Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Possibilities - 4/1-6/30/11 - 10k pt for 5 nts (+5k for HyatCC) & 5k for add'l 2 nts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibilities - 4/1-6/30/11 - 10k pt for 5 nts (+5k for HyatCC) & 5k for add'l 2 nts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
The stickies in the thread are actually helpful if you take the time to read them. Here's the one you're looking for: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ired-ones.html
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
anyone having issues with the "goldpassport.com/possibilities" link not working?

Edit: n/m - Just read the text on facebook that discussed the link being active on 3/31. Dumb they'd post it 1 month prior to people actually being able to click on it.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by austin_modern
anyone having issues with the "goldpassport.com/possibilities" link not working?
Yes. I posted something right after GP Concierge posted the link, yesterday...
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:25 am

It has allready been mentioned a few times, that the link will not work untill 03/31.
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by karung99
We just got back from GH Bali, very nice property, please request to put you in Amb Suite..
If I ask nicely will they put me in there? Or do I need to put the schmooz on?? haha

Hope you had a nice time though. I doubt I will make it to Bali any time soon but if I do, I'll ask for the karung suite. ^
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:41 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Yes. I posted something right after GP Concierge posted the link, yesterday...
Ya - sorry. I didnt read all 6 pages of the thread to find that out, and the FB link was far from containing all the information. ANyhow.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: The Golden status boy
I'm happy with this promo for no reason other than I am planning a Europe trip in Fall or Spring and this won't encroach on my FFN possibilities
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I'll add my voice to the Underwhelmed category. But my stays will be dictated by where I will be traveling between April and June, not by 10K which represents very little in the way of a real bonus, and if I feel I even wish to renew my Diamond status.

Once more, Hyatt displays a major disregard for its non-American based members who generally pay 3-5 times as much a night than Americans (who are able to earn nights at HPs and even some Hyatts at under $100 a night). After the insult of the hugely generous credit card offer, this is another slap in our faces!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Very mediocre. I am disappointed with this, yeah we have a promo finally, but this is the best Hyatt came up with? Really?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I, too, am underwhelmed. I think I'll spend the quarter requalifying for Fairmont Platinum status and using my PC free nights and IC BOGOs and hope that Hyatt promos later in the year will draw me back in time to requalify for Diamond.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Once more, Hyatt displays a major disregard for its non-American based members who generally pay 3-5 times as much a night than Americans (who are able to earn nights at HPs and even some Hyatts at under $100 a night). After the insult of the hugely generous credit card offer, this is another slap in our faces!
You make up for it by getting free health care in Canada

Look, last I checked there was no universal constitutional obligation for companies to offer the same promos or rates/fares to every human being on earth. It is what it is, and it won't change by repeating the same complaints here every time Hyatt makes a move. If Hyatt isn't the right program for you, then it is your duty to pick a different one. One that doesn't slap you in the face by having different rates for different markets or insult you by not offering a credit card in every country on earth. Or you could raise money, become a franchisee of Hyatt and open a series of Hyatt Places in your favorite locations across Canada.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
+1
This is an open forum and I enjoy reading both positive and negative feedback. I like Hyatt but as I mentioned before, often I would choose a Hyatt over another brand...WHY because of the promo.

I'm not unhappy with this promo nor excited. I look at it this way... After I re-qualify as Diamond 2012 next month I will not exclusively direct my business nor my organizations business to Hyatt, there is no incentive to do so.

I'm in NYC often and I've been wanting to try out some of the new exciting hotels such as the Eventi, Trump Soho and the new "W" Downtown. With out a decent promo from Hyatt I won't feel guilty trying out new digs for a couple of months

Later this year if Hyatt offers a promo I can't pass up... I'll be back!

Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
This is because Hyatt doesn't give the people what they want! A promo isn't a promo if it isn't what the people want! Understand this!!!!

The real promo is the FFN promo!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:20 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by Brendan
Of course this would be awesome with G bonuses, but come on! This promo puts more than a G2 on every Hyatt in the world!
That's the big issue here IMHO. In the past, G bonuses have always been stackable with other property wide promos, and it was hard to find domestic Hyatt properties that did not have some kind of G bonus. The elimination of G bonuses makes this a significant downgrade from last year's 10K promo.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:22 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I must be missing all the other great promotions the other programs are offering that would warrant considering this one mediocore and underwhelming. 2,000 to 2,500 GP points per night seems like a nice bonus to me.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:25 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
For the occasional or irregular guest, this is worse than the G bonuses it is replacing. That's because at least 5 nights are required in the quarter to earn any bonus points. You have a change of trip plans....whoops, no bonus for you.

With no double stay credit or other inducements - not even any tie-ins with the Chase Hyatt card - I'll be staying elsewhere next quarter in many cases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.