Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2023, 11:03 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
If I book a room here and apply a suite upgrade I will get booked into the family suite. It's basically a connecting room with a murphy bed, couch, and bathroom.

Question: Can I have my 2 adult children stay in the suite at no extra charge while my wife and i occupy the main room?

I'm globalist so I'm pretty sure I can't bring them into the Regency Club but curious if there is an added fee to have them stay in the extra room provided by the suite upgrade award.
Cash rate or points? For 4, I use 20K points, apply suite upgrade to a family suite and then all 4 of us will get club access. The other way would be booking a cash rate for 4 which often are more expensive than buying points at a discount. My next stay is showing $353++ for 2 or $552++ for 4 in the cheapest Waikiki view room per night. 20K at $0.02 is $400 all in. The hardest part is to find a family suite that is available if you don't plan ahead.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by boneofthet
Hi everyone, I just rebooked my stay via Costco Travel which offers a much better rate. I understand that I won't be getting any Hyatt points or elite benefits since I booked through a third-party. But will I be able to apply my club access awards on this stay?
Did you book a package or just the room on Costco travel? If just the room, it should be eligible for points and EQN. But you probably can't use a CAA on it.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Clemson
Did you book a package or just the room on Costco travel? If just the room, it should be eligible for points and EQN. But you probably can't use a CAA on it.
I booked a package (room plus car). I could re-book them separately and will probably pay around $100 more in total. But I've heard mixed reviews about this, I understand Costco specifically states that customers can earn Hyatt points when book the room only option, but there still seem to be some people reporting that they weren't able to get the pionts.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by boneofthet
I booked a package (room plus car). I could re-book them separately and will probably pay around $100 more in total. But I've heard mixed reviews about this, I understand Costco specifically states that customers can earn Hyatt points when book the room only option, but there still seem to be some people reporting that they weren't able to get the pionts.
Costco does specifically state you can get points for a room-only option on their website. However, not sure that if your room includes perks like breakfast or something else if that would be considered not to be "room-only". I've only booked via Costco once and got credit for that stay. For me, at least, it's rare that the costco rate is cheaper than publicly available rates and promo codes via Hyatt.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Clemson
Costco does specifically state you can get points for a room-only option on their website. However, not sure that if your room includes perks like breakfast or something else if that would be considered not to be "room-only". I've only booked via Costco once and got credit for that stay. For me, at least, it's rare that the costco rate is cheaper than publicly available rates and promo codes via Hyatt.
That's a good point, the room I booked includes waived resort fee plus a $100 credit. You'd be surprised by how good the Costco deals could be sometimes. For my 9-night stay, the rate at Costco is $900 cheaper, and if you factor in that $100 credit, that's a 1k saving so it's hard to say no.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by 168
unlikely…3rd party bookings are usually non-eligible rates.

Club Lounge Access Awards are valid on nights for which the Member has paid an Eligible Rate or has redeemed points for a standard-room Free Night Award, Suite Free Night Award, or a Points + Cash Award, up to a maximum of seven (7) consecutive nights.”
Is an eligible rate generally defined as anything that gets you EQN, IOW, anything offered on the Hyatt website?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by HIFlya
Is an eligible rate generally defined as anything that gets you EQN, IOW, anything offered on the Hyatt website?
“An “eligible rate” is any room rate for a participating hotel, resort, or other property that is published by Hyatt (including rates found on hyatt.com without the application of a discount code, and Hyatt’s “Standard Rate,” “Volume Account Rates,” “Senior Citizen Rate,” and the monetary portion of any Points + Cash award), or, for Miraval properties, published by Miraval, respectively.Eligible rates exclude free night awards, complimentary nights awarded in connection with Miraval’s Authentic Circle Program, rooms booked on third-party online retailers, traditional wholesale rates (e.g., GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, Tourico, and Hotelbeds), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, media rates, Club at the Hyatt discount stays, Hyatt employee or employee family or friends-and-family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers, or contracted rooms.

For complete details, please see the World of Hyatt program terms.”
Old Jan 5, 2024, 1:38 pm

Has anyone stayed here recently on a cash booking and got their parking (either self or valet) waived? To note: I do have Globalist.

I stayed at this property during COVID and during that time it was self parking only (no valet) and they waived the parking fees for the entire stay (~5 days) despite it being a cash stay. I wanted to see if there were any data points for free parking for globalist on cash stays after COVID, as this would change my decision to book with cash or points.

Much appreciated!
Old Jan 5, 2024, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by oyyo
Has anyone stayed here recently on a cash booking and got their parking (either self or valet) waived? To note: I do have Globalist.
They did not waive the parking charges (self-park) for my few stays over the past 2-3 years, although last stay was almost a year ago.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 12:51 am

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Originally Posted by oyyo

I stayed at this property during COVID and during that time it was self parking only (no valet) and they waived the parking fees for the entire stay (~5 days) despite it being a cash stay. I wanted to see if there were any data points for free parking for globalist on cash stays after COVID, as this would change my decision to book with cash or points.

Much appreciated!
I was here about a week ago - resort fee is waived for Globalist - parking is not.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 5:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
On my most recent cash stay, the front desk agent proactively waived the self-parking charges without me even asking. I suspect it might've been a new or otherwise untrained agent, because on the past few cash stays I was (correctly) charged, but I certainly wasn't complaining this time.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 9:18 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, HH Diamond,Hyatt Diamond
Suite comparison advise

I’m currently booked 4 nights in ocean front Penthouse Suite with an additional connecting room with two beds for family.
Is the executive suite with two bedrooms a nicer suite overall ( living area , master bathroom)?

Last edited by martinplas; Jan 6, 2024 at 4:43 pm Reason: More data
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:31 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
Late checkouts not guaranteed for elite members?

The front desk staff did not ask about a late checkout when we arrived. I had assumed we would get the usual 2PM time as an Explorist, but the front desk told me that they don't honor late checkouts unless they happen to be available. Between this and the $49 resort fee I can't say I recommend the hotel.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 4:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Rom Sac
The front desk staff did not ask about a late checkout when we arrived. I had assumed we would get the usual 2PM time as an Explorist, but the front desk told me that they don't honor late checkouts unless they happen to be available. Between this and the $49 resort fee I can't say I recommend the hotel.
It's a resort. Guaranteed late check-out is not a benefit.

If you're rejecting any Waikiki hotel that (a) doesn't guarantee late check-out, or (b) charges a resort fee, you're not going to be left with many options.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 7:30 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by Rom Sac
They've offered me key card to access hotel facilities until 4pm (lounge gym etc) when late checkout was not available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.