekend.
Marriott Marquis does the same - it's absolutely deliberate to limit their elite benefit costs.

"Pretty weak" is an overall apt description for not only breakfast, but everything else at this property (excepting only the location).
Old Dec 20, 2023, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Kacee
it's absolutely deliberate to limit their elite benefit costs.
Agreed, especially obvious when the restaurant offers breakfast until 11 am. Although I wasn't impressed with what the restaurant had to offer either on one of the mornings during recent stay when the lounge was closed.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 4:44 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by econ
Agreed, especially obvious when the restaurant offers breakfast until 11 am. Although I wasn't impressed with what the restaurant had to offer either on one of the mornings during recent stay when the lounge was closed.
By contrast, the breakfast at HR Downtown keeps getting better (fresh sqeezed OJ and grapefruit juice!), and it's open until 10:30 am during the week, 11 am on weekends.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 12:11 am

Great location

Stayed in mid Feb 2024.
used TSU to upgrade to Bay View Studio Suite. Amazing view onto the bridge with great sunrise, pull out sofa is very uncomfortable. We were given high floor.

regency club: great view, poor food selection, outdated, complicated to get there, you need to get to the lobby and use only one of the two side elevators.

Regency Club Hours:Breakfast: Wednesday – Sunday, 6:30am – 9:30amMid-Day Service: Wednesday- Sunday, 12:00pm – 4:00pmEvening Service- Honor Bar and Hors d’oeuvres: Tuesday – Saturday, 5:00pm – 8:00pmDessert: Tuesday – Saturday, 8:00pm – 9:00pm

When club closed you get breakfast at the restaurant, good buffet selection, but breakfast charges were not removed automatically, I am still in process of getting it fixed.

​​​​​​We were given 2 vouchers for bottle of water at the market, no water restocked in the room.

Great location.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 12:34 pm

Is the Regency Club closing? Based on an article in the SF Chronicle today, it sounds like they're converting it back into a public restaurant, to be called Revolve.

Some quotes from the article:
On Tuesday night, overnight guests who pay an extra $100 to access the hotel’s Regency Club (or elite members who have complimentary club access) will get to experience the return of the renovated circulating space at a soft opening. A grand reopening of the space will take place on May 1, the hotel’s 51st birthday.

Plans are also underway to open the space to the public as a ticketed happy hour venue called Club Revolve.
and
Revolve will open for hotel guests this Wednesday and in a few weeks will open to the public.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 12:07 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jhurwitz
Is the Regency Club closing?
As of right now, they still are selling club rooms for later this year.

However, I find it hard to believe that they will be able to maintain it as both a club and a public bar. I think, at a minimum, it would mean the end of evening appetizer service / honor bar.

Perhaps they are relocating the club? Perhaps it will remain the club lounge in the morning for breakfast and then the club level rooms / Globalists will be able to get complimentary entry tickets to "Club Revolve" in the evenings?

They're going to have to do something to justify non-Globalists paying $100 a night for a club level room -- and that something is hopefully more than just breakfast. Another video I saw said that they take in $3M a year from club level upgrades, which is not something I'd imagine they'd want to give up unless they were fully confident in the revenue potential of switching it to a public venue...

Last edited by blahmeh14; Apr 17, 2024 at 12:17 am
Old Apr 17, 2024, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by blahmeh14
Another video I saw said that they take in $3M a year from club level upgrades, which is not something I'd imagine they'd want to give up unless they were fully confident in the revenue potential of switching it to a public venue...
Thanks for the pointer, I found the video. The GM says at about 2.5 minutes in that, in 2018, they generated $2.8M from club level upsells (of $100-125 each).

Last edited by jhurwitz; Apr 17, 2024 at 5:57 pm Reason: reformatting YouTube embed
Old Apr 18, 2024, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by jhurwitz
The GM says at about 2.5 minutes in that, in 2018, they generated $2.8M from club level upsells (of $100-125 each).
A different era, a completely different market. They were regularly able to charge $700-1000+ per night during various tech conventions, many of which have now moved to other cities.

The food in the club has been so pathetically awful the last few times I was here, virtually any change would be an improvement. Whether they can make any money with a revolving bar remains to be seen. The market in SF remains very very difficult.
lsquare likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 2:52 pm

Rotating restaurant / bar only open to hotel guests right now too. That is really going to limit how much revenue they can generate from it. If they opened to the public I think they have a decent shot at making good money from it now that we are entering busier tourist season.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 9:45 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by olouie
Rotating restaurant / bar only open to hotel guests right now too. That is really going to limit how much revenue they can generate from it. If they opened to the public I think they have a decent shot at making good money from it now that we are entering busier tourist season.
Do you know what the club lounge situation is now that they've opened the bar? Are they still doing morning and evening food services?
Old Apr 21, 2024, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, CX Silver, OW Ruby, Travala Smart Diamond
Found a review video on yt from August 2023:

Old Apr 25, 2024, 3:11 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Appears that the Premium Suite Upgrade option is dead here. Pity, as I loved having the Presidential (basically a $600 upgrade for 9K points).

With a full revolving restaurant, this will finally be the Cat 5 it's been listed at for what... 7+ years?

In the meantime I used a FNA for HC Fishermans. Been a minute since I've been there. Will take a trip to HR from there to give the restaurant a shot in a few weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.