Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Great 10k (9/15 - 12/15/10) - 10K bonus points after every 5 Nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Great 10k (9/15 - 12/15/10) - 10K bonus points after every 5 Nights

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:23 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I agree with Hedoman #7, Nnn #20, Shareholder #86 & others that we should be grateful for this moderately generous but realistic promo! FFN promos were too juicy as if designed by Santa Claus or our Fairy Godmother(s)! Most people do stay about 5 nights in 2 stays in fine hotels such as Hyatts when they are not mattress-running or hotel-hopping to game the system. Also, GP has probably grown tired of us begging for extensions to their deadlines, which admittedly were much shorter than similar promos at other chains.

Perhaps Hyatt should bring back FFN in 2011--earned 1 per 5 nights, not per 2 stays. A guest who stays 5 nights in 1 hotel @ US$300 each deserves an FFN more than a $69 buxanite mattress runner!
Look on the bright side: GP points don't expire & can be used for friends/ tCC trading partners & transferred fee-free!
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:53 pm

My two cents... This is a good promotion. There have been better Hyatt promos, but this is better than some other Hyatt promos and better than most promos from the competition.

I have 4 nights currently planned during this period, so this will certainly pull in another night I would have spent elsewhere.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:00 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by Brendan
we should be grateful for this moderately generous but realistic promo! FFN promos were too juicy as if designed by Santa Claus or our Fairy Godmother(s)! Most people do stay about 5 nights in 2 stays in fine hotels such as Hyatts when they are not mattress-running or hotel-hopping to game the system. Also, GP has probably grown tired of us begging for extensions to their deadlines, which admittedly were much shorter than similar promos at other chains.

Perhaps Hyatt should bring back FFN in 2011--earned 1 per 5 nights, not per 2 stays. A guest who stays 5 nights in 1 hotel @ US$300 each deserves an FFN more than a $69 buxanite mattress runner!
Look on the bright side: GP points don't expire & can be used for friends/ tCC trading partners & transferred fee-free!
You were reading my mind! I too have already requalified for Diamond status for next year (through 2012) but will continue to stay at Hyatts during my stays for the rest of the year (Starwood, due to their continual lack of Platinum benefits/treatment/lack of promos has lost over 50 nights this year that have gone to Hyatt). Hyatt's treatment is stellar on property! Just because some people wanted FFNs (which are wonderful btw!) I don't get why so many are whining about this promo?! Heck - it's a LOT better than many of the other chains are promoting.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:05 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Hyatt has, since I've been a member, been pretty generous with promos. I'm certainly hoping that they'll be coming out with something interesting.

Basically I've moved my 25-30 Hilton nights to Hyatt. Paid stays in Hilton for the last year=1.

Right now, I have about 10 paid nights booked for the rest of the year. I'd probably move at least half of them, if no FFN came out. If FFN did come out, I'd book an additional 10-15 nights, as long as the dates matched up when I'd be able to book lower cost ones.
Their goal is to increase sales. They've done so with us.

That's not a bad idea... though 4 would be better than 5 IMHO.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
1 free night per 5 stays is a non-starter. It's got to be something realistic. I can tell you that IHG is considering free nights again (probably 1 for 2 or 1 for 3), plus their other excellent promotions.

I try to use the free nights in each program, to get the best value. Using PB nights with IHG, I get 1.2-1.4 free nights for every paid night. I don't expect Hyatt to compete at that level, but to make it interesting, certainly.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm certainly hoping that Hyatt has something else in the works. This alone probably won't do it for me.

Ironically, I'm now within 2 stays of SPG Gold (thanks to Hyatt forcing me to hotel hop in Honolulu last spring!) So if Hyatt doesn't conjure up something else to draw me in this fall, I'll probably go get those other 2 free nights and see what SPG Gold is like.

Yes, Hyatt, you were my first hotel loyalty program -- and I'll surely be back -- but don't blame me if I have a wandering eye.....
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:16 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
1 free night per 5 stays is a non-starter. It's got to be something realistic.
FWIW, it's 5 nights, not 5 stays.

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
And I benefited from both an am now a Diamond. And I'd be stupid if I now filed away my shiny new Diamond card and spent my money at SPG (where I am a nobody) or at Hilton (where I am a Gold with no chance of renewal).
Agree completely. I have no shot at making top-level status elsewhere, so why waste the status I've earned?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thank you Hyatt for the promo^
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:44 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hobo13
Ironically, I'm now within 2 stays of SPG Gold (thanks to Hyatt forcing me to hotel hop in Honolulu last spring!) So if Hyatt doesn't conjure up something else to draw me in this fall, I'll probably go get those other 2 free nights and see what SPG Gold is like.
Do you stay at full-service properties (e.g., full-service Hyatt, Sheraton, Westin) or mid-level properties (e.g., Hyatt Place, Four Points, aLoft)? If you're staying at full-service properties SPG Gold is in absolutely no way comparable to Hyatt Diamond. If you're staying at mid-level properties they're somewhat similar in that netier does much for you, except that with Hyatt you get a Diamond amenity at least.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by nnn
FWIW, it's 5 nights, not 5 stays.
For my MR's, they're the same thing.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Beckles
Do you stay at full-service properties (e.g., full-service Hyatt, Sheraton, Westin) or mid-level properties (e.g., Hyatt Place, Four Points, aLoft)? If you're staying at full-service properties SPG Gold is in absolutely no way comparable to Hyatt Diamond. If you're staying at mid-level properties they're somewhat similar in that netier does much for you, except that with Hyatt you get a Diamond amenity at least.
If it's on my own dime, I'm cheap.

If it's on the gov't dime......

Mostly, I'm a believer in diversification. I've already hit Diamond for the year, so I figure I might as well get SPG Gold, just to hedge my bets.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:52 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

This years experience from this SPG Plat and Hyatt Diamond:

While BWB promo was running I almost went out of my way to stay at Hyatts over SPG properties.

After the promo ended, I've only had a handfull Hyatt stays and SPG bookings have picked up a lot. So without a promo, the loyalty disappears and I just pick the best property.

So if the new SPG promo is a stay 2-3 nights and get one free one, SPG will win this guys business almost exclusively this fall.

What can I say, pretty damn disappointed, this is just an extra G2 bonus, nothing else
Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:55 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
I think we also have to recognize some here are on the fringe in terms of earning and redeeming rewards. Some people do indeed turn two $60-70 dollar Hyatt Place stays into PH Place Vendome or PH Tokyo nights but the average Hyatt Place customer would only dream of that.

If I am wrong about the free nights and the credit card, I think this is still a good promotion.
This was my dream, I just got transferred to just north of baltimore for three months living in hotels the whole time (on my dime with per diem), and was so excited about the weekend mattress running possibilities in the DC area, and then of course no one has a free nights promo going!!!

At least the Chantilly Dulles has a 2K gbonus so i can burn the rest of my costco certs.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:07 pm

Has Hyatt done back to back FFNs before? Seems there are a lot of folks who were hoping for another round. I didn't think FFN would come around so I'm not really disappointed. I think it's a pretty good offer, especially with the fact that they're going with nights instead of stays.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
Luckily I only need one more stay for Diamond after doing 14 paid stays in the earlier FFN earning period. I had been on the fence about whether to put in the 13 SPG stays I need to requalify, but between this and the stay 3 get 10K starpoints from SPG Amex it's clearly making sense to go back to SPG for the rest of the year. I've been SPG Plat since 2004, and although their program has slipped it would still hurt to give it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.