Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Shanghai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Shanghai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2010, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
There is no club at the PH.
Thanks, so can guests staying at the PH use the club at the GH?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 5:53 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by krazieman
No.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:56 pm

hahahaha, I wish. But, no.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:02 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Jetsetter.com Sale

Starting 12/17 at 3pm EST

At the Grand Hyatt Shanghai, guests feel like they’re on top of the world in this exuberantly designed skyscraper, looking down on Shanghai’s changing-by-the-minute skyline and the historic buildings of the riverfront. With six restaurants that span cuisines of the world and three bars (all with those up-in-the-clouds views), you never need to leave the hotel. But when you do, Shanghai’s dynamic restaurant/club/cultural scene is just a short underwater metro ride across the Huangpu River.

http://www.jetsetter.com/sale/pre/gr...=upcoming&cl=4
Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: SQ
Just bought a night off the jetsetter.com sale for this Hyatt to give it a try - It seems that my room isn't going to be a riverview one since it was such a good deal. Any idea if Hyatt will let me pay to upgrade when I check-in and what it would cost?

Cheers
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: UA, AA, NWA, Hilton, Marriott, *wood, Hertz
upgrade question

I just booked a 3 night stay at GH Shanghai and confirmed a Grand King Suite using diamond upgrade cert. My question is will they give a river view suite as a Dia member? or can I use pts to upgrade to view suite or higher? Any experience? Thanks! BP
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:31 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BoardingPass
I just booked a 3 night stay at GH Shanghai and confirmed a Grand King Suite using diamond upgrade cert. My question is will they give a river view suite as a Dia member? or can I use pts to upgrade to view suite or higher? Any experience? Thanks! BP
It's been a while since I've stayed at this hotel (moved to PH) but I didn't always get a river view. Some of the times I got a river view but it was not of the Bund area. The club, however, has an outstanding Bund view and that made up for it for me.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I was there in a suite 2 weeks and got a view of the Park Hyatt.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 3:19 pm

I was there in a suite 2 weeks and got a view of the Park Hyatt.

I am thinking of switching to PH, although it's more expensive. I learned from the other thread a FTer using DIA upg cert was given a diplomatic Suite at PH. At least PH doesn't have such view/non-view discrepancy, so there is better chance I can request a suite with good view.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus

I am thinking of switching to PH, although it's more expensive. I learned from the other thread a FTer using DIA upg cert was given a diplomatic Suite at PH. At least PH doesn't have such view/non-view discrepancy, so there is better chance I can request a suite with good view.
Well, that's not entirely true. They do have Park Suite facing east.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by jimmychang
Well, that's not entirely true. They do have Park Suite facing east.
Yes, I know, but they don't have two price categories for the Park Suite. So I think if I ask nicely, I might get one facing the TV tow and the bund.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 2:59 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Yes, I know, but they don't have two price categories for the Park Suite. So I think if I ask nicely, I might get one facing the TV tow and the bund.
That was what they gave me when I stayed there on the PVG-LAX mistake fare run I did. The standard suite upgrade gives you a city view, but they were nice enough (unprompted by me) to give me a river view upgrade on the 61st floor. Very nice it was too.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Can anyone comment on success with asked / not asked complimentary upgrades from rack rate to suites for Diamonds?
Thanks.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
I think that's very unlikely to happen. If you are paying the prevailing rate, you might as well use 6000 points for 4 night suite ugrpade.

http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/...tt_upgrade.jsp

Originally Posted by ainternational
Can anyone comment on success with asked / not asked complimentary upgrades from rack rate to suites for Diamonds?
Thanks.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by jimmychang
I think that's very unlikely to happen. If you are paying the prevailing rate, you might as well use 6000 points for 4 night suite ugrpade.

http://goldpassport.hyatt.com/gp/en/...tt_upgrade.jsp
Thanks, yeah, I wasn't holding my breath but thought I'd ask. I'm in country only two nights this time so thinking I'll keep my 6K points and spend my time more outside the room than in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.