Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Great 10k (9/15 - 12/15/10) - 10K bonus points after every 5 Nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Great 10k (9/15 - 12/15/10) - 10K bonus points after every 5 Nights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by IAD Guy
Wow. I have to say this promo is very disappointing, I had hoped to earn some FN for use in Asia this November. On the other hand, with my Diamond already wrapped up through early 2012, I can shift my business elsewhere until the end of the year and earn some status with Hilton or Marriott.
And here we thought this was a LOYALTY program...how naive.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
I'm somewhat disappointed by this promotion. Whilst I am grateful for anything that can be considered free, such as the 10k on offer, I do find myself underwhelmed.

We pay for all our own travel, for Q4 we were looking at 8 nights at the HR Waikiki plus another couple of stays elsewhere. With this promotion we won't even qualify for the bonus at the HR Waikiki over Christmas. I have already cancelled that stay and transferred to the Hilton which is approx. $80 a night cheaper and they are offering 10k bonus for staying for the 8 nights.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
As a part of our ongoing commitment to provide the world’s most generous welcome, The Great 10K allows members to earn unlimited bonus points.

How many bonus points can I earn?
You can earn up to 180,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points with The Great 10K promotion.
So..."unlimited" = 180,000??
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by japperific
Theres 90 days in the promo... 90/5=18*10,000= 180,000.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: A few
good to know this is stackable with aa 3k promo... will probably make some decent use of this in that case.

i am assuming hotels are in better shape... the promos are getting weaker and the prices getting higher
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by japperific
Well, there are only so many days in three months.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Remember those of us who can't get a Hyatt cc because we don't live in the USA, and where we do live there are no cheap HPs or weekend Hyatts where inexpensive mattress run nights can run up our totals. If Hyatt did as you suggest, it might as well say it's kissing off its non-American elites who pay on average 2-3x a night what the average US member pays.
I'm in the same boat, I racked up my 3 FFN with stays at PH Toronto. Perhaps Hyatt should look at tweeking their next FFN offer by eliminating Hyatt Place stays as qualifying nights. At a minimum they should give consideration to spend levels with regards to status (re)qualification.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:51 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge
Original Poster

Looks as if I was beat as far as positing the nights equation. Post Removed.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: continental, united premier, hyatt diamond, marriott silver, priority club platinum amb,hilton gold
Mikey no Likey

Not liking this at all. This is nothing more than a glorified G bonus of 2k per stay. Maybe Hyatt should have at least linked it with double stays towards elite levels.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Hi,
loyal to Hyatt ? : Yes
but for us europeans it really Looks like
we are Not taking Care of !
GP Concierge knows of course what we Pay
in Europe for our stay and we get no double stay or
double Nights promo to maintain Status ?
Its à real disadvantage for us, are we Not Important enough?
Personally Not taking Part in the first quarter promo,
i wont make it . 35 nights gone ...:-((
Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
Hi,
loyal to Hyatt ? : Yes
but for us europeans it really Looks like
we are Not taking Care of !
GP Concierge knows of course what we Pay
in Europe for our stay and we get no double stay or
double Nights promo to maintain Status ?
Its à real disadvantage for us, are we Not Important enough?
Personally Not taking Part in the first quarter promo,
i wont make it . 35 nights gone ...:-((
would have been a more interesting rant as a haiku.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by stinkycop
Not liking this at all. This is nothing more than a glorified G bonus of 2k per stay. Maybe Hyatt should have at least linked it with double stays towards elite levels.
The bonus is per night, not per stay. Its a G bonus on steroids.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hedoman
Please try to remember how great this program has been this year before the writing the dumb ... comments.
I could not have said it better myself. ^
Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
2k/night bonus (albeit rounded down to the nearest 10k) works for me.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
While I am still disappointed about a lack of FFNs, I think we should still keep everything in perspective. If we all cancel every Q3/4 night with Hyatt in protest, I think they could use the argument that offering FFNs does nothing to foster long-term loyalty.

If they see a reverse effect- people actually getting upset about not having FFNs and leaving the brand, it could have a negative impact on them offering future FFNs.

That being said, I'm in the process of analysis, but the other brands aren't offering anything show-stopping, so I'll still probably stick with Hyatt and rack up some points (and hope for a Q1 FFN!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.