Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
I have an upcoming stay and read the entire thread. I saw some common themes, and thought it would be useful to start a wiki. Please feel free to update or correct anything. I haven't stayed here, so the information is based on the contents of the thread:

- Diamond Suite Upgrades are NOT available at this property.
- Diamond members receive a complimentary full breakfast for up to 4 guests.
- The beds are very firm platform beds. I saw a few posts where a foam pad for the top of the bed was requested.
- Docked cruise ships that may obstruct the view from the Harbour view rooms.
- The hotel is 4 stories.

The concierge desk offers a weekly tour of the Rocks on Saturday.

Link that shows when cruise ships will be docked opposite the hotel:
https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/...ruise-schedule

Room Types and Floorplans:
https://www.scribd.com/document/3404...t-Sydney-Rooms

Expert Review posted in Luxury Forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-reviews/r-wonderful-park-hyatt-sydney-stay-and-city-harbor-view-with-a-few-caveats-1943
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:17 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You do know that they only sell package deals for 5-7 nights that include NYE?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 10:26 am

I am not staying at the PH Sydney I am just planning on eating there....
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just assumed they would only sell to guests..... Looks nice, and no queing for the fireworks.

Last edited by RTW1; Mar 10, 2014 at 12:00 pm
Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:01 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Thinking of spending new year here. Has anyone experienced the Service/Food at this hotel over NYE? I was looking at the meal in 'The Gallery'.

Regards,

Alex
It would be awesome but access to the area is chaos. I used to work at PH many years ago and left the property around 6PM. The Rocks was just crazy full of people everywhere.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by JetAway
With all due respect, this sounds more like a romance than a hotel review. You are absolutely correct that the high rates this hotel demands set high expectations. And that should include the F&B (restaurant) side of the house too. Simply being nice and friendly doesn't do the trick at nearly $1,000 a night.
Holy crap, when did prices go up that much? After the renovation? I stayed there before the renovation for 230 AUD/night.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 5:32 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by skunker
Holy crap, when did prices go up that much? After the renovation? I stayed there before the renovation for 230 AUD/night.
That, dear boy, is impossible now.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 6:53 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Sure you weren't parking your car only?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 7:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Just booked our two free nights (Hyatt Card reward) for September; this should be an awesome way to cap off our tour of Asia and Australia.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Thinking of spending new year here. Has anyone experienced the Service/Food at this hotel over NYE? I was looking at the meal in 'The Gallery'.

Regards,

Alex
See what was offered in 2013 on page 3. Nowhere does it say that only overnight guests are welcome.

http://www.sydney.park.hyatt.com/con...ers%202013.pdf
Old Mar 11, 2014, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
In other words you have no first hand experience and are speculating.

The majority of your stays based on your contributions here have been at the Hilton and IC and you had one stay at the PHS in the days before NYE and your only comment was that the breakfast was not up to your expectations.

Isn't it a bit far stretched to conclude from your breakfast experience that there is a permanent failure and the world is coming to an end?

I have already identified some poster to warm up old stories from times before the renovation and would hence not take FT posts for granted either. Going through this thread again I don't find a large number of complaints here. You might want to take Tripadvisor posts with a pinch of salt but the Park Hyatt Sydney has an overwhelming number of outstanding reviews there.

Maybe you should just stay at the Park Hyatt Sydney for a second time and let us know after that stay? It's always good to base judgement on experience and FT loves valuable contributions.
I have stayed at this property perhaps half a dozen times in the last year. What about you?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by everywhere
I have stayed at this property perhaps half a dozen times in the last year. What about you?
And all of your stays were a complete disaster? Credibility of that = zero.

PHS is amazingly good with returning customers and I cannot find any negative comment from you but one on FT (and you love beating up the property so much...).

I spent 14 nights in 5 stays there in the past 12 months. Do I think they have delivered on their promise on all of the stays? Definitely yes.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
And all of your stays were a complete disaster? Credibility of that = zero.

PHS is amazingly good with returning customers and I cannot find any negative comment from you but one on FT (and you love beating up the property so much...).

I spent 14 nights in 5 stays there in the past 12 months. Do I think they have delivered on their promise on all of the stays? Definitely yes.
Please do not put words in my mouth, it does you no credit. I never said any of my stays were a "disaster", let alone a "complete disaster". After all, I wasn't staying at this property when its staff managed to mix chlorine with acid, leading to six people being taken to hospital and nearly 100 evacuated one morning earlier this year.

I would not agree that this property is "amazingly good" with returning customers, but I have noticed that they take a different approach to repeat guests. I suspect they do not have many.

I'm glad all of your stays at this property have been satisfactory, but is it too much to ask that you focus on the matter at hand rather than attacking me personally?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:57 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok knock off the bickering, each stay has its own unique set of circumstances and the reviewers perception is exactly that, a perception. While the perception may not agree with yours, that doesn't make it any less valid. Sometimes one factor, either positive or negative, can sway the perception of the property to the reviewer. Future readers will have to weigh the pros and cons for themselves. There isn't such a thing as an absolute failure or absolute perfection to everyone anyways.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Mar 11, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Sure you weren't parking your car only?
Nope, still have the email. It was a while ago though. Used a diamond suite upgrade (back when you could) as well.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 4:49 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Nope, still have the email. It was a while ago though. Used a diamond suite upgrade (back when you could)
I always believed you Sir Skunker just kidding with you
Stayed there for less then that back around the late 90s
Have fond memories of suite upgrades as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.