Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Great 10k (9/15 - 12/15/10) - 10K bonus points after every 5 Nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Great 10k (9/15 - 12/15/10) - 10K bonus points after every 5 Nights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Eh

Don't wanna be a naysayer, as this promo is better than nothing. Still, I've got 10 Hyatt stays booked in Sept/Oct that I'm going to switch to SPG.

No ill will though, Hyatt, I'll be back for the next rd of FFN.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by ken7
Don't wanna be a naysayer, as this promo is better than nothing. Still, I've got 10 Hyatt stays booked in Sept/Oct that I'm going to switch to SPG.

No ill will though, Hyatt, I'll be back for the next rd of FFN.
me too, probably i will switch at least some stays to Marriott....
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:43 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
compared to the pcr mad points, marriott 2 for 1, and spg special promotions as 10000 points or up to 150$ credit, this is so NOT great....
Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
the spg 1000points or up to 150 credit are special offers to those who received the code, and unfortunately I am not one of them....
So, some promotion you didn't get is better than this promotion you can do? Sounds like you have a tough choice to make between the two. Marriott's two for one is limited to four stays total for me, and the free nights are Category 1-4, hardly all that exciting in my opinion, though I will do it probably.

2,000 GP points per night is nothing to sneeze at, I'm sure there will be many folks who appreciate not having to hotel hop to maximize this promotion.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Does it matter if I choose points or miles for my stay in order to earn bonus points?
No. You can choose to earn points or miles for your base earning.
^^
While I too wanted FFNs, I think that allowing bonus points on miles stays is a good move.

For a one night Hyatt stay (Until Oct 15 at least), I can get
3,000 AA
2,000 Hyatt bonus points
1,000 Diamond amenity

More lucrative than SPG IMO- at least for my stays.

Last edited by thepointsguy; Aug 24, 2010 at 2:06 pm
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:50 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Maybe promos like BWB were getting too expensive for Hyatt. I would guess people doing things like translating two $60 Hyatt Place nights into a Venodome night takes its toll on the bottom line. And with the other chains' weak promos, if business is improving for Hyatt, maybe it decided to try a weaker promo.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by justcome
It's not quite what I would like to see, but allowing choosing miles while still getting the bonus points is still nice.
^ agree on the mile comment

The promo -

Yes, Hyatt is great. Yes, the promotions this year have been great. Just wished that the spring/summer one had been this fall. Had lots of travel plans for the fall but no time off to use the FFNs this summer. That's life . . . I'm sure lots of people had great use for them this spring/summer and can't use them with family this fall/winter.

Besides, the 2008-2009 promos weren't going to last forever.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by pitbrian
^^
While I too wanted FFNs, I think that allowing bonus points on miles stays is a decent.

For a one night Hyatt stay (Until Oct 15 at least), I can get
3,000 AA
2,000 Hyatt bonus points
1,000 Diamond amenity

More lucrative than SPG IMO- at least for my stays.
Personally I agree while a bit of a let down compared to FFN, this is way better than SPG just on the basis that there are no exlusions. SPG have excluded all the properties I use, and therefore ME, from their program.

That said, how do you get 3k AA plus 2k Hyatt? Isn't it either or? I have been doing some MR stays to get the 3KAA and get me up to Diamond
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:54 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Personally I agree while a bit of a let down compared to FFN, this is way better than SPG just on the basis that there are no exlusions. SPG have excluded all the properties I use, and therefore ME, from their program.

That said, how do you get 3k AA plus 2k Hyatt? Isn't it either or? I have been doing some MR stays to get the 3KAA and get me up to Diamond
Then save the rest of your stays until Sept 15. I'm assuming the 2,000 Hyatt points are from this promotion (assuming a total of 5 stays, then it would be 2,000 points per stay on top of the 3K AA miles and 1W)
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
I think this promo might work very well with certain properties (e.g. ones with G bonuses and/or closed RC's). I easily see the possibility of earning 40,000 GP points for 5 stays, which isn't far off from FFN's.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:58 pm

Is it possible that FFN promo is still being considered by Hyatt?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA-1K; Hyatt Diamond
Wow. I have to say this promo is very disappointing, I had hoped to earn some FN for use in Asia this November. On the other hand, with my Diamond already wrapped up through early 2012, I can shift my business elsewhere until the end of the year and earn some status with Hilton or Marriott.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by best
Is it possible that FFN promo is still being considered by Hyatt?
doubtful
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Trustguy
I think this promo might work very well with certain properties (e.g. ones with G bonuses and/or closed RC's). I easily see the possibility of earning 40,000 GP points for 5 stays, which isn't far off from FFN's.
how do you calculate out 40000points?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Hopefully a FFN will come out, and will be stackable with this promo. If not, it will certainly change my Hyatt stays in the next few months.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Hopefully a FFN will come out, and will be stackable with this promo. If not, it will certainly change my Hyatt stays in the next few months.
God, wish you are the Hyatt Marketing President......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.