Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Great 10k (9/15 - 12/15/10) - 10K bonus points after every 5 Nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Great 10k (9/15 - 12/15/10) - 10K bonus points after every 5 Nights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
As pointed out numerous times before, one should not underestimate the additional administrative burden that comes with such a promo, hundreds of emails and calls of people begging to get into the Park Vendome or begging for an upgrade due to their ( newly comped ) Diamond status, the repeated request to upgrade a FFN reservation with a suite upgrade cert etc.

One should also not underestimate the people that transform certain hotels into less desirable places, especially at upscale international properties and the concerns by hotel management about it ( ever asked yourself why they push the in room breakfast at the Park Vendome ? )

I have pointed out numerous times that quite some people within Hyatt were not really happy about the extent of some recent promos and felt that they gave away too much. There seems to be a constant battle between the marketing and competition driven US guys and their Hyatt International counterparts, who do not need as many promos, because of the quality and reputation of their hotels as a major competitive advantage per se.

One should not forget, however, that the US is still in dire straits, whereas Asia and partly also Europe are rebounding strongly, so I am a little bit surprised that they do not more for the US market...

Under the bottom line, however, occupancy levels increased, the Regency London has pretty strong advance bookings for the upcoming winter season, same with Vendome, which saw a renaissance in bookings recently.

In general, one can expect that the great 10k bonus points will come at a cost roughly 15-20% higher in comparison to 2009 prices at various properties all around the world.

Offering a round of FFN between September and December does not make as much sense in comparison to a round between mid December and the end of February and although I have been informed that there is still something in the books, I am slightly less optimistic than peteropny, but I am still hopeful that there is at least a targeted Diamond member promo out there.

Let's put it this way, this promo will not redirect traffic to Hyatt, people will not go out of the way to stay at a Hyatt, but if occupancy levels are solid throughout most of the time, the existing traffic might be worthwhile for the moment and for those who stay anyway, it is a nice add. income.

Mid December - end of January is certainly a very very very slow period for a chain putting its horses on the convention and fair crowds, so it would make sense to fire up sales with a promo during those 6-10 weeks starting in mid December.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nnn

Actually, this situation presents a double-hit to Hyatt. Not only does it have to pay the Hawaiian hotel for the FFN nights, but it also fails to receive revenue from the San Diego paid nights.
Should you not include the situations where the deal between the property owner and Hyatt requires Hyatt to deliver to the hotel property x volume of traffic in the course of some period of time (and a failure of Hyatt to do so results in a loss to Hyatt)? Or has Hyatt actually managed to avoid all such arrangements in deals within its franchise?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:08 pm

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
A bit sad....

I was also hoping for an ffn. I had posted on the SPG site that a decent program from Hyatt would mean I wouldn't see a Sheraton / Westin till at least January.

This is better than nothing, and without question better than the SPG promo, but I will most likely split my stays between the two.

I was that hoping one of the two, SPG or Hyatt, would steal my heart, but to no alas.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:28 pm

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
Nooooooooo.
this is a dreammmmmm.
Plz FFN in January.......
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:31 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond. SPG Plat. Hyatt Diamond. Segafredo coffee stamp card, inContinental
Thumbs up ~~~~ 2010 . Year of the Hyatt ~~~~~~~

34 "free" nights at The Park Hyatt in Tokyo this year from FFN / BWB .
Those are worth about 1m Yen to me. It would've cost considerably more to actually buy the nights with money.

2010 has been the best year ever for Hyatt promotions.

To those who are expressing their feelings of being let-down by Gold Passport. Duurrrrr !!!
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by IAD Guy
This is a silly comment. As a Diamond with over 40 nights at Hyatt properties this year I have been more than loyal to Hyatt. I don't owe Hyatt anything, nor does Hyatt owe me anything. This is a free marketplace and consumers are free to make choices based upon the value they get for their $$. If I can earn free nights staying at Marriott properties this fall why wouldn't I take advantage of that when Hyatt's offer isn't anywhere near as generous? Choice is a wonderful thing, that is how the marketplace works.

By the way, I notice that your profile says that you have SPGGold status, using your own logic are you disloyal to Hyatt when you do your SPG stays? Are you disloyal to SPG when you do your Hyatt stays?
No I'm loyal to Amex Platinum which gets me SPG Gold. My loyalty to SPG wained after it failed to deliver too often on it's Platinum benefits over several years so I moved my business to InterConti and Hyatt, as I did when I went to SPG after Hilton destroyed it's program. Property geographic profiles dictate my choice between the two brands I am loyal to. The marketplace tends to go to the lowest level and often destroys what's good (Betamax) over what's inferior (VHS). I'm old fashioned in my concept of loyalty. Treat me well and I will respect and patronize you. Go for cheap tricks and you can have the fickle and superficial.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:00 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
SPG's 'Every Night Counts' promo is useless. All but one property in Australia are not participating.

I quite like this promo, sure it's not FFN but 10,000 points + a G2 bonus = 2 suite upgrade redemptions for up to 4 nights, and at a PH property that can be worth >$500/night. Frankly, for some us FFN is useless. In Sydney the PH costs, at least, $500/night the PH and GH Melbourne no less than $250/night. Apart from planned travel I rarely go out of my way to stay extra nights to earn FFN I will never use.

Doesn't everyone recall that Hyatt allowed us to convert BWB nights to points if they went unused? Seriously, be grateful for what they offer rather than moaning about wanting something better. If you have doubt about Hyatt;s program try using SPG's "Guaranteed suite upgrade" perk. After fighting almost every property at time of check-in who make a million excuses until one magically appears, you'll soon realise that Hyatt's guaranteed best room upgrade, free club access and breakfast for Diamonds is far superior to SPGs.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:18 pm

Ah well... I can't confess to being enchanted... but it's more of a case of the offering going from being the best by a long mile to the best by an ok distance... In my case, it'll be the marginal Hyatt stays that will go - London shifted to One Aldwych, or the new Town Hall, for instance. Boston probably to the XV Beacon. I'll keep the Hyatt when it's still one of the best games in town - Cologne, very probably. I've already got Diamond through 2/2012, so no need to stack up the stays - and the bonus points will be, well, a bonus. As others have said, let's hope for January....
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:31 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by limelight
I've already got Diamond through 2/2012, so no need to stack up the stays - and the bonus points will be, well, a bonus. As others have said, let's hope for January....
Me also, I'm already at 30 stays, with another round of FFNs I'd probably be over 50 - without probably 35-40.

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Look at the bright side: maybe the irrational exuberance will die down and it will become more peaceful and quiet here, making your moderator job a bit easier.
ROFL - it has been exhausting the last few months.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, IC, FPC, CO & UA dirt, 1K wannabe
10K Not The Only 4Q Promo???

A respected FT member who doesn't want to burn his source from inside Hyatt and therefore wishes to stay anonymous, has informed me that there's another announcement coming next week.

When it comes to you changing reservations, I hope I'm not throwing a spanner into your works.

If this doesn't happen, don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger.

Cliche's are over, back to discussions...
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Hyatt has, since I've been a member, been pretty generous with promos. I'm certainly hoping that they'll be coming out with something interesting.

Basically I've moved my 25-30 Hilton nights to Hyatt. Paid stays in Hilton for the last year=1.

Right now, I have about 10 paid nights booked for the rest of the year. I'd probably move at least half of them, if no FFN came out. If FFN did come out, I'd book an additional 10-15 nights, as long as the dates matched up when I'd be able to book lower cost ones.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:56 pm

Don't underestimate the importance of the new Chase card

Fast free nights/big welcome back promotions I think all here would agree are market leading. Chase would be neglecting a huge opportunity in rolling out their new card if it was not linked to a free night promotion.

I think we also have to recognize some here are on the fringe in terms of earning and redeeming rewards. Some people do indeed turn two $60-70 dollar Hyatt Place stays into PH Place Vendome or PH Tokyo nights but the average Hyatt Place customer would only dream of that.

If I am wrong about the free nights and the credit card, I think this is still a good promotion.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I was hoping on scoring just 2 free nights I want to use at the Hyatt in Shenzhen, China in October. I have free nights at Hilton and staying at the Conrad Hong Kong but we want to stay a couple nights in Shenzhen, otherwise we are at our old reliable, the JinJiang for about $20US per night

I am willing to throw about 12 nights of business to Hyatt in September to score those free nights but it doesn't look like it can happen unless something else comes up.

I do like getting something for #nights instead of #stays but the mileage offers on a per stay basis still drive me to hotel hop with Hilton. This promo is not nearly enough to pull my 50% away from Hilton.

Note: just signed up for the (not really)targeted Hilton Diamond 10 nights = 1 free night or 25K points promotion. (see the Hilton forum)

Sorry Hyatt, Hilton has you beat this time...

Last edited by dmodemd; Aug 24, 2010 at 7:22 pm
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:17 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hoosiereph
Among those who are disappointed are business travelers who were not gaming the system, but have a 2-3 night trip each week in which they stay at a premium Hyatt property, and hope to earn free nights to take their spouse to a similar property.

Rounding off to twelve weeks, under past FFN promotions, they'd earn an FFN every other week, totaling 6 nights useable at any of these hotels. Under the great 10K, they complete 5 nights every two weeks, for 60,000 bonus points. But that's good for only 3 nights in a category 5, and not-quite 3 nights in a category 6.

It's a nice reward, but it's not the over-the-top treat that has converted so many of us to being Hyatt loyalists.
You don't seem to account forthe fact that many folks would gladly take 10k points that can be used whenever, wherever, and however one wants (including for higher priced suite redemptions) over a free night with a an expiration date within six months.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:20 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Beckles
You don't seem to account forthe fact that many folks would gladly take 10k points that can be used whenever, wherever, and however one wants (including for higher priced suite redemptions) over a free night with a an expiration date within six months.
Ding! There's something like 18 weeks left in the year, and I have 14 or 15 weeks of travel. I'm perfectly happy with points right now, since I can't use any FFNs this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.