Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
The AF arrivals lounge is landside.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Thanks so much for the help!

Going to hit the Arrival's Lounge, meet my friend and then take the Roissy Bus to the Hyatt Vendome which is apparently close to where the bus lets off...
Old Sep 27, 2012, 2:27 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
Thanks so much for the help!

Going to hit the Arrival's Lounge, meet my friend and then take the Roissy Bus to the Hyatt Vendome which is apparently close to where the bus lets off...
If your friend's flight arrives late or it takes time to get through immigration/customs/baggage claim, then have a plan for when the lounge closes (which is 2 p.m. IIRC but used to be earlier).
Old Sep 30, 2012, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I've booked my parents at the PH for their anniversary. Currently, they're booked into a suite (w/ my points). Does the hotel do anything special for wedding anniversaries, or would anybody have an email address of somebody I can contact to advise them of the occasion?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I've booked my parents at the PH for their anniversary. Currently, they're booked into a suite (w/ my points). Does the hotel do anything special for wedding anniversaries, or would anybody have an email address of somebody I can contact to advise them of the occasion?
Ill pm u the Guest relations managers email, she was very helpful to me.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by HumbleBee
Ill pm u the Guest relations managers email, she was very helpful to me.
Thanks ^
Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Thanks ^
they seem to go out of their way and with your status even more, I can not think of many other hotels that I would rather be at!
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:26 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
I had many wonderful stays here on FFN and points since 2003 or 2004 while I was Hyatt Diamond and had always been given the full diamond amenities of breakfast, internet, welcome amenity, etc.

Now that I am only a lowly plat reserving on points, what are my chances of getting breakfast and/or internet? Seen mixed feedback about other plats.

I had originally reserved the passport escape for 5 nights but need to drop the number of nights to 3 due to work and my friend might not make it... Might have to pay for dinner at PUR myself.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:43 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
See my post - email Florence and she'll get you in touch with the right person. They seem to do right by their customers based on my experience a few weeks ago! BTW - that is a very nice gift to your parents ^
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Originally Posted by Snoopyo
I had many wonderful stays here on FFN and points since 2003 or 2004 while I was Hyatt Diamond and had always been given the full diamond amenities of breakfast, internet, welcome amenity, etc.

Now that I am only a lowly plat reserving on points, what are my chances of getting breakfast and/or internet? Seen mixed feedback about other plats.

I had originally reserved the passport escape for 5 nights but need to drop the number of nights to 3 due to work and my friend might not make it... Might have to pay for dinner at PUR myself.
I called about the dinner meal which is included for the PHV Passport Escape and was told that the dinner was offered in the lounge or on the terrace, not PUR. Was I given incorrect information?

Also, does anyone know if the Diplomat Suite is one king and a bedroom with two twin beds or another king or queen bed?

Last edited by Goodmorning2U; Oct 1, 2012 at 8:58 am
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:25 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Diplmoatic Suite has one bedroom that is a king-bedded bedroom and one bedroom that has two twin beds. This is not a standard suite at this property.

An actual suite or a "junior suite" that is more or less an oversized guest room with a sofa in it? Expectations need to be set properly. The "Park Suites" are not suites with a bedroom separated by a wall from living room -- they are just oversized rooms with a sofa in it where the bed is entirely visible from the sofa.

Last edited by GUWonder; Oct 1, 2012 at 11:34 am
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond (challenge), SPG Gold, all else steerage
Just booked our first award stay at PH Vendome for next June. Four of us (Mom & Dad, 2 kids) in 2 rooms for 4 nights. Only standard room were Queens but hoping for adjoining Queen/Twin upon check-in. Is it worth emailing the hotel about this now or should I sti tight and email closer to our arrival? Oh, and REALLY hoping this lowly Plat gets breakfast, it would make our first family Paris stay that much more enjoyable. But if we don't, our stay at the Vendome should be a memorable one!
Old Oct 1, 2012, 9:18 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by alamedadan
Just booked our first award stay at PH Vendome for next June. Four of us (Mom & Dad, 2 kids) in 2 rooms for 4 nights. Only standard room were Queens but hoping for adjoining Queen/Twin upon check-in. Is it worth emailing the hotel about this now or should I sti tight and email closer to our arrival? Oh, and REALLY hoping this lowly Plat gets breakfast, it would make our first family Paris stay that much more enjoyable. But if we don't, our stay at the Vendome should be a memorable one!
I would wait until you get closer, much closer. As for breakfast that too I would wait and see what your status is then and be nice and friendly when you check in! One never knows.

And last but not least ALL rooms here are great ! We go back every year.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 1:38 pm

yeah the dinner is offered in the lounge area for the passport escape but considering paying for dinner at PUR when I downgrade it to 3 regular nights.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 3:18 pm

When I called back GP customer service regarding something .. Long story but had to do with my 10 year old GP number got changed due to some issues they had and the number may have been compromised.

I was told that the passport escape is ending? That it might have ended on Sept 26, 2012 but they will honor ones already booked. I still see it on the awards page though?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.