Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2014, 5:05 am

Programs: SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, CX, SQ, BA
Can you do the challenge if you did it last year?
Old Jun 8, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by RTW1
What is it you are looking for then....you will get a free breakfast at someting like $25-50 per person a night and the possibility of a better room and 4 (future) Diamond suite upgrades, all for free if you meet the criteria.

What more is there to do the math? It's an extremely generous offer, especially since it's "abused" so often.
Abuse? As a game developer, I believe the system works as intended. If it was not profitable, it would be discontinued.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Do Hyatt Residence club stays booked at Hyatt.com count towards the challenge?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 5:26 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Status updated quickly

Checked out saturday, which was my 12th night of the challenge.

Stay posted sunday afternoon, and my Diamond status was extended to February 2016.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 6:56 am

I guess I should have waited on the challenge. We completed our 12th stay on 5/31 and Diamond was extended to 2/2015. Looks like if we had started it just a bit later, we could have had Diamond status an extra year into 2016.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 6:58 am

Keep in mind Kyoto doesn't allow Suite Upgrades, but Diamond status was well worth it for the breakfast in Kyoto and at the PHT. Lounge access at the GHT was also well worth being a Diamond member for breakfast and cocktails/food in the evening.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by asdf1223
Do Hyatt Residence club stays booked at Hyatt.com count towards the challenge?
Just to report back, Hyatt on Twitter did confirm that this was OK. Will report back when the stays post if there are any issues.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:21 am

reporting back,

I stayed a night at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg and got 4,000 points. This includes the 1,000 Diamond amenity and the 2,500 points for their lounge being closed on weekends.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: MR LTP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by us1549
reporting back,

I stayed a night at the Hyatt Regency Schaumburg and got 4,000 points. This includes the 1,000 Diamond amenity and the 2,500 points for their lounge being closed on weekends.
this particular property doesn't help me, but thanks for letting us know.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 1:12 pm

I'm hopelessly Old School, I suppose. I think of a status match as a test drive of a car you are thinking about buying, not a free rental.

It's okay: I know I'm a damn fool.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by tripmaster
Ahh the ability for the anon internet posting to generate dickish responses. Thank you for that thoughtful advice to my question whether the economic benefits of an investment generate a good return. I cherish your open spirit of community.
I'm surprised that was the only negative response you've received, especially since you started a new thread for something that has been asked and answered countless times in the status match thread.

As someone that's been a member for 11 years, you should already know or should be able to figure out in 30 minutes exactly what the benefits are going to be. And only you know how much value you place on those benefits and what your other costs are (outside of the $129/night).
Old Jun 9, 2014, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by hailstorm
As of now, it's a once a year chance to do the Diamond Trial, not once in a lifetime.

I say it's a no brainer to do it, given the incredible benefits offered to Diamonds at Hyatt hotels in Japan (especially the Park Hyatt)
Concur. We used a combo of points + Chase nights to stay last month at PH Tokyo - they take good care of Diamonds even on free nights and the room service breakfast alone is a huge benefit. Our only regret was not staying at PH Kyoto rather than the awful Westin.

I will not have enough stays to renew Diamond this year but it has been worth it at every property I've visited the last year and a half. The suite upgrade certs alone are worth it if you plan to travel with family as you generally get 2 rooms for the price of 1.

Even if it were "once in a lifetime" I never worry about that. Rules change, mergers happen, and the computer has a way of forgetting when systems are upgraded Plus you never know how your life will change or perhaps the Diamond challenge gets eliminated tomorrow (one thing for certain is that the rules always change). So never regret doing a status match/challenge.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by spgplat21
I'm surprised that was the only negative response you've received, especially since you started a new thread for something that has been asked and answered countless times in the status match thread.

As someone that's been a member for 11 years, you should already know or should be able to figure out in 30 minutes exactly what the benefits are going to be. And only you know how much value you place on those benefits and what your other costs are (outside of the $129/night).
If we judged everyone by the standard of letmegooglethatforyou.com then we would all be guilty at some point.

I'm not a practicing Buddhist but I try to remind myself to be kind. As the meme goes, be kind because everyone is fighting a tough battle. I've spent my energy trying to make sure all the hotels are ready to keep our ice packs frozen for the meds I need to transport to bring for my son. If you grudge me that bit of laziness then I will hope you are kinder in person than here; thanks to the others who tolerated my redundant question which have been asked and is now buried in a less than awesome search feature.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 7:30 am

Programs: Mega Bus Plaid; Southwest Airlines Ruby and Bates Motel Platinum
I just finished searching and reviewing the last 30 pages of this forum and can't find a definitive answer to this question, although there was an airline miles type question and partial answer. I am entertaining a Diamond Challenge and wondered if it is compatible with doing the current Hyatt triple airline miles promotion? In essence, can I register for that and get triple miles and still get the Hyatt 6K Gold passport miles? I also note that I am targeted for a stay 3, get 5K pts offer and would that still trigger if I am taking miles? I realize that's a bit to consider, but i would appreciate any insight anyone might have. Thanks!
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The challenge can be used in combination with all other offers. For the airline promo and the 6k bonus it might be best to credit points first and then contact GP to transfer to miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.