Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
First of all, I think you don't have to worry. I don't believe Hyatt has ever expired points.

Secondly, since you are worried, any activity to the account that would generate points would fulfill the requirement.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Mary2e
First of all, I think you don't have to worry. I don't believe Hyatt has ever expired points.

Secondly, since you are worried, any activity to the account that would generate points would fulfill the requirement.
Thanks!

Worrying makes me happy. If I didn't have something to worry about, my anxiety level would be off the charts.

Mike
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Great, thanks!
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I hope I understand your question correctly but because I'm not clear on your question I will state this
All suite confirmable upgrades are able to return to your account provided
they are still within their eligible redemption time frame

If you are referring to the Chase Visa free nights that's a different situation
As that is a suite award redemption good only for Diamonds at a participating hotel.They too may be canceled and rebooked as long as it too is redeemed within the specified time frame

If that doesn't answer the question please ask again
Cheers
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by mikeef
Thanks!

Worrying makes me happy. If I didn't have something to worry about, my anxiety level would be off the charts.

Mike
Send me a PM, I have plenty to share...
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:50 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExP, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Diamond status challenge questions

Hi - I've been lurking for some time but just joined so this is my first post. Thanks in advance for the advice! I've stayed at Hyatt Place numerous times, but am looking to get serious about Hyatt GP since dining at the Park Hyatt Chicago recently. I'll be logging my first Park Hyatt stay in DC next month and am closely contemplating the Diamond status challenge, since I'm already platinum with Marriott. My questions pertain to the challenge features:

From talking to GP customer service, I know the current offer runs until 12/31, and qualifying would earn Diamond status until Feb 2013. Is a new challenge likely to be available immediately after 1/1/12? Would it extend status until Feb 2014 or still just Feb 2013? I'm trying to think about the best way to time the 12 nights/60 days challenge. I know I've got enough potential stays to hit it whether I start now or wait until early 2012 to do the challenge, but would appreciate advice from experts like you. Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2011, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by goldiemack
Hi - I've been lurking for some time but just joined so this is my first post. Thanks in advance for the advice! I've stayed at Hyatt Place numerous times, but am looking to get serious about Hyatt GP since dining at the Park Hyatt Chicago recently. I'll be logging my first Park Hyatt stay in DC next month and am closely contemplating the Diamond status challenge, since I'm already platinum with Marriott. My questions pertain to the challenge features:

From talking to GP customer service, I know the current offer runs until 12/31, and qualifying would earn Diamond status until Feb 2013. Is a new challenge likely to be available immediately after 1/1/12? Would it extend status until Feb 2014 or still just Feb 2013? I'm trying to think about the best way to time the 12 nights/60 days challenge. I know I've got enough potential stays to hit it whether I start now or wait until early 2012 to do the challenge, but would appreciate advice from experts like you. Thanks!
goldiemack - welcome to FT and the Hyatt Forum; and lucky you - potentially starting your Hyatt program in a Park Hyatt! ^

If you wait until the first of the year to begin your challenge, your expiration date will not change - it will still be 2/2013. So if you know you can hit the nights, I would definitely start it now...especially with that Park Hyatt stay coming up.

Quite honestly, there is not a lot of difference in Diamond treatment at a HP...but in the full service properties? Huge. Go for it and enjoy!

(and don't forget to post your review in the thread that can be found in this forum...always great to get updates!)

Again, welcome - and continue to ask questions if you need assistance, we are here to help!
Old Nov 25, 2011, 7:59 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by sophiegirl
goldiemack - welcome to FT and the Hyatt Forum

If you wait until the first of the year to begin your challenge, your expiration date will not change - it will still be 2/2013. So if you know you can hit the nights, I would definitely start it now...especially with that Park Hyatt stay
[I](and don't forget to post your review in the thread that can be found in this forum...always great to get updates!)
I believe that if you start the challenge after 1/1/12 and complete it your status will run through 2/2014.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
I believe that if you start the challenge after 1/1/12 and complete it your status will run through 2/2014.
peter, i actually just asked this question of a GP Customer Service Agent last week when considering a Challenge for Mr.Sophie - and was given the answer I provided to goldiemack. She said if I waited until 3 or 4Q it would go until 2014, but not as early as Jan.

however, it certainly is possible that I was given an incorrect answer...are you absolutely certain? not questioning your knowledge, but it would change what I had planned for Mr Sophie....

Old Nov 25, 2011, 10:31 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by sophiegirl
peter, i actually just asked this question of a GP Customer Service Agent last week when considering a Challenge for Mr.Sophie - and was given the answer I provided to goldiemack. She said if I waited until 3 or 4Q it would go until 2014, but not as early as Jan.

however, it certainly is possible that I was given an incorrect answer...are you absolutely certain? not questioning your knowledge, but it would change what I had planned for Mr Sophie....

I had PMed GPC regarding a situation a few weeks ago where if someone who starts a challenge after 11/1 and finish in 1/2012, whether the status would then go through 2/2013 or 2/2014, answer was 2/2013.

Now I realize that doesn't match your situation, but I was presuming that completing a challenge is equal to qualifying during a particular year - hence my post above. Under the "old" status matching (no longer available), if you matched after something like August (year 0), your status would go trough February (year 2)- eg status match "now" would ge you status through 2/2013.

Perhaps you could PM the Gold Passport Concierge (the Customer Service line people while they are getting better (I haven't heard blatantly wrong information given out on "basic" issues in quite a while) - might not be the best source for such a question) since you are planning on doing it for Mr. Sophie - and please post back your answer so that we can refine our knowledge base. (Obviously I can't and don't presume to know all the nuances).
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExP, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Thanks sophiegirl and peteropny - this is very helpful. I look forward to hearing anything you may find out from the GP Concierge, if you choose to do that, sophiegirl. From previously searching the posts, if memory serves me, I think people who did Diamond status match as early as March of this year qualified through Feb 2013. Thus I'm interested in the implications if I didn't start the challenge until Jan 2012.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 8:41 pm

GolDiemack, I excerpted your question, and sent it off...will let you know!
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Where to post asking to exchange bookings w/ rewards for cash?

Looks like a safe place for me to ask this ..

I am trying to get a nice hotel in San Francisco for the nights of 2/9 - 2/13 (2012), and the rates are through the roof.

I am wondering if it is acceptable for me to post offering cash (via Paypal) in exchange for someone who is "points heavy" to book a room for me.

Is that "legal", and is there a place on the forums for me to ask that?

Seems straightforward. I am looking to spend half as much money as I would at the inflated rate, and for someone who values cash more than their points at this moment, this would seemingly be a good deal.

Thanks for helping me!
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:40 am

Programs: plenty
points for meals for non-guests?

Many of us are excited about Jeff Zidell and his teams announcement in the coming future to have the opportunity to earn Gold Passport points within Hyatt restaurants without a stay ^
Cheers and Happy dining while earning those Gold Passport points [/QUOTE]

Could you please let me know if/when this will start? We have a Hyatt with a very good restaurant in Zurich and this would definitely be an incentive to go there more often...

Thank you very much!
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by rgrunnah
Looks like a safe place for me to ask this ..

I am trying to get a nice hotel in San Francisco for the nights of 2/9 - 2/13 (2012), and the rates are through the roof.

I am wondering if it is acceptable for me to post offering cash (via Paypal) in exchange for someone who is "points heavy" to book a room for me.

Is that "legal", and is there a place on the forums for me to ask that?

Seems straightforward. I am looking to spend half as much money as I would at the inflated rate, and for someone who values cash more than their points at this moment, this would seemingly be a good deal.

Thanks for helping me!
There is a place on FT to exchange for other awards/certificates-no cash transactions permitted, however, you need 180 days of membership and 180 posts.

You are not permitted to post in the regular forums looking for an exchange.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.