Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Possibilities - 4/1-6/30/11 - 10k pt for 5 nts (+5k for HyatCC) & 5k for add'l 2 nts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibilities - 4/1-6/30/11 - 10k pt for 5 nts (+5k for HyatCC) & 5k for add'l 2 nts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Not a FFN promo but actually for me it works out pretty well given I will have 13 nights during this timeframe for a nice 30,000 point bonus Given I am using 12,000 for 6 nights in a nice suite in Bali and 3,000 for 4 night regency upgrade in HKG I will be significantly ahead when I return home
Old Mar 7, 2011, 9:31 pm

I like the promo. While it won't push me to accelerate my stay schedule, I'm just happy to be able to earn some bonus points while still staying on track to requalify for Diamond. Thanks, Hyatt! ^
Old Mar 7, 2011, 9:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Or are some of us so spoiled by past FFN? If FNs are so desirable, go get the MC - is not free but at $35 a night, is not bad either,...
Many of us are not able to get the card as we are not Americans

I am happy for this promo as it will encourage a couple of stays but I am still hoping for a FFN this fall.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I agree... but to tell you the truth I'm happy this is not a FFN promotion. I average 100+ nights a year in a hotel, 80% of that in a Hyatt. 99% of the time I would go out of my way to stay at Hyatt becuase of the promotion. There have been many hotels I've wanted to try but would pass becuase Hyatt offered a promotion I did not want to miss.

This promo is weak and I don't think it will get me to continue to exclusively direct my business to Hyatt. Honestly there are many wonderful unique hotels on the market today and most are not Hyatt's.

On a the plus side I have 28 nights at a Hyatt, April - May. I will re-qualify for Diamond Status 2012 by April 30th.

So far it looks like no Hyatt Mattress runs in 2011 It's time to branch out and try new hotels... thanks Hyatt.^^^

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I presume a promo is to get me to stay there by choosing Hyatt over someone else

this one will not do that

I won't be going out of my way for this one

If I go to a hyatt during this period it is b/c I was going to anyway so the points are just frosting but this promo does nothing to generate any additional stays

right now it doesn't even get me to look at Hyatt over anyone else
Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ldsant
This thread proves that no matter what Hyatt does people are going to be unhappy. For MONTHS people on this board posted/complained because there wasn't a promo announced; they cancelled reservations because there wasn't a promo, blah blah blah.

So what happens? A promo is announced and <1 minute people are complaining about the promo. Amazing. Truly.

This is because Hyatt doesn't give the people what they want! A promo isn't a promo if it isn't what the people want! Understand this!!!!

The real promo is the FFN promo!
Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:32 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by karung99
Welcome to Hyatt

April first is the start of promotion, so you will get 4 nights stay count toward your promo with one extra night, you will earn 10K

Hope this clarify it.
I tend to agree with this - count on 4 - be pleasantly surprised if 5 show up - it won't be 0 though. Generally, Hyatt's computer look at the check-out date for promos.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Not a FFN promo but actually for me it works out pretty well given I will have 13 nights during this timeframe for a nice 30,000 point bonus Given I am using 12,000 for 6 nights in a nice suite in Bali and 3,000 for 4 night regency upgrade in HKG I will be significantly ahead when I return home
We just got back from GH Bali, very nice property, please request to put you in Amb Suite..
Old Mar 8, 2011, 1:34 am

Programs: HGP/SPG: Apprentice Kettle; UA/AA/DL: Journeyman Kettle
New to Hyatt GP

I don't know if this is a good promo or not. It seems like there are a lot of people who are posting about Faster Free Nights (FFN) and G* bonuses which makes me feel like I arrived a day late and a dollar short.

But my situation is ... I have 09 free stays at GHs in HK and CN coming up and no status but before those free stays I can probably squeeze in 25 nights at HPs in the US so this promo could net me

1. 25 nights in the USA at USD$100/night = 14,000 HGP points
2. 60,000 HGP Bonus points
3. Diamond status (before the free nights)
4. Diamond amenity for free stays
5. Diamond upgrade POTENTIAL (no guarantees) for the free stays

I don't know whether it will be worth it or not. Some of the stays in the US will be employer paid while the rest would be out of my pocket. So, I have to do some hard thinking between now and April Fool's Day!

PS. I could get more points from using the Hyatt Visa card but I was not instantly approved and a call to Chase/Hyatt Card Services netted no answers, so I am not planning on having that available.

Last edited by MIT_SBM; Mar 8, 2011 at 5:58 am Reason: updated points
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by MIT_SBM
I don't know if this is a good promo or not. It seems like there are a lot of people who are posting about Faster Free Nights (FFN) and G* bonuses which makes me feel like I arrived a day late and a dollar short.

But my situation is ... I have 09 free stays at GHs in HK and CN coming up and no status but before than I can probably squeeze in 25 nights at HPs in the US so this promo could net me

1. 25 nights in the USA at USD$100/night = 2,500 HGP points

I don't know whether it will be worth it or not. Some of the stays in the US will be employer paid while the rest would be out of my pocket. So, I have to do some hard thinking between now and April Fool's Day!

PS. I could get more points from using the Hyatt Visa card but I was not instantly approved and a call to Chase/Hyatt Card Services netted no answers, so I am not planning on having that available.

How did you only get 2500 HGP pts in #1?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:34 am

Quote:

But my situation is ... I have 09 free stays at GHs in HK and CN coming up and no status but before those free stays I can probably squeeze in 25 nights at HPs in the US so this promo could net me

1. 25 nights in the USA at USD$100/night = 14,000 HGP points

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
How did you only get 2500 HGP pts in #1?
I am figuring that I will only get one HGP point for every dollar spent on the room rate.

Last edited by MIT_SBM; Mar 8, 2011 at 5:58 am
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:37 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, Marriott Silver
...I am figuring that I will only get one HGP point for every dollar spent on the room rate.
You get 5, 5.75, and 6.5 points per dollar spent on room rate as a general, platinum, and diamond member, respectively.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by aba030
You get 5, 5.75, and 6.5 points per dollar spent on room rate as a general, platinum, and diamond member, respectively.
Ah, ok. My figures are now updated to reflect obtain Platinum after 5 stays and No paid stays after reaching Diamond. Thanks.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I like this promo! OK, it's less juicy than FFN, but fairer to those who stay several nights. Come on, how can Hyatt make $$ by encouraging mattress runs at $79 buxanite HPs? If I were new to Hyatt during an FFN season, I would be shocked to learn that a week at $300 a night is "one stay" just like a night at $79, each earning .5 FFN!

I bet Hyatt will encourage people to stay one more night in hotels where they already are to grab an extra 5K, which is a better business model than encouraging cheap MRs!
I esp. like Satori's analysis in #31.

Of course this would be awesome with G bonuses, but come on! This promo puts more than a G2 on every Hyatt in the world!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 7:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
This is because Hyatt doesn't give the people what they want! A promo isn't a promo if it isn't what the people want! Understand this!!!!

The real promo is the FFN promo!
And this is a perfect example of a post that people do not want to read and also do not need to read.

Unterstand this!!!!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
I like this promo! OK, it's less juicy than FFN, but fairer to those who stay several nights. Come on, how can Hyatt make $$ by encouraging mattress runs at $79 buxanite HPs? If I were new to Hyatt during an FFN season, I would be shocked to learn that a week at $300 a night is "one stay" just like a night at $79, each earning .5 FFN!

I bet Hyatt will encourage people to stay one more night in hotels where they already are to grab an extra 5K, which is a better business model than encouraging cheap MRs!
I esp. like Satori's analysis in #31.

I can certainly understand Hyatt wanting to make money, I know that is why I drag myself into work most days. However, I have to say that it makes me feel less inclined to focus on staying at Hyatts because I came late to the party and missed the good part of the buffet. (note: I understand that this is not Hyatt's fault, or anyone's fault really.)

I do have the 09 free nights at Hyatts in Asia that have come my way and I was thinking what the hay, might as well try to become a top tier elite. Unfortunately for me, I don't think work will be picking up quite enough of the tab to make staying 25 nights before I have the free nights economically justifiable.

Originally Posted by Brendan
Of course this would be awesome with G bonuses, but come on! This promo puts more than a G2 on every Hyatt in the world!

I know that there are property specific bonuses is this what is meant by the G1, G2, G3 (G*) bonuses?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.