Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Possibilities(2) - 5k Bonus for 3 nights (30k Max) - 9/15-11/15/2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibilities(2) - 5k Bonus for 3 nights (30k Max) - 9/15-11/15/2011

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
While not perfect, at least we get something. However, I'd really like to see our Gx Bonuses return.

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
And sadly after about 11 nights in August/early September, don't think I'll have many in Q4. Still, loving the treatment that this diamond is getting in the hotels...
+1

I've got six nights for the first week of September..
Old Aug 25, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K,Hyatt Diamond,AA Lifetime Platinum,SPG
Totally agree that the possibility Hyatt will announce the FFN together with this "promo" will be less than 0.

Originally Posted by antonius66
If Hyatt did this, they would obliterate all the complaints and gripes that people have had this year. Any complaint after that would be baseless garbage, as that would be a rocking promo and would crush its rivals.

Sadly, I think the chances of such a thing, based on recent short-medium term Hyatt action is less than 0.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 4MM, Hyatt CC, Marriott PP/LT Plat, AA ExPlat, Amex Centurion
Thanks for the post GP Concierge. Should be able to max out on the bonus given the fall travel schedule. But while the bonus points are greatly appreciated, it is the service level I get from Hyatt that keeps me coming back.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:33 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Originally Posted by jambajuice
I agree with you that they should have at least one FFN every year while it should for all Hyatt members, not just credit card holders.
Obviously, they are not doing that anymore. There are a couple advantages to limit FFN to creditcard holders. 1. Smaller group - less cost of free nights 2. Big incentives for people to sign up for and retain the card.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
I would not necessarily think this Hyatt offer should preclude a FFN offer. Announcing a FFN offer later and having this promo running simultaneously would be excellent. If this turns out to be the only Hyatt offer, then it will be disappointing.
In your dreams! There will not be overlapping FFN.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Not motivating me to move any stays to Hyatt. Boring.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K,Hyatt Diamond,AA Lifetime Platinum,SPG
"In your dreams!" You are too direct

Originally Posted by thesilb
In your dreams! There will not be overlapping FFN.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Well, one could say this is a "SFN" promotion:

Stay 15 nights, get a free night at any Hyatt! (Maximum of 1 free night at any Cat 5 or 6 property).

Maybe Hyatt will hire me for that new reverse marketing position!
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:54 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
This is beginning to feel like Hyatt is remaking the movie Groundhog Day, except it isn't nearly as funny - not that the original was even all that humorous.

Fall 2010 Promo: Great 10K- earn 10,000 bonus points after every 5 nights.

Spring 2011 Promo: Possibilities- earn 10,000 bonus points after 5 nights then additional 5000 after every succeeding 2 nights.

Fall 2011: Possibilities Part Deux - earn 5000 bonus points after every 3 nights.

And they say they're excited to announce this? Really? 3 straight promos that are basically the same thing rehashed and renamed? Wow. I actually feel sorry for the poor guys that are handed the press releases to come post here on FT.

Last edited by Windward Side of Life; Aug 25, 2011 at 5:02 pm
Old Aug 25, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
About as exciting as Marriotts "Mega"(HAH!)bonus but Marriotts limited service properties being cheaper than Hyatt Place thus points easier(cheaper) to obtain.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:08 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by jimmychang
Obviously, they are not doing that anymore. There are a couple advantages to limit FFN to creditcard holders. 1. Smaller group - less cost of free nights 2. Big incentives for people to sign up for and retain the card.
This would pose a major problem and drawback for Hyatt's international customers whom do not have the credit card available to them. It would also upset those in the US, as some people wish to limit the number of cards which they carry. A better alternative would be to offer some type of bonus for Hyatt Visa card holders like 1000 or 2000 bonus points per stay or night.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have to admit - priceline seems more and more appealing...
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:21 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by azepine00
I have to admit - priceline seems more and more appealing...
Absolutely. With all the networks offering poor promos, my Q4 is going to be dictated by price and price alone
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Y'all are just mad because now you'll have to shell out 14 grand for your 2 weeks in the Maldives...
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
The sad thing is that I really have grown to like Hyatt Place over Hampton Inn. So I stay at them for work when the rate differential is reasonable.

I generally can't justify Hyatt Place, however, for personal travel over just bidding much less on 3.5* on Priceline without some kind of bonus promo that makes it worth my effort move closer to Diamond. The Southwest promo this summer was one of those - $319 in WN credits (which I've already spent) for 5 one-night stays. Sure, why not...

But this 5k/3 night promo? That's basically just a systemwide G2.

So... I just cancelled my Sunday night Hyatt Place leisure stay for $89+tax after getting a winning PL bid for a 3.5* Sheraton for $48+fee+tax. All in, I save $40 after taxes, to stay at a nicer property.

Loyalty has to be a two-way street.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.