Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Central90210
From my experiences on using the club upgrade award and 3000 point upgrade on standard room reservations, they have always assigned a room with city and harbor view on floors 30 and above (Grand Club is on 30-31/F), but of course YMMV.
The room they now refer to as the "deluxe" room (ie with the angled windows)?
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by UnitedConnection
The room they now refer to as the "deluxe" room (ie with the angled windows)?
No. Standard club room with city view.

The Deluxe Room is the standard Glob upgrade before a Grand Suite.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:53 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I had a simply brilliant stay here months ago and so glad I returned after a failed stay years ago with disappointing tired suites and rooms
The hotels rooms and suites have since received a refresh
I believe it may have been the same architectural firm who worked on the Park Hyatt in Sydney years ago
Was pleasantly surprised by the suite upgrade too

Highlights were the superb live musical entertainment above the lobby by the bar like something you expect to see in heaven
Don't miss the daily made hot bread sticks and in house made minestrone soup made from scratch to die for in the Italian restaurant (Grissini )
Nearly every restaurant the world over typically gets the recipe wrong in or out of Italy. I would pay a ransom for soup that good but good luck finding it!
I'd go back just for those 2 items alone! The Grissini brand is vastly improved from years past and I can only guess that part of it is a true Italian Executive chef that is now on board

The Grand club had stellar service with reasonably nice offerings
The GM stopped by in the lobby before departure and gave me some good tips to getting back to the airport
Most likely as one of the front office folks recognized me from the Park Hyatt Sydney
All in all an impressive stay minus the horrible downpours (killed the views)and massive humidity
Felt quite protected and spoiled from within this impressive facility! Hope to return this year
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:15 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
@seawolf
I read your wiki and have a question regarding the 3 pieces of laundry being complimentary in suites. we have booked the Victoria Harbour Suite. I haven't seen this benefit listed anywhere in the suite descriptions. Is this still a benefit and is ir officially mentioned somewhere?
many thanks for advice.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:41 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
@seawolf
I read your wiki and have a question regarding the 3 pieces of laundry being complimentary in suites. we have booked the Victoria Harbour Suite. I haven't seen this benefit listed anywhere in the suite descriptions. Is this still a benefit and is ir officially mentioned somewhere?
many thanks for advice.
I just returned from a week there in a suite. I can confirm the 3 pieces of laundry daily benefit. There is a letter in the suite confirming that. A few days before check in you should receive an email from the front office. You can respond to that email for confirmation of the benefit. You can also verify at checkin.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:46 am
formerly a193991

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Pat89339

I just returned from a week there in a suite. I can confirm the 3 pieces of laundry daily benefit. There is a letter in the suite confirming that. You can also verify at checkin.
great. thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Loved my stay in this property over the CNY Holidays last month. Everything positive written about this property I will not rehash. Some negatives are the ongoing construction on the waterfront below, and the difficulty getting to the amazing ferry rides to Kowloon. Besides this, all was well. We had amazing weather and views of the Kowloon side across the harbour from our Suite and Lounge on the 18th and 22nd floors. Awesome service top to bottom from every encounter I had, and a special shout out to Scott in the Grand Hyatt Lounge. Quite possibly the friendliest and hardest working employee I came across on my 4 night stay here. I look forward to seeing them all again in May 22-24 weekend.

LFC
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by luvFclass
Awesome service top to bottom from every encounter I had, and a special shout out to Scott in the Grand Hyatt Lounge. Quite possibly the friendliest and hardest working employee I came across on my 4 night stay here. I look forward to seeing them all again in May 22-24 weekend.
Scott is great ! ^
luvFclass likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Scott is great ! ^
Ditto - i had never known his name until recently...nut yes he is great!
luvFclass likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Hyatt - Globalist, Bonvoy - Gold, Hilton - Gold
Any tips for particular Grand Suites to request? Better side for views? Hyatt Globalist here staying at the hotel for the first time. Used a GSU. Staying in June.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:03 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by apschneider84
Any tips for particular Grand Suites to request? Better side for views? Hyatt Globalist here staying at the hotel for the first time. Used a GSU. Staying in June.
staying in a Victoria Harbour View Suite which is a great room with superb views.
Cannot be used with TSU or 9k points I guess as it is a specialty suite. We are paying as aiming for LT Glob this year.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:05 pm
formerly a193991

Curious if others tip the lounge staff, any views on this? If tipping, how do you do so... on a individual basis or for the whole team?

Thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Curious if others tip the lounge staff, any views on this? If tipping, how do you do so... on a individual basis or for the whole team?

Thanks!
No reason to tip nor expected.
RichardInSF likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 11:30 pm
formerly a193991

Originally Posted by seawolf

No reason to tip nor expected.
thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks!
A shoutout via Hyatt social media channels or to corporate is probably better than an envelope of cash.
59Impala likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.