Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2009, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Used a suite upgrade there last year.

1) It did NOT include Regency Club access. That was something like $50 a day extra
2) The suite was located on the 3rd or 4th floor, right above the terminus of the cable car, which runs from 6 a.m. till 1:00 a.m. VERY noisy.

I wasn't impressed with the suite. More like two rooms connected together. Regency Club was VERY nice with spectacular views.

Re activities for a 15 year old. I have one of those ! Recommendations: Exploratorium, cruise and tour of Alcatraz, Duck Tour, Academy of Science in Golden Gate Park. Do all of these and it should occupy a couple of days.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
You should also spend some time reviewing the San Francisco link - I also think for a 15-yr old, (if he hasn't been to the real country) a side trip thru Chinatown can be fun, also. Intro to Dim Sum, tea tasting, and bargaining (if you enjoy that sort of thing) can be real eye-openers for a 15-yr-old. For about a dollar each, the 4-packs of scented chinese soaps make great souvenirs. Put your son in charge of finding the best deal on them!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:57 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Any update on RC?

Last year, the food was wonderful with warm dishes in the evening. Is the food still very good? Any other changes?
Old Mar 15, 2009, 9:49 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by mmgm
Last year, the food was wonderful with warm dishes in the evening. Is the food still very good? Any other changes?
When there on a weekend, there were no warm dishes and there was no concierge in the club.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by Primenumber
Dear insiders of the Hyatt Regency SF,

I plan to stay there April 14th-18th with my son. Found quite reasonable rates for a standard room and think about upgrading that with points either to a Regency Club room or a Suite. How are the suites? Is it worth the points? I assume suites allow Regency Club access as well, don't they?

Thank you very much. Thank you for organizing your forum so well!!

Have safe travels

Primenumber

P.S.: Slightly off-topic: Any good tips for activities with a 15 year-old in SF?

I like the suites I have had here more than the GH SF. At the HR, the onee I have had came with long balconies, and two bathrooms with the master bath room having a window.

In addition to what others have said you might try the Museum of Modern Art across from Moscone Center. You could also see a show:

http://www.theatrebayarea.org/tix/ti...BDEC268FE?hi=1

The half price ticket booth is located at Union Square.

If you have any questions send me an e-mail. Thanks.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Just stayed last weekend - used suite upgrade to get Embarcadero suite, then called front desk to swap to balcony suite (the 2 adjoining room type). Small in-room fridge makes it easy to keep things fresh you'll buy at the Ferry Building across the street. Spa tub w/bubblers (no jets) really helps after a long day of walking. Tough to fit more than 1 person at a time, though . Sat. morning club was full. Being a block or 2 away from Yank Sing, Slanted Door, Boulette's Larder and Boulevard makes this a great location for foodie getaway.

Last weekend, they started something for the summer on Saturdays from 9pm to midnight in the top-floor round RC featuring champagne - we couldn't make it - anyone else staying on a weekend please report! Normal RC hours for the weekend are 6-10am 11am-4pm and 5-8pm
Old Jul 17, 2009, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
The lounge is very nice. It has a number of TV's, several computers, a fax machine, massage chairs, and magazines. Great views of the bay.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Market Street View at Night

Old Aug 28, 2009, 9:52 am

Hyatt Regency San Francisco Drumm Street view at sunset

Old Aug 28, 2009, 9:59 am

Hyatt Regency San Francisco Sacramento Alley side balcony view

The Hyatt Regency San Francisco basically has three sides for hotel room views. These are sample photos from the Market Street, Drumm Street, and Sacramento Alley (almost all the balcony rooms) sides of the hotel.

The Regency Club lounge on the top of the hotel provides 360 degree views from the circular room glass windows. The view from the Hyatt's near waterfront location to San Francisco Bay is great and relatively unobstructed to the east, but 40+ story buildings limit the vista in other directions.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:44 am

The free view at the Hyatt Regency

The elevators at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco allow guest to go part-way up without a key card. Exit the elevator and walk to the other side of the hotel for a waterfront view.

Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:48 am
DH

Originally Posted by kevino
The lounge is very nice. It has a number of TV's, several computers, a fax machine, massage chairs, and magazines. Great views of the bay.
Very nice lounge indeed. Evening service included spring roll, 3 different kinds of spreads, grilled vegetables, veggie tray, 3-4 kinds of cheese, olives, and breads. The dessert presentation consisted of 2 mini (lemon and brownies) and 2 regular size cakes. The breakfast was typical bakery, hot oatmeal, boiled egg and smoked salmon.

Features I didn't like were the manual A/C control and expensive valet parking ($50/nt + $7 tax). Luckily my AAA rate included the parking.

P.S. The breakfast buffet coupon covers tip.

Last edited by DH; Sep 9, 2009 at 10:35 am
Old Sep 9, 2009, 12:41 pm

The views from the HR lounge are amazing. The GH lounge is higher up and there are sweeping views of the entire city, but from the HR lounge, it's very relaxing seeing the water and Bay Bridge closer up.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 5:52 pm
DH

Originally Posted by DH
expensive valet parking ($50/nt + $7 tax)
Is there cheaper parking nearby? Does Embarcadero Center Parking Garage offer overnight parking?
Old Oct 11, 2009, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Avoid parking at all costs downtown and take the BART. It stops right at the front door.
You can come from Oakland or even SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.