Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Possibilities(2) - 5k Bonus for 3 nights (30k Max) - 9/15-11/15/2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibilities(2) - 5k Bonus for 3 nights (30k Max) - 9/15-11/15/2011

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2011, 5:56 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Is there a constant lag between stay crediting and bonus posting?

My first 3 nighter saw the 5k bonus post at the same time as the stay credit. However, this time I have another 3 night stay credit posting but no 5k.

Should I wait or query? Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:03 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Is there a constant lag between stay crediting and bonus posting?

My first 3 nighter saw the 5k bonus post at the same time as the stay credit. However, this time I have another 3 night stay credit posting but no 5k.

Should I wait or query? Thanks!
This type of promos post with "sweeps" of the accounts which I believe occurs at least daily. Your first case, you may have checked your account after the sweep has occurred while this time the sweep may not have run yet. Give it a few days, then if it doesn't post, ask. Oh and you may want to check the account detail to make sure that your night / stay credit is correct - sometimes it can be incorrect (with the number of "eligible" nights) which obviously can cause the bonus not posting with the sweeps.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
What... no speculation/concerns about what happens after 11/15 when we go promotionless? No follow-ons planned? Need to know so I can cancel my post 11/15 Hyatt reservations (already got my Hilton res's booked...)
Old Nov 5, 2011, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by dmodemd
What... no speculation/concerns about what happens after 11/15 when we go promotionless? No follow-ons planned? Need to know so I can cancel my post 11/15 Hyatt reservations (already got my Hilton res's booked...)
I am hoping for a double stay promo. At least for a month... Nov 15 - Dec 15.

That would force me to switch at least four Marriott stays in December to Hyatt so I can retain Diamond (marriott has the megabonus stay 2x get 1 night free)
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by bmw303
I am hoping for a double stay promo. At least for a month... Nov 15 - Dec 15.

That would force me to switch at least four Marriott stays in December to Hyatt so I can retain Diamond (marriott has the megabonus stay 2x get 1 night free)
Unless Hyatt is "way behind" in Diamond qual / requal for next year, I think that a 2x stay bonus is very unlikely (perhaps even more unlikely than a FFN promo). More likely, after they've had a chance to analyze the numbers after 1/1, they could run a 2x stay bonus or some sort of a "fast track" requal possibly for those who didn't requal the "regular" way in 2011.

Note this is pure speculation on my part and I do not have any "inside" information regarding this.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
Originally Posted by peteropny
Unless Hyatt is "way behind" in Diamond qual / requal for next year, I think that a 2x stay bonus is very unlikely (perhaps even more unlikely than a FFN promo). More likely, after they've had a chance to analyze the numbers after 1/1, they could run a 2x stay bonus or some sort of a "fast track" requal possibly for those who didn't requal the "regular" way in 2011.

Note this is pure speculation on my part and I do not have any "inside" information regarding this.
So are you saying that it's your guess that there will be NO promotion for the remainder of 2011?
Old Nov 5, 2011, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by seaduck79
So are you saying that it's your guess that there will be NO promotion for the remainder of 2011?
I'm not saying that - but I'd be very surprised if there's a 2x stay credit component.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Marriott, Delta, Alaska
Originally Posted by peteropny
I'm not saying that - but I'd be very surprised if there's a 2x stay credit component.
OK. I hope there is something, because it DOES factor into where I stay, and I DO put those points to good (for me) use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.