FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Possibilities - 4/1-6/30/11 - 10k pt for 5 nts (+5k for HyatCC) & 5k for add'l 2 nts
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:33 pm
JonathanIT

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by Explore
For the occasional or irregular guest, this is worse than the G bonuses it is replacing. That's because at least 5 nights are required in the quarter to earn any bonus points. You have a change of trip plans....whoops, no bonus for you.

With no double stay credit or other inducements - not even any tie-ins with the Chase Hyatt card - I'll be staying elsewhere next quarter in many cases.
I would disagree on the effect this will have on customers. For many (myself included), it creates an incentive to at least make the whole five nights to earn the first bonus. I think that is the point. Then after that, it is only two nights at a time needed to get the 2.5K per night.

I am thankful for one thing: they did not require nights to be consecutive, thereby penalizing one night stays. I HATE promos that penalize one nighters! (Starwood is notorious for this, but to their credit their latest "Great Weeks/ends" does not!).