Search

Portico White Ginger Products

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2010, 3:18 pm

wow...I'm surprised to read this.

I love portico products...
Old Jan 9, 2010, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by setsandjets
I am in search for the elusive Quince Bergamot to purchase - any ideas??

I have searched everywhere!

Thanks!
I could set up a special eBay auction for you.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 3:29 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold
I used to love the white ginger but am now getting kind of sick of it. I stay at the Hyatt enough that I now have a whole collection of little bottles at home that I'm not sure I'll use. This stuff actually seems to sell for a decent price on ebay. I won't go to the hassle of that but I've thought about it.

Despite the fact that the shampoo is really stripping but my hair looks amazing after I use this stuff. The conditioner has marshmallow in it (like the kind you eat) which I always found strange. I will be the first to agree that the lotion is too watery and the soap is too drying. Very harsh products.

The worst is that when you stay at Hyatt Place they don't give you lotion your skin is all dried out from the soap!
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Where is it made? Thanks.

Did a search and also looked online outside FT. Does anyone know where in terms of country or who produces Hyatt amenity products such as Portico? Wife wants to know. Thanks. Appreciate.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Did a search and also looked online outside FT. Does anyone know where in terms of country or who produces Hyatt amenity products such as Portico? Wife wants to know. Thanks. Appreciate.
Products are made by Portico and available online; they should be able to tell country of origin.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
We looked at this site before as well as product bottles. Still can not tell where it is made. Anyone determined country of manufacture? Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by setsandjets
I am in search for the elusive Quince Bergamot to purchase - any ideas??

I have searched everywhere!

Thanks!
Good Day:

Cannot say where you can buy it but from my experience you can get the Quince-Bergamot at the Hyatt at Union Square as well as the Hyatt at Olive 8 ( I suspect the Grand Hyatt Seattle as well). They have shampoo, shower gel, soap, bath salt, hair conditionner and moisturising lotion .
Old Mar 4, 2010, 9:09 pm
Community Director Emerita

I received Quince Bergamot Portico products at Lost Pines outside Austin last weekend. Oddly, the bar soap was Eucalyptus, but products in tubes were the quince bergamot fragrance. I don't know if it matters, but we were in a suite.

We did not get it at the Grand Hyatt Seattle.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 5:35 am

Still wondering?

Does anyone know in which country Portico products are made? Thanks.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I received Quince Bergamot Portico products at Lost Pines outside Austin last weekend. Oddly, the bar soap was Eucalyptus, but products in tubes were the quince bergamot fragrance. I don't know if it matters, but we were in a suite.
That must be new. I've always gotten the Eucalyptus scent there, even in suites.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Does anyone know in which country Portico products are made? Thanks.
Thanks for reporting RTW....finally got thru and they said outside Toronto.

Last edited by hedoman; Mar 5, 2010 at 10:38 am
Old Mar 5, 2010, 9:37 am

According to the agent- Canada.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 9:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Well, I'm typically a Starwood guy but I thought I would check out the "Big Welcome Back" promo and have stayed twice at Hyatts in the last two weeks.

I CALLED THE FRONT DESK TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PORTICO SOAP!

I hate it. This seems like such a nit, but it's really a horrible smell. Westin did it right with the white/green tea scent. I love the W Hotels Bliss products. Moulton Brown in the Luxury Collection rocks, but wow, Hyatt, what happened? This stuff really is foul.

I was about to call for a status match since I do enjoy the Hyatt properties and was impressed that points I had from the year 2000 still were in my account after 10 years, but I'm afraid this soap is a show-stopper. I'm just not going to pack my own soap.

Front desk never got back to me if they had another option.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by gozetta
Well, I'm typically a Starwood guy but I thought I would check out the "Big Welcome Back" promo and have stayed twice at Hyatts in the last two weeks.

I CALLED THE FRONT DESK TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE PORTICO SOAP!

I hate it. This seems like such a nit, but it's really a horrible smell. Westin did it right with the white/green tea scent. I love the W Hotels Bliss products. Moulton Brown in the Luxury Collection rocks, but wow, Hyatt, what happened? This stuff really is foul.

I was about to call for a status match since I do enjoy the Hyatt properties and was impressed that points I had from the year 2000 still were in my account after 10 years, but I'm afraid this soap is a show-stopper. I'm just not going to pack my own soap.

Front desk never got back to me if they had another option.
I have to agree, it really is just sub par. I always thought it would do, until recently my wife was on a trip with me. Between the Andaz Pharmacopia products and the Hyatt Portico on the following night, she pointed out that the Portico really was horrible.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by gozetta
I'm just not going to pack my own soap
I do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.