Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Possibilities - 4/1-6/30/11 - 10k pt for 5 nts (+5k for HyatCC) & 5k for add'l 2 nts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibilities - 4/1-6/30/11 - 10k pt for 5 nts (+5k for HyatCC) & 5k for add'l 2 nts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Some promotions favor extended stays and some favor one nighters.

This is not a deal like FNF where 10 one-nighters earn 5 free nights anywhere.

Hyatt might have shelved that promotion for good now that they are playing in the big league of bank card points.

This promotion is certainly a good value offer for a person with extended stays.

Assume 3 or 4 hotel stays of 3 or 4 nights each at $200 per night during the three month promotion period. This is the typical business conference stay.

11 nights earns 25,000 bonus points.

25,000 points buys:

1 night at any category 6 hotel in the world (22,000)
2 nights at category 3 hotels (2 x 12,000)
3 nights at category 2 hotels (3 x 8,000)
5 nights at category 1 hotels (5 x 5,000)

Looking at the low end where a Hyatt category 1 hotel (19% of all Hyatts) requires 5,000 points for a free night, the value of 25,000 bonus points after 11 nights is equivalent to:

I use category 2 rather than category 1 to compare Marriott, Starwood and Hilton to Hyatt category 1 due to the low percentage of category 1 hotels in the respective chains compared to Hyatt. Marriott is about 6% hotels in category 1, SPG is 2%; Hilton is 1% while Hyatt is 19% in category 1.

At the high end of hotel rewards this 25,000 points offer after 11 nights is equal to 1 Marriott night at 40,000 to 50,000 points for a Marriott category 8 or Ritz-Carlton tier 3. Hilton HHonors 50,000 points for a category 7 or Waldorf Astoria 60,000 points high season award, or Starwood 20,000 points or 25,000 points peak season category 6 or even 30,000 for some category 7 hotels.

Are you going to earn that many points with Marriott, Hilton or SPG with 11 nights during this Hyatt promotion time period?

Not unless these other programs step up their promotions from the current offers!
        Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:14 pm
        Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
        I think that there are legions of members on this board who would be disappointed with any promotion that doesn't allow them to earn a free night at Place Vendome, Sydney, or Kauai for less than $200
        Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: US Gold; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
        New to Hyatt. Do their promotions usually count nights based on check in date, check out date, or the actual nights. I have a stay 3/31 through 4/5, just wondering if this will count for zero, 4, or 5 nights.
        Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:16 pm
        FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
        Originally Posted by francophile
        I think that there are legions of members on this board who would be disappointed with any promotion that doesn't allow them to earn a free night at Place Vendome, Sydney, or Kauai for less than $200
        While it would be nice to see FFN return, I am happy with a points promo. They should have just brought the Great 10K back. It worked very well for me ^
        Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
        Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant
        I (we?) have been spoiled. I do not think FFN can be reasonably expected on a frequent basis.
        Without a doubt, but they have had FFN at least once a year for the past 9 years IIRC.
        I'm not giving up yet.
        Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
        This promo is better than the great 10K since you earn at a faster rate after the first five nights.
        Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:21 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
        I received an email this morning from Hyatt Public Relations regarding the promotion. The information I received contains the same info as Gold Passport Concierge posted in message #16 of this thread.

There was no mention of the 60,000 points earning limit in the email I received, although that does not necessarily mean that aspect of the promotion is not true.

I have asked for clarification from Hyatt Public Relations or perhaps Gold Passport Concierge can answer this.

Update: And Hyatt contacted me 25 minutes after this post to confirm the promotion is capped at 60,000 bonus points after 25 nights as reported in the initial post of this thread.

Last edited by satori; Mar 7, 2011 at 4:03 pm
        Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
        Originally Posted by VA1379
        This promo is better than the great 10K since you earn at a faster rate after the first five nights.
        Not likely, unless your stays are many nights in a row. The Great 10k was better due to the G bonuses, which previously were present at the majority of Hyatt properties but now have vanished in conjunction with this promo.
        Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:37 pm
        FlyerTalk Evangelist
        Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
        Originally Posted by satori
        Some promotions favor extended stays and some favor one nighters.

This is not a deal like FNF where 10 one-nighters earn 5 free nights anywhere.

Hyatt might have shelved that promotion for good now that they are playing in the big league of bank card points.

This promotion is certainly a good value offer for a person with extended stays.

Assume 3 or 4 hotel stays of 3 or 4 nights each at $200 per night during the three month promotion period. This is the typical business conference stay.

11 nights earns 25,000 bonus points.

25,000 points buys:

1 night at any category 6 hotel in the world (22,000)
        2 nights at category 3 hotels (2 x 12,000)
        3 nights at category 2 hotels (3 x 8,000)
        5 nights at category 1 hotels (5 x 5,000)

Looking at the low end where a Hyatt category 1 hotel (19% of all Hyatts) requires 5,000 points for a free night, the value of 25,000 bonus points after 11 nights is equivalent to:

I use category 2 rather than category 1 to compare Marriott, Starwood and Hilton to Hyatt category 1 due to the low percentage of category 1 hotels in the respective chains compared to Hyatt. Marriott is about 6% hotels in category 1, SPG is 2%; Hilton is 1% while Hyatt is 19% in category 1.

At the high end of hotel rewards this 25,000 points offer after 11 nights is equal to 1 Marriott night at 40,000 to 50,000 points for a Marriott category 8 or Ritz-Carlton tier 3. Hilton HHonors 50,000 points for a category 7 or Waldorf Astoria 60,000 points high season award, or Starwood 20,000 points or 25,000 points peak season category 6 or even 30,000 for some category 7 hotels.

Are you going to earn that many points with Marriott, Hilton or SPG with 11 nights during this Hyatt promotion time period?

Not unless these other programs step up their promotions from the current offers!
              I always enjoy your break down on these..

Thank you... I agree this is a good promo.
              Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:41 pm
              FlyerTalk Evangelist
              Original Poster

Originally Posted by reggae
              New to Hyatt. Do their promotions usually count nights based on check in date, check out date, or the actual nights. I have a stay 3/31 through 4/5, just wondering if this will count for zero, 4, or 5 nights.
              Welcome to Hyatt

April first is the start of promotion, so you will get 4 nights stay count toward your promo with one extra night, you will earn 10K

Hope this clarify it.
              Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:42 pm
              Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
              Originally Posted by karung99
              Hyatt Gold Passport is excited to announce that the next global campaign will run 01APR11 through 30JUN11. Members can earn 10,000 HGP bonus points after their first 5 eligible nights and then 5,000 bonus points for every 2 nights after that. Members can earn up to 25 nights (maximum of 60,000 bonus points).

NO FNF but it is still good.

Hm!!! You know this is the promo or you think it is a promo?

IF it is the promo: Not too happy about it but it's ok. Can make 13 nights for my Diamond extension plus 10k (5 nights) plus 4 x 5k (4 x 2 nights) = 30k

Well, have enough points. Don't really need them
              Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:43 pm
              FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
              Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
              Hm!!! You know this is the promo or you think it is a promo?
              We know this is the promo. GP Concierge even announced it!
              Old Mar 7, 2011, 4:39 pm
              In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
              Darned if you do; darned if you don't!

This thread proves that no matter what Hyatt does people are going to be unhappy. For MONTHS people on this board posted/complained because there wasn't a promo announced; they cancelled reservations because there wasn't a promo, blah blah blah.

So what happens? A promo is announced and <1 minute people are complaining about the promo. Amazing. Truly.
              Old Mar 7, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
              Is not the FFN promo but is a good promo non the less. I am looking foward to it ^
              Old Mar 7, 2011, 4:55 pm
              FlyerTalk Evangelist
              Original Poster

Originally Posted by ldsant
              This thread proves that no matter what Hyatt does people are going to be unhappy. For MONTHS people on this board posted/complained because there wasn't a promo announced; they cancelled reservations because there wasn't a promo, blah blah blah.

So what happens? A promo is announced and <1 minute people are complaining about the promo. Amazing. Truly.
              I am not surprise and should be expected from FTers

Let's said this promo combine with FNF, some people will complain about no GX still.. go figure...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.