Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Portico White Ginger Products

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I like the products at the Andaz hotels !! ^
Old Jun 16, 2010, 8:21 am

I also like the stuff at Andaz, but pack my own soap if I'm staying somewhere that will probably unload White Ginger Portico. I posted this on another thread, but I usually like to mention my hatred of the scent every time I complete a Hyatt property survey. Just received an e-mail response from a Hyatt Place General Manager, which included...

"Your comments about the Portico White Ginger products are certainly not new ones to us here at our hotel. Unfortunately, until any changes are made by our corporate offices, it is the scent we must use."
Old Jun 16, 2010, 8:50 am

The bar soap is okay. I only used the shampoo and conditioner once and never use them again. It's more of the quality that I couldn't stand than the smell though. I hope hyatts will get rid of them soon!
Old Jun 16, 2010, 9:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by zapyiu
It's more of the quality that I couldn't stand than the smell though. I hope hyatts will get rid of them soon!
Your right it is more of a quality thing.
I do pack my own shampoo and conditioner and have a travel size dove body soap. Unless I am staying at a luxury or high end property such as Andaz or W, then sometimes those products end up being my travel ones
Old Jun 16, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
GP Concierge?

Will you please address this, as you now have Hilton folks saying they'd be Hyatt people if only we didn't use Raid Yard Guard (er...I mean Portico White Ginger) in the shower...that goes far beyond a matter of personal preference and straight to the bottom line.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 12:46 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

I just wanted to thank all of you FTers for your feedback. Your comments have been noted as well as others. We know White Ginger fragrance isn't for everyone. Once again, thank you for your responses.

Happy Travels,
Chrissi R.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by cozkay
I have to agree, it really is just sub par. I always thought it would do, until recently my wife was on a trip with me. Between the Andaz Pharmacopia products and the Hyatt Portico on the following night, she pointed out that the Portico really was horrible.
I'm not a fan of the white ginger anymore, I do appreciate that the containers are made from recycled water bottles.

As for Andaz: San Diego has Korres, West Hollywood Pharmacopia and I experienced C.O. Bigellow at Andaz Wall street. So is there a brand standard for Andaz, or are they going with different products based on the locale?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 6:39 pm

I realize this thread is a few years old, but I was just looking at my sample of the Portico White Ginger Conditioner. I like it, and I think the ginger scent is fine, and not too chemical at all. I also have dry hair, but I find the conditioner sufficient. I hope they keep providing it, and I even plan to write and ask them to do so. Having grown up in HI, where most such things have a tropical scent, it's something I'm pretty used to - I've also smelled real white ginger flowers. I'm guessing many here complaining about the smell are just not familiar with the smell of ginger. Also, if the free hotel samples aren't to your liking, it's a pretty simple thing to just pack and bring what does please you, or you can always stop by a convenience store if it's really that much for you. Personally, I find lavender scented things to smell like an old woman - I think lavender often smells tired and old. To each their own. Pack what you like if your tastes are very specific.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 2:39 pm

Portico® White Ginger

I love LOVE L-O-V-E the Portico® White Ginger products!! The shampoo is great for dry hair. The conditioner does just what it says, it "conditions" the hair!

I enjoy the clean scent that lingers in the room after the bath, too. Our bedroom always smells like an expensive spa!
Old Sep 10, 2013, 4:26 am

I love the White Ginger. I had gotten a shampoo bottle and hid it so my houseguest wouldn’t use it & then forgot about it. Yesterday I washed some washcloths and didn’t look through them. I was wondering why the laundry smelled so good. When I went to put the things into the dryer, an empty bottle fell from the washer :-( ( I would love to accept anything in this line from anyone who doesn’t want theirs anymore. :-)
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:51 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Rebecca McClary Powell
I would love to accept anything in this line from anyone who doesn’t want theirs anymore. :-)
Makes me want to put my rather substantial stash on ebay....
Old Sep 10, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by slocouple
Will you please address this, as you now have Hilton folks saying they'd be Hyatt people if only we didn't use Raid Yard Guard (er...I mean Portico White Ginger) in the shower...that goes far beyond a matter of personal preference and straight to the bottom line.

OMG, I laughed out loud at this post!

ETA: and, I think the White Ginger scent is disgusting, too!

Last edited by Brituchenite; Sep 10, 2013 at 7:49 am Reason: to add comment
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by Rebecca McClary Powell
I love the White Ginger. I had gotten a shampoo bottle and hid it so my houseguest wouldn’t use it & then forgot about it. Yesterday I washed some washcloths and didn’t look through them. I was wondering why the laundry smelled so good. When I went to put the things into the dryer, an empty bottle fell from the washer :-( ( I would love to accept anything in this line from anyone who doesn’t want theirs anymore. :-)
Errr you should have found my many posts on how much I hate White Ginger and replied. I would have given you the small stash I had, instead of using them to mop the kitchen floor.

True to my words, I ceased Hyatt stays this year, unless it's the only available hotel, because of the sucky White Ginger and the new Dr. Whatever product is barely better. You should check out Crowne Plaza, their bath amenity is based on a UK spa, and the stuff is really really good. My gf makes me bring the stuff back after every stay. Every time I see her after a biz trip, our greeting has become "did you bring me more of that bath stuff?"
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:04 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by goatessa
I love LOVE L-O-V-E the Portico® White Ginger products!! The shampoo is great for dry hair. The conditioner does just what it says, it "conditions" the hair!

I enjoy the clean scent that lingers in the room after the bath, too. Our bedroom always smells like an expensive spa!
You DON'T have dry hair. That White Ginger shampoo and conditioner is the most drying combination of any hotel products. If it makes your hair moistured enough, you've duped to think you have dry hair.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:33 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
You choose a hotel program based on the quality of their free soap?
Originally Posted by wlau
True to my words, I ceased Hyatt stays this year, unless it's the only available hotel, because of the sucky White Ginger and the new Dr. Whatever product is barely better. You should check out Crowne Plaza, their bath amenity is based on a UK spa, and the stuff is really really good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.