Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Possibilities - 4/1-6/30/11 - 10k pt for 5 nts (+5k for HyatCC) & 5k for add'l 2 nts

Possibilities - 4/1-6/30/11 - 10k pt for 5 nts (+5k for HyatCC) & 5k for add'l 2 nts

Old Mar 7, 11, 3:05 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Monterey, California
Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Posts: 2,179
Some promotions favor extended stays and some favor one nighters.

This is not a deal like FNF where 10 one-nighters earn 5 free nights anywhere.

Hyatt might have shelved that promotion for good now that they are playing in the big league of bank card points.

This promotion is certainly a good value offer for a person with extended stays.

Assume 3 or 4 hotel stays of 3 or 4 nights each at $200 per night during the three month promotion period. This is the typical business conference stay.

11 nights earns 25,000 bonus points.

25,000 points buys:

1 night at any category 6 hotel in the world (22,000)
2 nights at category 3 hotels (2 x 12,000)
3 nights at category 2 hotels (3 x 8,000)
5 nights at category 1 hotels (5 x 5,000)

Looking at the low end where a Hyatt category 1 hotel (19% of all Hyatts) requires 5,000 points for a free night, the value of 25,000 bonus points after 11 nights is equivalent to:

        I use category 2 rather than category 1 to compare Marriott, Starwood and Hilton to Hyatt category 1 due to the low percentage of category 1 hotels in the respective chains compared to Hyatt. Marriott is about 6% hotels in category 1, SPG is 2%; Hilton is 1% while Hyatt is 19% in category 1.

        At the high end of hotel rewards this 25,000 points offer after 11 nights is equal to 1 Marriott night at 40,000 to 50,000 points for a Marriott category 8 or Ritz-Carlton tier 3. Hilton HHonors 50,000 points for a category 7 or Waldorf Astoria 60,000 points high season award, or Starwood 20,000 points or 25,000 points peak season category 6 or even 30,000 for some category 7 hotels.

        Are you going to earn that many points with Marriott, Hilton or SPG with 11 nights during this Hyatt promotion time period?

        Not unless these other programs step up their promotions from the current offers!
        satori is offline  
        Old Mar 7, 11, 3:14 pm
          #32  
        Marriott Contributor Badge
         
        Join Date: Dec 2001
        Location: SFO
        Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
        Posts: 4,525
        I think that there are legions of members on this board who would be disappointed with any promotion that doesn't allow them to earn a free night at Place Vendome, Sydney, or Kauai for less than $200
        francophile is offline  
        Old Mar 7, 11, 3:14 pm
          #33  
         
        Join Date: Sep 2010
        Location: PHL
        Programs: US Gold; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
        Posts: 65
        New to Hyatt. Do their promotions usually count nights based on check in date, check out date, or the actual nights. I have a stay 3/31 through 4/5, just wondering if this will count for zero, 4, or 5 nights.
        reggae is offline  
        Old Mar 7, 11, 3:16 pm
          #34  
        FlyerTalk Evangelist
         
        Join Date: Nov 2009
        Location: Kansas City Metro | MCI
        Programs: UA*G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
        Posts: 20,239
        Originally Posted by francophile View Post
        I think that there are legions of members on this board who would be disappointed with any promotion that doesn't allow them to earn a free night at Place Vendome, Sydney, or Kauai for less than $200
        While it would be nice to see FFN return, I am happy with a points promo. They should have just brought the Great 10K back. It worked very well for me ^
        FriendlySkies is online now  
        Old Mar 7, 11, 3:17 pm
          #35  
         
        Join Date: Feb 2004
        Location: CLE
        Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis CHM.
        Posts: 3,893
        Originally Posted by HoustonConsultant View Post
        I (we?) have been spoiled. I do not think FFN can be reasonably expected on a frequent basis.
        Without a doubt, but they have had FFN at least once a year for the past 9 years IIRC.
        I'm not giving up yet.
        ctownflyer is offline  
        Old Mar 7, 11, 3:18 pm
          #36  
         
        Join Date: Feb 2005
        Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum (former PP), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
        Posts: 3,875
        This promo is better than the great 10K since you earn at a faster rate after the first five nights.
        VA1379 is offline  
        Old Mar 7, 11, 3:21 pm
          #37  
         
        Join Date: Nov 1999
        Location: Monterey, California
        Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
        Posts: 2,179
        I received an email this morning from Hyatt Public Relations regarding the promotion. The information I received contains the same info as Gold Passport Concierge posted in message #16 of this thread.

        There was no mention of the 60,000 points earning limit in the email I received, although that does not necessarily mean that aspect of the promotion is not true.

        I have asked for clarification from Hyatt Public Relations or perhaps Gold Passport Concierge can answer this.

        Update: And Hyatt contacted me 25 minutes after this post to confirm the promotion is capped at 60,000 bonus points after 25 nights as reported in the initial post of this thread.

        Last edited by satori; Mar 7, 11 at 4:03 pm
        satori is offline  
        Old Mar 7, 11, 3:36 pm
          #38  
         
        Join Date: Dec 2009
        Location: PEK, SFO, NYC
        Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
        Posts: 277
        Originally Posted by VA1379 View Post
        This promo is better than the great 10K since you earn at a faster rate after the first five nights.
        Not likely, unless your stays are many nights in a row. The Great 10k was better due to the G bonuses, which previously were present at the majority of Hyatt properties but now have vanished in conjunction with this promo.
        doodley is offline  
        Old Mar 7, 11, 3:37 pm
          #39  
        FlyerTalk Evangelist
        Original Poster
         
        Join Date: Jan 2006
        Location: SFO
        Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
        Posts: 12,206
        Originally Posted by satori View Post
        Some promotions favor extended stays and some favor one nighters.

        This is not a deal like FNF where 10 one-nighters earn 5 free nights anywhere.

        Hyatt might have shelved that promotion for good now that they are playing in the big league of bank card points.

        This promotion is certainly a good value offer for a person with extended stays.

        Assume 3 or 4 hotel stays of 3 or 4 nights each at $200 per night during the three month promotion period. This is the typical business conference stay.

        11 nights earns 25,000 bonus points.

        25,000 points buys:

        1 night at any category 6 hotel in the world (22,000)
        2 nights at category 3 hotels (2 x 12,000)
        3 nights at category 2 hotels (3 x 8,000)
        5 nights at category 1 hotels (5 x 5,000)

        Looking at the low end where a Hyatt category 1 hotel (19% of all Hyatts) requires 5,000 points for a free night, the value of 25,000 bonus points after 11 nights is equivalent to:

              I use category 2 rather than category 1 to compare Marriott, Starwood and Hilton to Hyatt category 1 due to the low percentage of category 1 hotels in the respective chains compared to Hyatt. Marriott is about 6% hotels in category 1, SPG is 2%; Hilton is 1% while Hyatt is 19% in category 1.

              At the high end of hotel rewards this 25,000 points offer after 11 nights is equal to 1 Marriott night at 40,000 to 50,000 points for a Marriott category 8 or Ritz-Carlton tier 3. Hilton HHonors 50,000 points for a category 7 or Waldorf Astoria 60,000 points high season award, or Starwood 20,000 points or 25,000 points peak season category 6 or even 30,000 for some category 7 hotels.

              Are you going to earn that many points with Marriott, Hilton or SPG with 11 nights during this Hyatt promotion time period?

              Not unless these other programs step up their promotions from the current offers!
              I always enjoy your break down on these..

              Thank you... I agree this is a good promo.
              karung99 is offline  
              Old Mar 7, 11, 3:41 pm
                #40  
              FlyerTalk Evangelist
              Original Poster
               
              Join Date: Jan 2006
              Location: SFO
              Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
              Posts: 12,206
              Originally Posted by reggae View Post
              New to Hyatt. Do their promotions usually count nights based on check in date, check out date, or the actual nights. I have a stay 3/31 through 4/5, just wondering if this will count for zero, 4, or 5 nights.
              Welcome to Hyatt

              April first is the start of promotion, so you will get 4 nights stay count toward your promo with one extra night, you will earn 10K

              Hope this clarify it.
              karung99 is offline  
              Old Mar 7, 11, 3:42 pm
                #41  
              Suspended
               
              Join Date: Mar 2010
              Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
              Posts: 1,628
              Originally Posted by karung99 View Post
              Hyatt Gold Passport is excited to announce that the next global campaign will run 01APR11 through 30JUN11. Members can earn 10,000 HGP bonus points after their first 5 eligible nights and then 5,000 bonus points for every 2 nights after that. Members can earn up to 25 nights (maximum of 60,000 bonus points).


              NO FNF but it is still good.


              Hm!!! You know this is the promo or you think it is a promo?

              IF it is the promo: Not too happy about it but it's ok. Can make 13 nights for my Diamond extension plus 10k (5 nights) plus 4 x 5k (4 x 2 nights) = 30k

              Well, have enough points. Don't really need them
              Zurich Flyer is offline  
              Old Mar 7, 11, 3:43 pm
                #42  
              FlyerTalk Evangelist
               
              Join Date: Nov 2009
              Location: Kansas City Metro | MCI
              Programs: UA*G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, Amex, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
              Posts: 20,239
              Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer View Post
              Hm!!! You know this is the promo or you think it is a promo?
              We know this is the promo. GP Concierge even announced it!
              FriendlySkies is online now  
              Old Mar 7, 11, 4:39 pm
                #43  
              In memoriam
               
              Join Date: Mar 2000
              Location: Seattle WA
              Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
              Posts: 8,664
              Darned if you do; darned if you don't!

              This thread proves that no matter what Hyatt does people are going to be unhappy. For MONTHS people on this board posted/complained because there wasn't a promo announced; they cancelled reservations because there wasn't a promo, blah blah blah.

              So what happens? A promo is announced and <1 minute people are complaining about the promo. Amazing. Truly.
              ldsant is offline  
              Old Mar 7, 11, 4:49 pm
                #44  
               
              Join Date: Feb 2005
              Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
              Posts: 1,554
              Is not the FFN promo but is a good promo non the less. I am looking foward to it ^
              hotelfanatic is offline  
              Old Mar 7, 11, 4:55 pm
                #45  
              FlyerTalk Evangelist
              Original Poster
               
              Join Date: Jan 2006
              Location: SFO
              Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
              Posts: 12,206
              Originally Posted by ldsant View Post
              This thread proves that no matter what Hyatt does people are going to be unhappy. For MONTHS people on this board posted/complained because there wasn't a promo announced; they cancelled reservations because there wasn't a promo, blah blah blah.

              So what happens? A promo is announced and <1 minute people are complaining about the promo. Amazing. Truly.
              I am not surprise and should be expected from FTers

              Let's said this promo combine with FNF, some people will complain about no GX still.. go figure...
              karung99 is offline  

              Thread Tools
              Search this Thread
              Search Engine: