Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
My wife and I stayed here last month for four nights celebrating a special anniversary. There was no availability of regular rooms so I used 33k points/night for a King suite. I emailed the hotel a week before arriving - just a Platinum (Chase card).

They offered us free breakfast "first stay with us", and on check-in upgraded to an Executive Suite. That was nice, with the sitting area, desk and two full bathrooms. There was some kind of group/convention and the hotel was sold out.

Absolutely wonderful service all around, from the front desk to room service, and especially the staff at breakfast and the restaurant. Fabulous!
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:50 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by romsdeals3
What kind of suite did I have, I can't find it on the website.
From what I can figure out, its a Park Executive Suite - two separate rooms and 1.5 baths.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
They had the same type suite we had and it was two adjoining rooms, one of which had been turned into a sitting room. It had two identical FULL baths. I think they have various layouts for the Executive Suites.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
They had the same type suite we had and it was two adjoining rooms, one of which had been turned into a sitting room. It had two identical FULL baths. I think they have various layouts for the Executive Suites.
They must have different layouts then. We just stayed in an Executive Suite the week before Christmas and we had a full bath plus a powder room (x33). The suite also had a small balcony with a wonderful view of Place Vendôme and was facing rue de la Paix.

By the way, they are adding 3 Ambassador suites (per a note in our room apologizing for possible construction noise), so clearly they must have strong demand for their premium suites.

We like the hotel and clearly they provide great service and take good care of Diamonds, but it seems almost every time we stay there we encounter small service issues that you might not expect in a hotel of this caliber (from messed up restaurant orders to maid service etc.) Might just have been bad luck and if you are on a point redemption it is hard to complain anyway, as it obviously is quite the bargain.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by sensei
They must have different layouts then. We just stayed in an Executive Suite the week before Christmas and we had a full bath plus a powder room (x33). The suite also had a small balcony with a wonderful view of Place Vendôme and was facing rue de la Paix.

By the way, they are adding 3 Ambassador suites (per a note in our room apologizing for possible construction noise), so clearly they must have strong demand for their premium suites.

We like the hotel and clearly they provide great service and take good care of Diamonds, but it seems almost every time we stay there we encounter small service issues that you might not expect in a hotel of this caliber (from messed up restaurant orders to maid service etc.) Might just have been bad luck and if you are on a point redemption it is hard to complain anyway, as it obviously is quite the bargain.
The service at PHV in a "bad" day is better than 90% of other hotels ! I agree with you when there on points, its hard to complain unless it is something serious and in the years we have been going there we have always been happy. Whats not to like with the Diamond breakfast !! While it's free it does play somewhat in my hotel selection evert year making sure I make Diamond status!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:13 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
In the middle of another excellent 2 night award stay, with my sister this time instead of by myself most times.

Was given a complementary Upgraded to a deluxe King and we requested early checkin so they switched up to another room on 4th floor when we arrived around 12:30 pm since the original room on 5th floor was not ready yet. Was an exra bed in the new room but they quickly came and removed it.

Plat amenity was a box of waffle cookies which disappeared very quickly.

The spa was under renovation and closed and will be so until end of Jan. A shame since I was looking foward to the use of the spa to ease sore muscles from all that walking.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:14 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Has anyone checked in first thing in the morning, asked their room number, checked bags, and walked into the dining room for breakfast - and to while away the time -comped for a Diamond? Is this naive to ask because it's the stupidest thing ever conceived on this board - or is it naive to ask because "everyone does it"? If my room's not ready, and I prefer to wait for the one they blocked for me, weather permitting, I usually walk down to the Tuileries where I breathe deeply and begin to really arrive. I might get a coffee over on rue Danielle Casanova. But this just occurred to me.

Last edited by Firewind; Jan 8, 2013 at 5:23 am
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

You probably do know that check-in is normally some time after breakfast is stopped being served....

Maximizing benefits is one thing, but freeloading like this is quite another. But you can always try to check-in (way too) early. They can only say no, or charge you for the breakfast.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
If arriving early I've always expected all the hotels I've stayed at to give me a room if it is available, even if it is 6 in the morning, and if no room is available, then let me have one as soon as one becomes available. I appreciate it if they let me know if the have a nice upgrade that would require a longer wait.

But I've read a number of reports of early check-in often not being available at PHV, since it is usually quite full. There is nothing the hotel can do if they are full, and with so many Diamonds checking out at 4 pm and Plats at 2 pm, I'm sure it is getting hard to even have a lot of rooms available at the designated check-in time.

If there's a lounge I have no qualms about going in for coffee while waiting to check-in, but I would be very sheepish about trying to get breakfast, especially when it is a restaurant breakfast in lieu of a lounge.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:04 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
If there's a lounge I have no qualms about going in for coffee while waiting to check-in, but I would be very sheepish about trying to get breakfast, especially when it is a restaurant breakfast in lieu of a lounge.
I would agree with this, since technically, you're not a registered guest yet but even if you were, breakfast is usually for guests who stayed the previous night. I really wouldn't want to ask for the free breakfast upon arrival especially if it was a restaurant and not a club lounge. In oct at the Churchill London, we arrived pretty early and was immediately checked into our room, we did go to the RC for pastries juice and tea - but probably wouldn't do it if it was a restaurant breakfast.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:25 am

I consider to stay here on points... are there any benefits which i can expect as platinum ?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
If arriving early I've always expected all the hotels I've stayed at to give me a room if it is available, even if it is 6 in the morning, and if no room is available, then let me have one as soon as one becomes available. I appreciate it if they let me know if the have a nice upgrade that would require a longer wait.

But I've read a number of reports of early check-in often not being available at PHV, since it is usually quite full. There is nothing the hotel can do if they are full, and with so many Diamonds checking out at 4 pm and Plats at 2 pm, I'm sure it is getting hard to even have a lot of rooms available at the designated check-in time.

there is no lounge, depending on your status/rate you might be able to get breakfast. the front desk staff is pretty good.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 4:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I'm not thoroughly enjoying my stay here at present.

My room service breakfast was delivered 25 minutes early and I found the pancakes bland and boring. The blind in the room allow a lot of outside light in, even when closed. I'm not sure why there are lounge/sofa cushions for bed pillows (perhaps that's a French thing). The iron is terrible. Even when completely 'hot' I could touch the surface without issue. It did not iron my shirt so I'll request a better one next time I'm ironing. And the spa is closed for refurbishment. That in itself is fine with me as I don't use the spa but along with it the steam room, whirlpool and sauna are also closed. This was only communicated at check-in, not prior. It seems strange to me that you'd refurb the 'warming' amenities in the winter.

Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful property with a great ambience and great staff, but I'm finding it a little lacklustre at the moment.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 5:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
You probably should have told them that you were not ready for breakfast and to come back in 25 minutes, although in my own case I inevitably only think of such things in hindsight

No bed pillows? That sounds a bit strange.

Don't know specifically about the PHV, but for many hotels mid January is an off season and a good time to do renovations. It would certainly be nice if a hotel of this class could notify guests by email ahead of time of renovations. I can't even find any mention of it on their website.

Hope your stay gets better.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by danger
I'm not thoroughly enjoying my stay here at present.

My room service breakfast was delivered 25 minutes early and I found the pancakes bland and boring. The blind in the room allow a lot of outside light in, even when closed. I'm not sure why there are lounge/sofa cushions for bed pillows (perhaps that's a French thing). The iron is terrible. Even when completely 'hot' I could touch the surface without issue. It did not iron my shirt so I'll request a better one next time I'm ironing. And the spa is closed for refurbishment. That in itself is fine with me as I don't use the spa but along with it the steam room, whirlpool and sauna are also closed. This was only communicated at check-in, not prior. It seems strange to me that you'd refurb the 'warming' amenities in the winter.

Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful property with a great ambience and great staff, but I'm finding it a little lacklustre at the moment.

My apologies. It seems my BlackBerry has lost time (perhaps because I haven't had it connected to a network). How much time? Twenty-five minutes! So, in fact, my room service was delivered . . . on time.

As for the spa refurb, here is a photo of the sign outside the spa: http://i.imgur.com/IqKwh.jpg

And here is a photo of the pillows/cushions: http://i.imgur.com/dpUV0.jpg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.