Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Long Beach REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Long Beach REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
NEW TV's!

At the Long Beach Hyatt now. The old CRTs have been replaced by new flat screens-the amiores have been replaced by a nice chest of drawers with a granite top. Also new clock radios with a docking station
Old Nov 28, 2010, 1:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Thanks to all those who gave advice on transport from LAX to the hotel. I ended up taking a taxi at 5pm and it cost $64.15, including the airport toll.

My stay was disappointing. I lined up at the priority check-in, only to have one of the desk agents on the other side check-in two separate parties. A female agent eventually checked me in and seemed genuinely interested in my first stay at the hotel. However, the turndown that she offered and the one I accepted never eventuated. Similarly, when I got to my room, the refrigerator I had ordered through e-concierge was not there, nor did it appear. (I had received a confirmation email.)

On check-out, when the desk agent enquired as to how my stay was, I outlined my disappointment. She too seemed genuine in her embarassment and disappointment for me and happily offered to wipe approximately $30 in incidentals.

I've emailed the assistant front office manager with my concerns as there was no guest comment/feedback form in the room. Apparently they don't have them.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 5:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Today I've found the $30 of incidentals has actually not been waived but charged to my credit card. Very disappointed.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 6:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

My $30 charge was refunded and, after contacting a manager with my issues, I was compensated with some Gold Passport points.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 5:32 pm

Any recent stays at this property, especially after the remodel? How is this compared to the Hyatt Pike a few blocks away? Also any options for getting to the San Pedro cruise ship terminal?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:23 pm

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Originally Posted by MADBOB
Any recent stays at this property, especially after the remodel? How is this compared to the Hyatt Pike a few blocks away? Also any options for getting to the San Pedro cruise ship terminal?
Yes, I was there two weeks great RC, room, and staff. In my opinion this is one of the best Regency's in the US. I would suggest taking a taxi to the terminal.

A few pictures of the hotel.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by MADBOB
Is the Hyatt Pike that boutique hotel near the cinema? I walked past there the other day, but there was no signage.

If you really want to be close to the San Pedro cruise terminal, stay at the Crowne Plaza which is a block away. It used to be a Sheraton and it's a decent enough hotel at a much better price than downtown LB properties.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
I got a new room at this hotel for the first time in 4 stays It's quite nice and simple. The Long Beach waterfront area is small, but fun. Would stay at the Regency over the Pike any day.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:02 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Originally Posted by inthemix
I got a new room at this hotel for the first time in 4 stays It's quite nice and simple.
Simple, hmmm. No glass hand offering you a green apple as soon as you entered your room? Was it a Snow White reference or something else... I dunno, made me think and I decided I just wanted to sleep in that great Hyatt bed awaiting me.

I liked it too, just nothing to write home about since my previous stay included a free upgrade to a very nice suite. This last stay was a renovated room (king room, as booked)-- but with a harbour view (not booked) probably given as the diamond best room available perk (they didn't recognize me as a return guest, just a diamond guest).

I also enjoyed my walk up to the downtown Long Beach more this last time. Still a bit seedy, but we found cooler bars and better restaurants (primarily due to the pre-travel research by my SO).
Old Dec 6, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Am currently at this property. Diamond recognition has been spectacular with some very tangible benefits. First-rate property and staff.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:46 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA 1K
Agree 100% - staying for one night on rewards stay but didn't make a diff - was recognized as diamond and the fantastic front-desk attendant (believe her name was Shay) seemed truly sorry that a suite wasn't available.

Great location and great rooms (though as mentioned in a previous post, they seem a bit odd in regards to layout and sound carrying/echos)

Originally Posted by JackE
Am currently at this property. Diamond recognition has been spectacular with some very tangible benefits. First-rate property and staff.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
We are currently here and are having a rather lackluster stay. Checked in and Diamond recognition was fine. When we got to our room, we discovered that several items, including TV, didn't work. I asked for them to move us due to our needing to get ready for dinner, and that was granted. It appears that they have deleted our Regency Club access tonight after the room change.

Wi-fi access is slow, and this isn't going well. Oh well. At least it is a stay...
Old May 10, 2014, 11:34 pm

Had a nice stay a few days ago. People were nice, the club lounge was decent, the rooms were nice with a view of the harbour.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 7:27 am

staying here in a few days. Any suggestions on restaurants/activities nearby? Also parking looks to be a bit high, any safe alternate parking areas nearby?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by ZBigFam; Jun 11, 2014 at 8:10 am Reason: added parking request
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
Anyone staying here recently? Thinking of booking for business but the renovations on their website has me worried I won't get much sleep

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.