Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Portico White Ginger Products

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:33 pm

White ginger is terible. During our long stay at GH NYC we initially kept asking for alternative product, housekeeping kept letting "management" handled it, and we would got the quince-bergamot replacements several times. In the end we would bring our own toiletries. Yuck.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by cwpfly
The smell of Portico White Ginger products reminds me of Raid ant killer.
I could never quite put my finger on it, but now that you mention it, I believe you have hit the nail on the head with your description. It completely reminds me of Raid. I prefer the Lavendar Citrus as well, but even that gets old. The Eucalyptus isn't too bad, and in fact I could live with all Hyatt's giving that out. The best of the Portico's that I have tried though is the elusive "Quince-Bergamot" scent mentioned in the post above.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 8:31 am

Dear Hyatt,
Please get rid of Portico White Ginger. Right Now. If you must keep a line of Portico, I suppose I can handle Quince-Bergamot, Eucalyptus, or even Lavender Citrus. Better yet, just completely get rid of Portico. The stripping shampoo and watery lotion just doesn't cut it for me.
Thank you
Old Nov 8, 2009, 4:25 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Can't stand the portico crud, it makes me itch for hours, which I just realized today again after washing my hands in our guest bathroom (where I put out hotel soaps to use up).
Old Nov 8, 2009, 4:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Please Hyatt get rid of that horrible fragrance...White Ginger...
Old Nov 8, 2009, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Oops...guess I am in the minority but I quite like White Ginger The other flavours are good too! I think we could have it worse.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 9:31 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat
Yes totally agree that the white ginger is horrible. I have learned to live with it but cannot believe they are still putting this stuff in non-resorts. Yuck!
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Oops...guess I am in the minority but I quite like White Ginger The other flavours are good too! I think we could have it worse.
I am happy to see, I wasn't the only one who liked the smell...especially after several compared it to raid.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:15 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Oops...guess I am in the minority but I quite like White Ginger
I do as well, a very kind FT'er brought me a white ginger "care pack" to a Do held last night here in the Chicago area, THANKS^
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:36 pm

I agree I hate Portico products......I recently got back from the PH beaver creek and they replaced the Allegria Spa products (which I liked) with Portico products......ugh......and this was a PARK HYATT, not a Grand Hyatt........cost cutting????
Old Nov 9, 2009, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The other flavours are good too!
Flavours? Are you saying you eat the stuff? Otherwise, the proper term is odours or aromas or even smells.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 1:17 pm

Yes - elusive is the word! I am looking to purchase the Quince Bergamot from Portico Spa - any ideas where to find it?
Old Jan 7, 2010, 1:19 pm

Portico Spa Quince Bergamot

I am in search for the elusive Quince Bergamot to purchase - any ideas??

I have searched everywhere!

Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA PREMIER GOLD, AMEX PLT, HYATT Diamond
+1. I like this white ginger flavor a lot, though I think it smells more like plumeria flowers. Actually, I collect quite a few to give away...
Old Jan 7, 2010, 2:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by solanoma
Actually, I collect quite a few to give away...
Actually, I collect all of them to give away to others.....

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Jan 8, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.