Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Possibilities - 4/1-6/30/11 - 10k pt for 5 nts (+5k for HyatCC) & 5k for add'l 2 nts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibilities - 4/1-6/30/11 - 10k pt for 5 nts (+5k for HyatCC) & 5k for add'l 2 nts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:26 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Edit: n/m - Just read the text on facebook that discussed the link being active on 3/31. Dumb they'd post it 1 month prior to people actually being able to click on it.
Not to mention the fact that the registration does not open until ONE day prior to the first eligibility date. I can only assume that bookings made before 3/31 will count, or they will have a lot of unhappy members!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by Explore
For the occasional or irregular guest, this is worse than the G bonuses it is replacing. That's because at least 5 nights are required in the quarter to earn any bonus points. You have a change of trip plans....whoops, no bonus for you.

With no double stay credit or other inducements - not even any tie-ins with the Chase Hyatt card - I'll be staying elsewhere next quarter in many cases.
I would disagree on the effect this will have on customers. For many (myself included), it creates an incentive to at least make the whole five nights to earn the first bonus. I think that is the point. Then after that, it is only two nights at a time needed to get the 2.5K per night.

I am thankful for one thing: they did not require nights to be consecutive, thereby penalizing one night stays. I HATE promos that penalize one nighters! (Starwood is notorious for this, but to their credit their latest "Great Weeks/ends" does not!).
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, US Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Not to mention the fact that the registration does not open until ONE day prior to the first eligibility date. I can only assume that bookings made before 3/31 will count, or they will have a lot of unhappy members!
Hyatt has always been good at retroacting for promos unlike Hilton. It was one of the big selling points on the BWB and FFNs in the past where you had to lock in for either free nights or points. Guest were able to lock in closer to the end of the promo to figure out which would be most beneficial.

Opening registration one day before the kickoff would be a big deal if they didn't do this.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Random question: If I requalify for Diamond in May of this year, it would be good through the end of 2011, and then until when? I dropped down to Platinum at the beginning of March. Thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 1:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
registration?

Is registration required? or a promo code? Could not find any details on their website. thanks.
Sorry, I found the answer, but haven't figured out how to delete my stupid question.
Moderator, feel free to wave your magic wand and delete this - thanks.

Last edited by travelmbs; Mar 8, 2011 at 1:44 pm Reason: found the answer.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by blase
Random question: If I requalify for Diamond in May of this year, it would be good through the end of 2011, and then until when? I dropped down to Platinum at the beginning of March. Thanks.
If you reach 25 stays (or qualify by nights) by May, 2011, your Diamond status would take you through 2012.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I just put on my calendar for March 31st: Register for Hyatt Promo.

I've only got one stay between now and April 1st and should have a good chunk of travel in the 2nd quarter. If I'm lucky, I might earn 20K to 25K. Hopefully, the G bonuses come back to sweeten the deal.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold, PC Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
If you reach 25 stays (or qualify by nights) by May, 2011, your Diamond status would take you through 2012.
Ok, so then it expires at the end of Feb. 2013??
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:33 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Sharing some thoughts on and off topic

Originally Posted by holtju2
Lame considering nonexistent G-bonuses. Can't they send Jeff back to AA? I want old promos back.
Greetings holtju2

With all due respect
as a fellow respected poster.
I don't want to see Jeff Z going anywhere but where he is at GP....
Both Jeff and Rene have been the best welcome addition to Gold Passport in years ^
And highly supportive of this forum directly and indirectly.
I do understand the frustration for some based on some fellow members preferences and expectations.

One email that was sent to me from another Diamond GP member also a big customer of Hyatt was especially critical of the point increases last year and the lack of bonuses and lack of compelling promotions this year.
They shared that they felt that last year’s barrage of promotions was essentially a smoke screen for the redemption increases last year so that Gold Passport wouldn't be as attacked like Hilton and SPG program changes were.
Trust me when I say that that the good folks from Gold Passport would like nothing more than to run Faster Free Nights 12 months a year.
However the final decisions are arrived at through budget decisions every quarter and annually.The industry on the whole this year is more conservative promotionally and rates seem higher for everything.........

Airlines and hotel companies this year are counting on a large recovery based on industry expectations. It’s of my personal thought process it won't be as
rosy an outlook as the industry expected and that’s even before the insanity of what oil prices may do to the global economy.
I knew last year would not be topped for some time to come and personally engaged at record levels
I always shared with others and even the Hyatt folks in Omaha that 2010 would be very difficult to beat value wise to GP members.

Let us also not forget that recognition for Hyatt GP Diamond guests on any rate has never been better historically.
Without question I will bet a few of my points and miles that though members may not see the frequency of rich promotions this year as they have become accustomed to more recently.
In particular Hyatt won’t let us down without at least one big bang or two before 2011 is over.

I am thankful for the break as it stopped my stay addiction and I have slowed down a lot of my leisure travel other than for work.
The upcoming promotion is working in a satisfactory manner for me though I too mourn some of the increases last year only in the cases where I don’t see them as justified.
Having said that I like the way I am being recognized at full service Hyatt properties and so at the end of the day the trade off works well enough for me.
Hopefully the next one is sweeter for you!
Cheers
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by blase
Ok, so then it expires at the end of Feb. 2013??
Yup!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
In particular Hyatt won’t let us down without at least one big bang or two before 2011 is over.
I sure hope so.
The reality as is right now supports using priceline and doing NOR1 upgrades as this appears cheaper than booking directly.
Even half empty hotels try to charge an arm and a leg without any rational justification IMO at least in the past GP bonus points and promos supported direct bookings.
I am a big supporter of Hyatt but recent developments make me very concerned.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:45 pm

I do understand the frustration for some based on some fellow members preferences and expectations.
Do you have some insider high level contact at Hyatt/GP?

Hyatt/GP is not doing a great job of managing expectations at this point (and I'm not talking about this promo), and should we mention the web site?

-David
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:28 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Would this be a "Nights After Nights" (of olde)?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:49 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
OT

[B]Greetings holtju2

Cheers
777globalmilehound, could you please stop bolding the beginning of your sentences.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:54 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Wink Bold removed by request

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Do you have some insider high level contact at Hyatt/GP?

Hyatt/GP is not doing a great job of managing expectations at this point (and I'm not talking about this promo), and should we mention the web site?

-David
Thanks for the post however may I say that running the website is really a separate department from Gold Passport.
Though each department has communication with each other.
Have my pet peeves about the website and have been highly vocal about it. Any of us incidentally can make our voice heard.
Hyatt typically is approachable for feedback
Hyatt still has my favorite hotel website despite the multitude of dysfunction found on it.Improvements are vital without question

Typically I have been a big supporter of Hyatt as has my family for over 20 years long before Gold Passport came to the table.
Have spoken with the good folks from Chicago and Omaha a number of times through the years since 1994.
Never had more faith in the team as I do today and the kind of cooperation they need from the top management levels at Hyatt.

The team on board are as passionate as they come and their actions have spoken louder than their past words at various events.
They are listening to their customers.I expect more improvements to Gold Passport and great stuff to look forward to
as a member of this program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.