Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
We enjoyed and liked our renovated room last weekend.^^^
Old Jan 20, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
We enjoyed and liked our renovated room last weekend.^^^
+1. I rather liked the paint scheme.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 4:12 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
I'm staying here February 12-15. So excited! I booked ocean front king. Which tower is preferrable? Also, I'm Diamond (first year!)...will I get club access or is there a dedicated club floor(s)? I tried using DSU but none available - was disappointed. Looks like one has to call months in advance.

ERQ
Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I prefer the Diamond Head Tower, but it's currrently under construction and many floors are out of service. It is likely they will put you in the Ewa Tower.

The club is on the 3rd floor of the Diamond Head Tower. There are no longer dedicated club floors, though the upper floors still require keyed access - unless that has recently changed.

That's why you can't get a DSU - the available number is reduced because of the construction.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:01 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Actually they have the gadget that requires room key to access the top floors in all the elevators, but they are currently not activated.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Well, it's been nearly a years since I was there, and at the time I did need the key.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by ERQTraveler
I'm staying here February 12-15. So excited! I booked ocean front king. Which tower is preferrable? Also, I'm Diamond (first year!)...will I get club access or is there a dedicated club floor(s)? I tried using DSU but none available - was disappointed. Looks like one has to call months in advance.

ERQ
As a Diamond, you will get Club access, waived resort fee, and discounts for various on-site establishments (Swim & Shore restaurants, spa treatments, etc.) Plus, you'll get some surprises on your pillow at turn-down.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mmgm
Actually they have the gadget that requires room key to access the top floors in all the elevators, but they are currently not activated.
During my short stay last week, the card readers appeared to be active in the Ewa tower.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Thanks for all of the replies. Why is Diamond tower preferred over Ewa tower? Are they not the same?

ERQ
Old Jan 22, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I think the Diamond Tower gets less noise from the street.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:31 am

Hi! Short-term lurker, first post.

Has anyone stayed in the renovated base suite with the two connecting standard rooms recently? Any opinions on whether the renovation has improved the feel of the suite? Deciding on whether to use a DSU on an upcoming stay, first time back since the renovation. Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jxwo

Has anyone stayed in the renovated base suite with the two connecting standard rooms recently? Any opinions on whether the renovation has improved the feel of the suite? Deciding on whether to use a DSU on an upcoming stay, first time back since the renovation. Thanks!
If you can use it for the time of your stay, then use it now! These suites are difficult to obtain, and the DSU can always be cancelled and reused any time until the end of February.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 4:52 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Yes. We both felt this combo was more than adequate even possibly preferred over a nicer suite upgrade. The amount of new surface space, drawers and sofa in parlor murphy room side made it much much more comfortable.

Originally Posted by jxwo

Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Yes. We both felt this combo was more than adequate even possibly preferred over a nicer suite upgrade. The amount of new surface space, drawers and sofa in parlor murphy room side made it much much more comfortable.
Although we were upgraded to a Penthouse suite for our final night, it had only one bed, and they had no extra beds to provide us, so I didn't get much sleep that night.

I was fine with catching a few winks on a lanai chair, but the scenario you describe sounds much better for a family staying a few nights.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:19 pm

Agreed. The murphy bed and guess sofa could fit two small kids. The full bathroom set up is a big plus. The best part was the doors to not slam like they used to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.