Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a great stay at the Grand Hyatt this past weekend. Received a great upgrade to a suite without using a suite upgrade, and found the staff and club to be very nice. I wrote a full review (including pictures) here.
Old May 12, 2010, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt GP Diamond, IC Priority Club Gold
Got a question, especially for anyone who has stayed here (as well as the Olive 8) recently - would be better for those who have used the AAA breakfast rate.

What's the meal like with that AAA breakfast rate? How does it compare to the breakfast at the Olive 8?
Old Jun 24, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Try for an XX22 room: Corner executive suite with view of Puget Sound to the west, the Space Needle to the north, and the Olympics for a backdrop. Otherwise, a room in the high teens works. Turn a chair around. Put your feet up on the wide sill. Watch the ferries glide back and forth. Mmmmmm... ^
Old Jun 24, 2010, 8:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Firewind
Try for an XX22 room: Corner executive suite with view of Puget Sound to the west, the Space Needle to the north, and the Olympics for a backdrop. Otherwise, a room in the high teens works. Turn a chair around. Put your feet up on the wide sill. Watch the ferries glide back and forth. Mmmmmm... ^
Add a glass of Camus Merlot to make it almost perfect.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 7:08 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
just had another nice stay here. Diamond upgrade to a suite....but one with a so-so view. Very welcoming Grand Club.....like how they're open until 11am on weekends for continental breakfast (even though the card you can ask for at check-in only says 10am ). Another nice stay. One of my favorite Hyatts.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:49 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Just booked an Executive Suite for a romantic weekend next month. Hope it works out! Let me know if you think an Emerald Suite would be better -- same price.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Just booked an Executive Suite for a romantic weekend next month. Hope it works out! Let me know if you think an Emerald Suite would be better -- same price.
Just came back this weekend from a stay in an Emerald Suite. They are pretty much the same size and amenities. I highly recommend the "test" exec suite with the lcd screen in the bathroom mirror, ask for room 2724.^
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
Just came back this weekend from a stay in an Emerald Suite. They are pretty much the same size and amenities. I highly recommend the "test" exec suite with the lcd screen in the bathroom mirror, ask for room 2724.^
Is that on the 27th floor or the 2nd? I think that makes a big difference as far as a romantic weekend is concerned.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by kenbo
Is that on the 27th floor or the 2nd? I think that makes a big difference as far as a romantic weekend is concerned.
27th. Grand club floor. I have never seen what or if there is even a 2nd floor.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:56 pm

27th. Grand club floor. I have never seen what or if there is even a 2nd floor.
Haha good. I used a suite upgrade certificate once (for a different Hyatt) and the reservations agent told me that the suite she was booking for me was on the 2nd floor but that she would put in a request for a nicer suite. I did not end up on the 2nd floor so I was pretty relieved. ^
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Platnium, Hyatt GP Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I have stayed here multiple times while visiting with Alaska Airlines and use their corporate rate. I love the hotel but it is a little pricey if had to pay and not get reimbursed. The standard rooms are great. I always request a high floor and a bay view. I haven't made it the suites yet, but will probably do it next time I stay.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 3:40 pm

I'm considering staying at this hotel in December around the holidays. It looks like others have been comped a suite upgrade so I'm wondering if my chances would increase at this time of year. I'd like to believe that this time of year is generally slow for hotels but I wouldn't be surprised if it was busy.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by kenbo
I'm considering staying at this hotel in December around the holidays. It looks like others have been comped a suite upgrade so I'm wondering if my chances would increase at this time of year. I'd like to believe that this time of year is generally slow for hotels but I wouldn't be surprised if it was busy.
If you really want the suite, I recommend you use one of your Diamond upgrades. Chances are good you may not get the comp during the holidays.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 8:59 am

If you really want the suite, I recommend you use one of your Diamond upgrades. Chances are good you may not get the comp during the holidays.
Thanks for the advice. I'll make sure to save one. Does this hotel usually get busy around the holidays?
Old Aug 13, 2010, 8:41 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Stayed here last weekend for a short night stay. Was upgraded to an executive suite and was very impressed (as were my friends).

The room was directly above the Grand Club. View was ok (I was there mostly at night) and the bathroom was fantastic.

Great staff and checkin and check out.

I was at the Olive 8 the night before. With the choice between the two, I would pick this hotel every time. Better room quality, staff was better (and more prompt. THOUGH The breakfast was much nicer at the Olive 8. The room more than made up for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.