Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Singapore REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (closed Sept 22) - reopens 2024?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2004, 11:57 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I agree with you that it is shady. My understanding of the terms and conditions are the same as yours. What's the point in being Diamond if your award and FFN stays don't get you any Diamond benefits? That's why I encourage all of you to remind people what the rules are on becoming Diamond, so they realize how difficult it is.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 11:25 am

Any late checkout at Singapore Hyatt?

I will be arriving in Singapore later this week at 2am and have a 16 hr layover. I am trying to decide between the Sheraton Singapore and the Hyatt. I currently have a cash and pts resevation at the Sheraton but am considering the Hyatt due to its location and possibility of lounge access (I'm plat in Starwood and Diamond at Hyatt). I tried to use a FFN but couldn't since I need to be there on Thursday night. I can get an award night but am wondering based on past threads whether I will be get a late checkout at this hotel.

Overall, the late checkout is more important to me v/s the location and RC access as my son is going to be with me and will probably want to sleep after the long flt from LAX. What are other folks experience at getting a late checkout at this hotel? Am I better off at the Sheraton?
Old Dec 12, 2004, 5:40 pm

honestly- no

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have never been given a checkout anytime after say 1 or 2 pm.

They really look after me in other ways though-
I am diamond.

BUT I know someone else who did get a 6 pm a couple of times.
Maybe they dont like me after my hotel review on

www.hotelreview.de.vu
Old Dec 12, 2004, 5:57 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
So let me get this straight.................. if you have an extra S$60 to pay the hotel, then there is all of a sudden availability. But if you don't have an extra S$60, then there is NO availability? That's pretty shady.
Yup... all of us here on FT know how the GH SIN plays the game, and I'm sure Hyatt Customer Service does too... It's one of the black eyes in the chain, yet they do NOTHING about it (Are you reading this Karen????) Making a guest, let alone a Diamond, pay for an upgrade that they are entitled to gratis is sad... come on and do something with this property. I have experienced the GH SIN "hospitality" as well and will NEVER stay at that property again... IMHO, the Conrad down the street does a much better job in treating their Elites than GH SIN will ever do.
Old Dec 12, 2004, 6:20 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
As a Plat on an FFN stay in the old tower, I was given a 4pm late checkout last month. I hear they're a bit more stingy with late checkouts in the new Grand wing.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 5:44 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
I forgot to mention that on my last trip when I paid $60S (plus tax) to ug to the new tower on a FFN stay, I did also ask if I could instead get an upgraded room somewhere in the old tower for being a Diamond. The clerk said that all the rooms in the old tower are the same. That seemed odd to me.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
A slightly bumpy start, but I really loved my stay at the hotel over NYE (3 nights).

I had made plenty of advance notice for my upgrade request, got a nice acknowledgement and then was checked in to one of the poorer Grand Deluxe Kings on the 7th floor, no view, over the HVAC vents. I had to take my disappoinment first to the Club Concierge, who showed me her screen- 100% occupancy except in end rooms without bathtubs. Gave up for a while, but couldn't stand looking at the HVAC, so went back downstairs, spoke to the desk supervisor/manager, who said she had to get authority from her boss to move someone, but did and got me a great room on the 17th floor.

Really the rooms are pretty similar, it's only if you care about view and are sensitive to noise, is it worth making the effort. The room itself is dynamite, 7th floor or 17th floor.

PS I was offered club access right off the bat.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Originally Posted by beachfan
...except in end rooms without bathtubs...
FWIW, I actually prefer the end rooms with no bathtubs. I specifically ask for them every time I stayed at this property. I was in house 12/26-12/29, and was upgraded without challenge to the Grand Wing rooms with GC access. I tried to use a suite upgrade cert, but with no success. The lady at check in (one of the nicest in recent memory) said the supervisor told her all suite were occupied.

Anyway, I hardly ever use bathtubs when I stay in hotels, so the loss of the tub is no big deal. With the loss of the tub, you get a separate walk-in closet that doubles as a dressing room (like the design of the Park Rooms in Park Tokyo) that has an entrance at the Hallway and at the bathroom. You also gain a dressing table in the bathroom without the tub. Since I have LOTS of clothing and toileteries when I travel for long periods, the added space in the practical spaces are much appreciated!! I could care less if the bathroom doesn't have a tub!!!

Frankly, I would advise everyone to refrain from using the tub as sanitary issues may arise......of course, YMMV.....
Old Jan 5, 2005, 5:06 pm

jkc22,

I'm sorry you weren't able to use the suite upgrade coupon.

I imagine the full suite is only slightly larger than a junior suite, but I don't know for sure.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 6:37 pm

I will be staying next month for one night using 15,000 points for a GC room. Does that mean it's automatically a room in the new wing? A regular room at GHS costs 12,000 points.

Should I be prepared to shell out S$60 to be put in one of those rooms or should I just forget about it since I am non Caucasian?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I will be staying next month for one night using 15,000 points for a GC room. Does that mean it's automatically a room in the new wing? A regular room at GHS costs 12,000 points.

Should I be prepared to shell out S$60 to be put in one of those rooms or should I just forget about it since I am non Caucasian?
You should be fine. All the Grand Club rooms are in the 'new' tower.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 8:31 pm
PN

Location: Australia - PPS Sol; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Plat; Amex Plat.
Originally Posted by kevino
jkc22,

I imagine the full suite is only slightly larger than a junior suite, but I don't know for sure.

The Deluxe Suite is quite large. With a dining table for 6, guest powder, 42 inch B&O, walk in closet and the bathroom is much bigger. If the GC room is divided into 2 separate sections, this has 3-3.5 sections.

The old design looks more spacious tho.

PN
Old Jan 11, 2005, 5:22 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Well I made a mistake - I gave them a second chance and low and behold - a bathless room again!

This time even a SGD380 rate didn't give me one.

Also no Grand Club access despite it being a Grand Club rate!

Am I an idiot?
Old Jan 11, 2005, 11:00 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Well I assumed this rate was Grand Club:

Prevailing Rate Grand Deluxe King
560 Sq Ft/Junior Suite/Broadband/Rain Shower
Workdesk/Build in Drawer Safe/B&O Tv/43tv Chn

Is that not so?
Old Jan 11, 2005, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Markie
Well I assumed this rate was Grand Club:

Prevailing Rate Grand Deluxe King
560 Sq Ft/Junior Suite/Broadband/Rain Shower
Workdesk/Build in Drawer Safe/B&O Tv/43tv Chn

Is that not so?

A Grand Room (Jr Suite) is not the same as a Grand Club Room (Jr Suite with GC access).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.