Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by llos
No, they don't. They are very strict on the $75 credit {and sometimes even that won't cover 2 people's breakfast}.
Have other Diamonds exceeded the $75 amount and had to pay as well? Just wondering for upcoming trip.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Aventine
Have other Diamonds exceeded the $75 amount and had to pay as well? Just wondering for upcoming trip.
I had a minor overage comped for a Sunday brunch, maybe about $6.

BTW, are they supposed to cover (normal) tip amounts, if the total is still under $75?
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I had a minor overage comped for a Sunday brunch, maybe about $6.

BTW, are they supposed to cover (normal) tip amounts, if the total is still under $75?
I'd also like to know for here. Mr. 777 ambassador come on in please!
Old Sep 22, 2015, 11:56 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
Hi Aventine,

Yes I exceeded the $75 limit on several mornings and noticed additional charges on my final bill. In my defense I have to say that it was not all consumed by me! We were four in a two bedroom suite,
Old Sep 23, 2015, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pierre48
Hi Aventine,

Yes I exceeded the $75 limit on several mornings and noticed additional charges on my final bill. In my defense I have to say that it was not all consumed by me! We were four in a two bedroom suite,
Seems reasonable. Will report on what happens with usm Thanks all!
Old Sep 23, 2015, 6:43 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

I've had it both ways... officially its $75 credit but unofficially its YMMV....

Always order room service here

FDW
Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I've had it both ways... officially its $75 credit but unofficially its YMMV....

Always order room service here

FDW
Will probably try both restaurant and room service. Thanks FDW.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
Since there are so many Andaz 5th breakfast experts, what is the policy wrt to Diamond breakfast and weekend brunch? Is it ok to order brunch items?

Also, any chance of getting brunch items via room service?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 9:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by portishead
Since there are so many Andaz 5th breakfast experts, what is the policy wrt to Diamond breakfast and weekend brunch? Is it ok to order brunch items?

Also, any chance of getting brunch items via room service?
I ordered brunch stuff. I was told at check in that weekends were brunch (with extended hours) and there didn't seem to be a separate breakfast menu. [I made a reservation for a window table, but the host/hostess initially tried to give me a table that wasn't by a window.] However, I suspect that the hotel does breakfast through room service every day, so you might be limited to the breakfast selections. I'm not sure whether you can get brunch from room service, although perhaps this is possible as it's a menu rather than a buffet in the restaurant.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When the host said this Andaz was the flagship Andaz then I knew he was full of crap.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globlist,MarriottPlat,Hilton Gold,Delta Silver,National EE,Avis President Club, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I ordered brunch stuff. I was told at check in that weekends were brunch (with extended hours) and there didn't seem to be a separate breakfast menu. [I made a reservation for a window table, but the host/hostess initially tried to give me a table that wasn't by a window.] However, I suspect that the hotel does breakfast through room service every day, so you might be limited to the breakfast selections. I'm not sure whether you can get brunch from room service, although perhaps this is possible as it's a menu rather than a buffet in the restaurant.
on a sunday had light breakfast probably 30.00 came back around 1pm and had lunch around 40ish. Sunday I believe service is till 4pm both were taken off bill was just about 75.00
Old Sep 29, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I had 2 room service brunches right around the $75 mark this past weekend (one was just a bit over). My bill had a charge for $1.22. I didn't care to dispute it (and I even added a small extra gratuity on the bill which wasn't reflected on my folio).
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The service here is atrocious. I asked for 4 bottles of water, the minibar to be refilled at 1:20 and it's 4pm and still not done. I understand how some posters wonder if their Hosts just show up to work and expect to do nothing.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
The service here is atrocious. I asked for 4 bottles of water, the minibar to be refilled at 1:20 and it's 4pm and still not done. I understand how some posters wonder if their Hosts just show up to work and expect to do nothing.
Outrage
Old Sep 29, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Appalling!!! They better have my macadamia nuts on a plate!!!!

If the water does not show up soon and you are about to turn blue, go to the gym, I think there are bottled waters in a frig

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.