Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Crowne Plaza Venice East Quarto D Altino 1€

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2010, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fivesixseven
I have a reservation for the 23rd of August, and I informed the hotel of my arrival. The shuttle will come, but is coming 2 hours !!! after my arrival at the airport. Do others also have this experience??
Call them when you get there, payphones are available everywhere. My guess is they will come and pick you up quickly.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
Call them when you get there, payphones are available everywhere. My guess is they will come and pick you up quickly.
I doubt it, as they wrote that it's a scheduled service. I'd consider this a poor service if it's scheduled only a couple of times during the day for an airport like Venice Marco Polo were dozens of flights arrive each hour... I mean, come on, waiting 2 hours after your flight to be picked up???
Old Aug 20, 2010, 7:24 pm
Community Director Emerita

waiting 2 hours after your flight to be picked up???
If, indeed, this is what you need to do, there is a very pleasant cafe with outdoor seating by the water. It's down by where the boats pick up for trips into Venice. It's roughly an 8 minute walk. You'd need to allow enough time to get back to the front of the terminal for your pickup by the hotel.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I doubt it, as they wrote that it's a scheduled service. I'd consider this a poor service if it's scheduled only a couple of times during the day for an airport like Venice Marco Polo were dozens of flights arrive each hour... I mean, come on, waiting 2 hours after your flight to be picked up???
fine, no need to believe me I used this service a few months ago
Old Aug 21, 2010, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
fine, no need to believe me I used this service a few months ago
Meaning you called them after arriving when in fact you also had to wait 2 hours? It's not that I don't want to believe you, just am not looking forward to the possibility of actually needing to wait 2 hours.

I researched the alternative to take the bus to Mestre and then the train. But this also feels strange to first head the wrong direction..., plus it consumes also quite a bit of time.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 3:59 am

I have a reservation for the 23rd of August, and I informed the hotel of my arrival. The shuttle will come, but is coming 2 hours !!! after my arrival at the airport. Do others also have this experience??
Its a 10 minute leisurely drive from the airport to the hotel. We had no problem
Old Aug 21, 2010, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Meaning you called them after arriving when in fact you also had to wait 2 hours? It's not that I don't want to believe you, just am not looking forward to the possibility of actually needing to wait 2 hours.

I researched the alternative to take the bus to Mestre and then the train. But this also feels strange to first head the wrong direction..., plus it consumes also quite a bit of time.
I called them from the arrival hall and within 20 minutes the van arrived to pick us up.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:17 am

Transfer service didn't work well in the end.

The 2 hours waiting time was reduced to 0 the day before arrival when the hotel understood the initial offer was a bit too long. However, no pick up ready upon arrival. After calling the hotel, someone finally arrived after 1,5 hrs of waiting...

Nice hotel, but transfers need to be coordinated better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.