Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Best Weather
http://www.holiday-weather.com/maldives/

High season/low season
High season: December to April
Staying for free
30,000 Hyatt points per night (Cat 7)
This is a “Suite Award Ineligible Property" and a free upgrade is unlikely unless you are a Globalist and the resort has low occupancy.

Paid Upgrades For October 2021
Pool Villa: $200++
Deluxe Pool Villa: $400++ (with direct view of beach, just 3 villas)
Water Villa: $500++
Ocean Pool Villa: $700++ (with small 6ft x 6ft plunge pool)
Two Bedroom Pool Villa: $1,000++

These rates fluctuate depending on high/low season.

Globalist Benefits
  • Complimentary upgrade to Park Pool Villa subject to availability.
  • Late checkout at 1600 hrs.subject to availability.
  • Breakfast: Order two main dishes off the menu along with water, juice and coffee. You also have access to the buffet which consists of breads, sweets, cheeses, cold cuts, cereals etc.
  • Sundowner- 1 free cocktail (from a limited cocktail menu) & canapes, daily between 5pm and 7pm (August 2016)
  • Complimentary Management cocktails on Saturdays from 06:30 pm to 07:30 pm
  • 15% off cocktails and wine (by the glass)
Excursion and Diving Costs
January 2022: See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33815708-post4161.html
Also see https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldives.com/ under 'Experiences' and 'Diving'

Tip: Pre-book diving activities online before arrival for 10% discount (May not be applicable anymore).
Tip: Boat 2-tank day will have to be on day following Orientation Dive (required by law for all divers. Typically done the first full day at 10am; a short in-water abilities test followed by a tank dive on the house reef.)

Spa Menu and Costs

Free Stuff
Snorkle gear for duration of your stay (masks, snorkel & fins)
Use of glass-bottomed kayaks
Back-of-the-house tour
Yoga several days a week

Dining Menu and Costs
Menus (click on specific restaurant, packages under "The Dining Room"): https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldi...t-in-maldives/
Breakfast (current as of Jan. 2022): for those who do not have status/do not have breakfast included in their rate, the options are a la carte items at ~$12-$20 apiece, and juices at ~$6-$8. Or you can order the buffet for $40, which includes two a-la-carte items, the buffet, and drinks.

Transfers and Costs
Domestic flights are operated by Maldivian Air and waiting times may vary from a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4 hours.
The shortest flight from Male Domestic terminal to Kooddoo Domestic Airport is ~55 minutes and the longest flight takes ~1 hour 45 minutes due to a ‘stop over’ in Kadhdhoo Domestic Airport.

A scenic and short speedboat journey of approximately 30-40 minutes (weather dependent) will follow as the final stretch of the journey to our island.
Any last minute name changes on domestic flight ticket are subject to a fee levied by the Maldivian Air. All such changes will be charged at the rate of USD 100 net per person.The exact flight timings are released two days before departure, but tend to be around these times:
  • Arrivals (Departure from MLE) : 10:30-11:00, 12:00, 13:40, 17:30hrs and last flight at 23:30
  • Departures (Departure from Kooddoo) : 0545hrs, 0800hrs, 1130hrs, 1530hrs and last departure at 1830hrs
Cost (Jan 2021): USD $520 round-trip/adult, $475/child, $175/infant - paid before you arrive via cc authorization form

Luggage restriction
Transfer prices include the baggage allowance of 32 kg per passenger (20 kg is the domestic airline allowance and 12 kg will be covered by The Resort as a courtesy service) and hand luggage of 5 kg per passenger. Excess baggage will be charged and is subject to space availability and terms and conditions of the Air Carrier.

Map of the resort
Best Villas
Water villas: Generally the higher number the better. #51 is the most private
How to save money during stay
Have late breakfast (breakfast is free for all guests except if you are redeeming points), skip lunch, and only pay for dinner
The Saturday free cocktail social (manager's reception) is at 6:30pm
Bring family?
This resort is not orientated for children. No kids club, pool is not suitable for young kids, and you will need to pay the transfers for each child, and plenty of PDA.
That said, some families have loved their experience here. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...hadahaa-review. If you bring children the Hyatt does provide sitting service for $20/hour.

Also note that the resort charges $250 per child age 3 and up per night (even if the child does not require an extra bed). Only kids 2 and under are free. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...a-bed-fee-ever
Wifi
As at January 2022, the resort's wifi speed is 10-12Mbps.
Tipping
The management views employees as each part of a team, with no one more important to the hotel's success. No one wants to order room service if the groundskeeper or housekeeper has not created an inviting place to enjoy it for instance. So employees share equally the 10% service charge added into everything, including the room charge. Tipping beyond that is not necessary, but at your discretion. Unlike the service charge which is shared with all employees on the entire property, if you choose to add additional gratuity to the bill for a meal or an activity, that money is shared amongst employees of the department responsible for that meal or service (e.g. additional gratuity on a dive center bill will be shared amongst those employees, while additional gratuity on a Dining Room bill will be shared amongst the food service employees). Employees are also allowed to keep cash tips that they receive directly. Employees are rewarded with trips and other gifts when their outstanding service is brought to management's attention. A great way to reward a good employee is by letter to management.
See this post which provides more details http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22508516-post1525.html
Ipad App
There is an Ipad in each room that has an app with a lot of useful / interesting information. If you have an Ipad, you can search & download the app for: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa. It doesn't work on an iPhone due to the page size. Some info may be out of date or missing, so check with the resort.
Property Email
Park Hyatt versus other Maldives resorts

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: UA 1K,Hyatt Diamond,AA Lifetime Platinum,SPG
That is exactly what people want to discuss here. Especially for the passport escape package, it includes breakfasts and dinners, then what is the difference between diamond and normal guests?

Originally Posted by antonius66
The regular rates all say they include breakfast. Is there some other Diamond benefit in its stead?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by jambajuice
That is exactly what people want to discuss here. Especially for the passport escape package, it includes breakfasts and dinners, then what is the difference between diamond and normal guests?
There is nothing anywhere in the terms & conditions that says that if breakfast is already provided the hotel has to come up with some other amenity to appease entitled feeling diamonds
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
There is nothing anywhere in the terms & conditions that says that if breakfast is already provided the hotel has to come up with some other amenity to appease entitled feeling diamonds
+1.

As long as your breakfast is complimentary, what difference does it make whether it is free for everyone or a Diamond benefit?
Old Oct 6, 2011, 12:28 pm

Wow...I say "Is there anything in its stead?"...and rabid, foaming Hyatt defenders rush to its aid as if we are impugning its honor. The question was never "If breakfast is included, WHERE IS MY EXTRA ADDITIONAL FREE THING TO COMPENSATE! I DEMAND IT!" Simply asked, it was just...is there something else as a replacement? Some properties have been known to give something extra in these cases.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 1:42 pm

not here to defend hyatt, but the question has been asked maybe three or four times... so kind of get this sense that the folks here think they are entitled to some other benefit because it happens to be provided as standard at this place
Old Oct 7, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
so kind of get this sense that the folks here think they are entitled to some other benefit
Ah, that's the whole purpose of a loyalty program, to treat your top customers (by any definition) differently/special!

So, yes, the question that has been asked a few times, is what does this property do, or if nothing then let's just see someone reply "nothing". If breakfast (a typical Diamond amenity) is not a Diamond amenity here (it's included), then maybe a "best room in same class", or an activity/excursion or F&B voucher, or such.

But your one post of your experience was helpful, showing that you received some nice gifts in your room and some special treatment on an activity/excursion... but I'll assume it left some wondering if that was because you have Diamond status (although that still doesn't point out that other Diamonds would receive any special Diamond treatment.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by canyonleo
Ah, that's the whole purpose of a loyalty program, to treat your top customers (by any definition) differently/special!

So, yes, the question that has been asked a few times, is what does this property do, or if nothing then let's just see someone reply "nothing". If breakfast (a typical Diamond amenity) is not a Diamond amenity here (it's included), then maybe a "best room in same class", or an activity/excursion or F&B voucher, or such.

But your one post of your experience was helpful, showing that you received some nice gifts in your room and some special treatment on an activity/excursion... but I'll assume it left some wondering if that was because you have Diamond status (although that still doesn't point out that other Diamonds would receive any special Diamond treatment.
so a) yes clearly you believe you are entitled to something extra even thought it is nowhere to be seen in the terms & conditions of the program (just point me to where in HGP it says if breakfast is included you are entitled to a room upgrade in its place?) and b) you must be mixing me up with someone else as when I stayed here it was Allila Villas and had nothing to do with Hyatt. BTW we were treated excellently. Good treatment often has very little to do with making entitled "loyalty club" members feel they are getting one up on the rest of the guests. Indeed I would actually be concerned at returning to find annoying guests complaining that they are not getting the "diamond" treatment
Old Oct 7, 2011, 2:27 pm

so a) yes clearly you believe you are entitled to something extra even thought it is nowhere to be seen in the terms & conditions of the program (just point me to where in HGP it says if breakfast is included you are entitled to a room upgrade in its place?) and b) you must be mixing me up with someone else as when I stayed here it was Allila Villas and had nothing to do with Hyatt. BTW we were treated excellently. Good treatment often has very little to do with making entitled "loyalty club" members feel they are getting one up on the rest of the guests. Indeed I would actually be concerned at returning to find annoying guests complaining that they are not getting the "diamond" treatment
First, (a), I don't believe I'm entitled to anything special as a Diamond (beyond what's listed in Ts&Cs), so please stop telling me/us I/we do... but I do think it's common (and beneficial) for a property/chain to treat it's top tier loyalty program members differently. If the hotel treats every customer special and exceptional, then this concept means treating the top tier program members incrementally more special/wonderful/exceptional. No one is complaining!! Where has someone complained, or noted an intention to complain if as a Diamond he/she isn't accommodated beyond the Ts&Cs? I'd be disappointed, I might make note of it, but I wouldn't complain.

I agree good treatment "often has very little to do with making entitled "loyalty club" members feel they are getting one up"... but providing something unique/incremental to a Diamond (again, beyond the already amazing/exceptional/excellent treatment) is an INHERENT concept of a tiered loyalty program.

As for (b), without reading back through the thread, I must be confusing your review with another poster's very recent (i.e. Hyatt not Avila) review, where that poster while not answering the "Diamond question" did provide good insight into the topic by noting his experience and treatment - please accept my apology.

Last edited by canyonleo; Oct 7, 2011 at 2:39 pm
Old Oct 7, 2011, 7:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
canyonleo, you are just not getting it. I and others have clearly pointed out that Diamond members are treated exceptionally well at this property and your whining about 'but I deserve a special treatment because the free breakfast I am entitled to is given to others for free' is just pathetic.

There is a video of you checking in at Hyatt, have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCqm4H3m3Ew
Old Oct 8, 2011, 5:31 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SMK77
Funniest post on FT EVER!

As for the other point:

If a Park Hyatt offers all guests a bottle of wine, or fruit platter, is a property required to offer Diamonds a bottle of Bollinger to demonstrate higher Diamond recognition. Answer = no.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
If a Park Hyatt offers all guests a bottle of wine, or fruit platter, is a property required to offer Diamonds a bottle of Bollinger to demonstrate higher Diamond recognition. Answer = no.
It is even worse: How on earth could Hyatt allow to start Andaz?!

ALL guests - and I mean everyone staying there! - are getting FREE WiFi and a FREE minibar! Isn't that a slap in the face for every Diamond member?

I am still staying at the Andaz 5th Avenue in two weeks and I am sure they will be looking after me :-)
Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:27 am

I'm afraid you're not understanding the question. No one is requesting Diamonds are treated differently or better... no one is demanding it, no one is complaining about it. Some asked about it!

It appears the answer is "no", Diamonds are not treated differently, EVERY guest receives exceptional, star treatment, and leave his/her stay extremely satisfied. If that's the case, then great - works wonderfully for me... no one is complaining, no one is demanding more, no one is checking in with a pissy attitude, no one is even requesting anything different... posters are just wondering if those that have visited can fairly answer the question. Now we have both answers - thx.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo
I'm afraid you're not understanding the question. No one is requesting Diamonds are treated differently or better... no one is demanding it, no one is complaining about it. Some asked about it!

It appears the answer is "no", Diamonds are not treated differently, EVERY guest receives exceptional, star treatment, and leave his/her stay extremely satisfied. If that's the case, then great - works wonderfully for me... no one is complaining, no one is demanding more, no one is checking in with a pissy attitude, no one is even requesting anything different... posters are just wondering if those that have visited can fairly answer the question. Now we have both answers - thx.
The question has been answered a couple of times - and by people who have stayed there. If you can't read, shall we call you and read to you? You are a Diamond member!
Old Oct 9, 2011, 3:47 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok people KNOCK IT OFF with the personal commentary - this is happening way too often in the entire forum lately. Discuss Hyatt and their properties and not each other. Thanks!!!

Peteropny co-mod Hyatt
Old Oct 13, 2011, 1:53 am

Programs: Chairman USAirways, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United Global Serv, Hertz Presidents
Currently in-house

hey all -

i am currently in house until 10/17 and wondered if anyone had any requests or questions. i have been here for a week already. am i diamond member as well.

thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.