Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Portico White Ginger Products

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2009, 9:14 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by daniel30350
I have to admit that I really like the Potico White Ginger products. They are pretty good at waking the dead. However, the Portico eucalyptus is even better! They had that scent at the Hyatt Resort Coconut Grove (Bonita Beach, FL) recently. Maybe it's a trend? Just at resorts?
Eucalyptus is the scent at Hyatt Resorts.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 9:38 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
Eucalyptus is the scent at Hyatt Resorts.
Where does one find the citrus scent?

To stay on topic, I don't care for the white ginger stuff either - never used it, but took a whiff and decided I didn't need to find out more. I've got a virtually unlimited supply of Westin's white tea amenities which I do enjoy greatly and use instead.

I've got a ton of the white ginger stuff that I'm donating to a local homeless shelter/women's shelter and/or to our local community college dorms. I figure someone might enjoy it.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I can't stand the White Ginger products. The Eucalyptus is far better, but the best is the Coco Mango products on the Regency floors in Waikiki, and available in the spa in Kauai.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 11:05 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I much prefer the eucalyptus smell but I rather like the White Ginger smell of the Hyatt Portico products.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 2:45 am

Programs: Quite a few...
I concur. The White Ginger scent is just awful. It did not help to make my so-so stay at the GH NYC any better... However, I was lucky at the Seattle Olive8 where I found one small bottle of Portico Citrus among the smelly ones... Hyatt, please get rid of White Ginger (at least in the bathrooms)!!
Old Nov 2, 2009, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just like many others I like eucalyptus but hate ginger. Citrus was OK but I haven't seen it since last year.

Hyatt is not alone making strange decision in the soap department - I dislike new Westin stuff as well (still better than ginger portico).

Among generic major chain soaps etc only W offers good products IMO.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 6:38 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mary2e
...but the best is the Coco Mango products on the Regency floors in Waikiki, and available in the spa in Kauai.
I look forward to trying them in a couple months.^

While I prefer the eucalyptus, I still very much enjoy the white ginger products as does Mrs Sweet Willie.

-
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Concur on white ginger: it's just plain NASTY. I call housekeeping and request alternative soaps and shampoos. At most properties, they supply alternates. I've actually gotten much nicer portico products that I think some properties keep for VIPs. Not so lucky about that at Hyatt Place.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shinbal
I call housekeeping and request alternative soaps and shampoos.
Good idea. ^
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:59 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by vysean
Where does one find the citrus scent?
Lavendar Citrus was the "summer" scent at full-service Hyatts but I didn't see them this year. So perhaps Hyatt chose to not order them anymore (since they still show up on Portico's website).
Old Nov 2, 2009, 9:53 am

Programs: UA MM, QF Plat, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by cwpfly
The smell of Portico White Ginger products reminds me of Raid ant killer. I don't even touch them - they are horrible! The eucalyptus and citrus are fine, but I wish that Hyatt would get rid of the white ginger.
And I thought I was the only one that thought this way. The smell is just disgusting, definitely smells just like that ant poison in the white powder. I've never had anything except white ginger bath products with my stays at Hyatt and I'll dig around in my toiletries bag for other shampoo just to avoid this shampoo. Hyatt really has to switch to some other scent for their toiletries plain and simple.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: RVT 1K
I have become more used to it with my many HP stays but the stuff is really awful!!
Old Nov 2, 2009, 1:25 pm

Aside from the unpleasant scent, I've found products themselves to be quite harsh. Maybe it's just me, but the lotion seems to be a watery consistency and actually very drying on the skin.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I agree the white ginger products smell terrible. I find the scent of the bar soap to be not quite as overwelmingly awful as the shampoo though.

That said, I still usually use the white ginger shampoo when I stay at Hyatts. Some day I'll remember to bring my own.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 9:46 pm
LDR

Programs: UA 1k, AA lifetime Gold, Marriott lifetime plat
Originally Posted by shinbal
Concur on white ginger: it's just plain NASTY. I call housekeeping and request alternative soaps and shampoos. At most properties, they supply alternates. I've actually gotten much nicer portico products that I think some properties keep for VIPs. Not so lucky about that at Hyatt Place.
How often do the hotels have alternative soaps/ shampoos?

I've stayed at 2 hyatts this year and the white ginger is what tipped the scales back away from Hyatts all together. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I really cannot stand the smell. I know I could bring my own, but that would require just a little more effort on my end...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.