Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2024, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by 168
“An “eligible rate” is any room rate for a participating hotel, resort, or other property that is published by Hyatt (including rates found on hyatt.com without the application of a discount code, and Hyatt’s “Standard Rate,” “Volume Account Rates,” “Senior Citizen Rate,” and the monetary portion of any Points + Cash award), or, for Miraval properties, published by Miraval, respectively.Eligible rates exclude free night awards, complimentary nights awarded in connection with Miraval’s Authentic Circle Program, rooms booked on third-party online retailers, traditional wholesale rates (e.g., GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, Tourico, and Hotelbeds), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, media rates, Club at the Hyatt discount stays, Hyatt employee or employee family or friends-and-family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers, or contracted rooms.

For complete details, please see the World of Hyatt program terms.”
Thanks for information, that is helpful to know.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Have a 4 nt resi at this resort in Feb, emailed the property as I have a 1K base room on points that I need changed to a 2Q. Asked for the cost to upgrade.
Response I got was they dont offer upgrades this far in advance and to check on this at check in?
Strange....? Normal to not offer any paid options? Not sure why they would not want my $$.
Unfortunately I cant stick with that 1K and if I have to roll the dice on a 2Q at check in, may have to cancel.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Is a 2Q base room available on points? If so, call WoH to switch the booking. If not, perhaps call the property and ask for the front office manager or in-house reservations team to see if they can switch you to a higher category 2Q room per your original request.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by dkc192
Is a 2Q base room available on points? If so, call WoH to switch the booking. If not, perhaps call the property and ask for the front office manager or in-house reservations team to see if they can switch you to a higher category 2Q room per your original request.
No the 2Q wasnt available on the dates I wanted, so I booked the 1K and thought I'd just buy an upgrade to a better 2Q. After two interactions with the hotel itself, it seems they do not offer pre-stay paid upgrade options and you just have to hope there is availability when you check in. I stay in Hilton brands mainly and they always offer pre-stay buy ups. Is this a Hyatt thing or something?

Ill keep on looking for the base 2Q room daily, but if it doesnt become available I'll probably have to cancel and look somewhere else.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 11:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, Frontier 100K
Question about number of guests

Hey! Have a question about an upcoming stay. Noticing huge price discrepancies when listing 4 guests vs 1 guests (even as Globalist). Will there be an issues at check in if I arrive with 4 guests when only 1 guest is listed? Never really had issues with this before at any hotel, but wanted to make sure here.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 9:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by birdmcfly
Hey! Have a question about an upcoming stay. Noticing huge price discrepancies when listing 4 guests vs 1 guests (even as Globalist). Will there be an issues at check in if I arrive with 4 guests when only 1 guest is listed? Never really had issues with this before at any hotel, but wanted to make sure here.
Not sure what the official capacity is but just go up with 2 and grab 2 keys while the rest hang out somewhere while you checkin. It’s usually only a problem at international hotels where they register everyone and take passports.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 8:51 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Looking at booking three rooms in April for 5 or 6 nights. Looking to book Oceanview rooms. What's the likelihood historically of upgrades to Oceanfront (No suites available on the dates of our stay). I'm Globalist and will use GOH for the other two rooms. Thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2024, 9:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Jed33d
What's the likelihood historically of upgrades to Oceanfront
I've never missed.

Always book base room.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:36 am

Stayed for 3 days as a Globalist. Booked the cheapest room, city view. Got upgraded to an Ocean View in the Ewa tower, not the diamond head side. It was the 37th floor out of 40. Hotel is a bit old but I think many of the hotels on Waikiki are. Lounge food was half decent, it wasn't Asia good but for US standards, it was excellent. Beats Grand Hyatt SD is where I had another lounge experience in the US. Breakfast and evening bites was okay. I probably won't stay here again but it wasn't bad for being on Waikiki if that's your thing.
Old Jan 24, 2024, 10:37 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've never missed.
Always book base room.
Same. As a Globalist, I don't think twice about it.

It's a huge hotel, lots of package tour guests filling the place. They allocate the best rooms to their frequent guests and Globalists.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 9:03 am

I've never missed.

Always book base room.
As globalist I’m at 30% for this property. Many times got no upgrade at all due to hotel being full. Going during high season or big events is risky. Less days you are there the better upgrade chances are. 2-3 days seem to get upgrades easily but 5-7 almost never for me.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by olouie
As globalist I’m at 30% for this property. Many times got no upgrade at all due to hotel being full. Going during high season or big events is risky. Less days you are there the better upgrade chances are. 2-3 days seem to get upgrades easily but 5-7 almost never for me.
That's a good point. My stays have never been more than two nights. These days they're single award nights, typically the last day of a stay. I find this property significantly inferior to the Marriott options, but the value proposition on points (especially with free parking) is excellent.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 10:16 am

That's a good point. My stays have never been more than two nights. These days they're single award nights, typically the last day of a stay. I find this property significantly inferior to the Marriott options, but the value proposition on points (especially with free parking) is excellent.
2 nights I think I’ve always gotten at least ocean view upgrade. Few times ocean front but I prefer ocean view some months because there can be much more shade instead of direct sun. The points value with parking is the top reason to stay here. If you are doing longer than 5 nights month parking at nearby lots can actually be cheaper without that free parking benefit.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 10:36 am

Got a 4 night stay coming up in Feb and had a guy on here very kindly offer me a Club access award for the stay, that he wasnt going to use. Does the front desk simply just code our room key to be able to get into the Club area at check in? Or will I get assigned a better room due to this Club upgrade?

Normally a Hilton guy so not in the know. BTW staying on all points.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Got a 4 night stay coming up in Feb and had a guy on here very kindly offer me a Club access award for the stay, that he wasnt going to use. Does the front desk simply just code our room key to be able to get into the Club area at check in? Or will I get assigned a better room due to this Club upgrade?
At this property it'll just be coding the room for access. The club itself is on the pool level so there isn't necessarily a block of rooms that are more convenient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.