Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by anubond005
Any recent dp on using Hyatt printed gc at Andaz 5th? I remember seeing in blogs that Andaz only accepting plastic gcs? Thanks
You could ask Hyatt concierge if they know.
I'd just hope the amounts are intact on them. Nothing more frustrating than trying to pay with zero balance.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:07 am

Staying here now, first time staying in the second tower, in fact didn't know they had one!

Am stunned by how the free minibar has declined. I remember it used to have some nuts and chips and a variety of non alcoholic beverages. Now all that's available is water and Pepsi and tonic water. No chips or nuts.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
Staying here now, first time staying in the second tower, in fact didn't know they had one!

Am stunned by how the free minibar has declined. I remember it used to have some nuts and chips and a variety of non alcoholic beverages. Now all that's available is water and Pepsi and tonic water. No chips or nuts.
They had some bags of NY state pretzels and popcorn in October??
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
They had some bags of NY state pretzels and popcorn in October??
None when I checked in last night. Maybe they forgot to replenish from the prior guest. Will check later tonight.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:32 am

None when I checked in last night. Maybe they forgot to replenish from the prior guest. Will check later tonight.
Looks like it hasn't been replenished. They have been slacking on it during my recent stay, but quickly would replenished it upon a phone call. We had popcorn and very delicious chocolate with almonds
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Just call and ask for minibar items and coffee capsules (if you have acoffee machine)
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Looks like it hasn't been replenished. They have been slacking on it during my recent stay, but quickly would replenished it upon a phone call. We had popcorn and very delicious chocolate with almonds
You are right, they replenished it today and added more waters and some diet soda...standards...
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You are right, they replenished it today and added more waters and some diet soda...standards...
If you don't ask, they won't give!
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:16 pm

If you don't ask, they won't give!
Shouldn't have to ask! It's their brand standard!
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Shouldn't have to ask! It's their brand standard!
hahah this hotel is chintzy to the extreme. Wouldn't even waive a juice or side of sausage!
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:43 am

hahah this hotel is chintzy to the extreme. Wouldn't even waive a juice or side of sausage!
That that is very sad to hear, this hotel has been a favorite over the years. What are the recent globalist experiences regarding breakfast? I had breakfast yesterday at the restaurant and today by room service not sure which one will get covered by my benefit. I'll provide a detailed review upon my check out.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:38 am

That that is very sad to hear, this hotel has been a favorite over the years. What are the recent globalist experiences regarding breakfast? I had breakfast yesterday at the restaurant and today by room service not sure which one will get covered by my benefit. I'll provide a detailed review upon my check out.
They gave me a card explaining Globalist benefits upon my recent stay. Breakfast for two was included as per World of Hyatt terms. Additions weren't covered. I believe the card stated room service also included, but don't quote me on that.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Room service is covered but gratuity or a delivery fee isn't covered. Something like that.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
Room service is covered but gratuity or a delivery fee isn't covered. Something like that.
We always order room service at the Andaz 5av, and have never had an issue having the entire amount covered for 4, provided you operate within the guidelines of 1 entree, 1 hot beverage, 1 cold beverage.

The Park Hyatt NY will also allow the Globalist breakfast benefit as room service, but AFAIK, the delivery fee is not covered at that property.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
We had popcorn and very delicious chocolate with almonds
Same here, on arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.