[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2009, 1:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, OnePass, Skymiles, AA
Since there is no prompt for bookerid at swissotel, assume the F&F rate is valid without?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 2:05 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
I doubt they would have anticipated that people could find or even make up random codes and type them in to see if they can get a discount when reserving online.

Oh well... like I said, it's up to you guys to take that risk.
Well exactly that happened to me once, not for Fairmont though , but another chain. I was trying to remember my discount code....and put in a code close to it but not that same and viola! I had found a discount . For the record, I have never used it because I find my govt rates or the AAA rates are generally better than my random code, although it does work .

Thanks nyx.t2t for being kind enough to help us out with the Fairmont deal. You are a great friend . I am really looking forward to my stay in the near future ^.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 7:59 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
So if I booked a room for a family member under their name through my personal employee account and entered my FPC member, that won't count as a stay credit?
This situation definitely wont count for stay credits unless the family member convinces the front desk to change to your name with your FPC profile and uses his/her credit card to charge. FPC profiles should be for personal stays and every family member and individual should have their own. FPC is usually about personalization. A stay catered for you!
Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
My appoliges about the delay!

"You have exceeded the maximum number of private messages per day. This limit is removed after you become an established community member. Please contact an administrator if you feel this is in error."

Thanks to those that have sent me a PM. I will get to you!

Figured it out... got my post count >15

Last edited by edmonton2001; Apr 10, 2009 at 8:40 am
Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:28 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by edmonton2001
This situation definitely wont count for stay credits unless the family member convinces the front desk to change to your name with your FPC profile and uses his/her credit card to charge. FPC profiles should be for personal stays and every family member and individual should have their own. FPC is usually about personalization. A stay catered for you!
hmmm... thanks for the reply!

"You have exceeded the maximum number of private messages per day. This limit is removed after you become an established community member. Please contact an administrator if you feel this is in error."
Ya that frustrated me when I first signed up. It's to prevent random people from signing up and sending a ton of spam to the members. You will probably get more messages to send soon.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 8:52 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Figured it out... got my post count >15
OT: For additional improvements to your FT experience, you could also upgrade to a FT Premium membership! One feature is increased capacity in your PM mailbox. Another is to use FT ad-free.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:10 pm

Anyone check-in with this deal yet? If so, please post your experience and the hotel you stayed at. Also please mention if you reserved with a booker ID or not and if they needed to confirm the name at check-in. It'd be nice to get some feedback to help the ones who may be still skeptical or hesitant on using this deal.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, OnePass, Skymiles, AA
E-mailed the Boston Copley Plaza and the rep mailed back: "Completely understandable. There is no documentation needed. I will put notes in your reservation you would like a nice quick and easy check in process."

The question was, "There's been conversations about booker id's w/ the Fairmont friends and family rate. I'm aware that IC hotels and Marriott both require some sort of corporate documentation. I did not want to have a long conversation at check-in. What will i need to provide the agent at check-in for this rate to be valid/honored? I want to ensure a smooth check-in process and a relaxing stay..."
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:33 pm

Well that's good! Will save you from re-booking with an ID or carrying one with you.

Originally Posted by urvim
E-mailed the Boston Copley Plaza and the rep mailed back: "Completely understandable. There is no documentation needed. I will put notes in your reservation you would like a nice quick and easy check in process."

The question was, "There's been conversations about booker id's w/ the Fairmont friends and family rate. I'm aware that IC hotels and Marriott both require some sort of corporate documentation. I did not want to have a long conversation at check-in. What will i need to provide the agent at check-in for this rate to be valid/honored? I want to ensure a smooth check-in process and a relaxing stay..."
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
Originally Posted by urvim

Good idea. I'll have to send a similar e-mail for my reservation.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
Anyone check-in with this deal yet? If so, please post your experience and the hotel you stayed at. Also please mention if you reserved with a booker ID or not and if they needed to confirm the name at check-in. It'd be nice to get some feedback to help the ones who may be still skeptical or hesitant on using this deal.
Checked in last Saturday for 1 night using NFAF promo code and original booker ID per OP (thanks CanuckFlyHigh^). BTW, no questions asked at check-in. The stay just posted this morning on Fairmont Presiden'ts Club as a Qualified Stay. ^

Looking forward to the rest of my Fairmont stays.
Old Apr 10, 2009, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by W2B Globetrotter
Checked in last Saturday for 1 night using NFAF promo code and original booker ID per OP (thanks CanuckFlyHigh^). BTW, no questions asked at check-in. The stay just posted this morning on Fairmont Presiden'ts Club as a Qualified Stay. ^

Looking forward to the rest of my Fairmont stays.
That's good to know. Which property did you stay at?
Old Apr 10, 2009, 4:00 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Talking Checked in at the Plaza, 4/10/09

No questions about rate code, in fact excellent service, great welcome from all staff encountered so far & beautiful room. Given welcome letter from General manager on arrival, which I'm pretty sure is given to all guests. Hotel is sold out today, so very busy & yet, everyone is soooooo nice. Love it!
Also, I used the original Booker ID posted here when I made my reservation back on 4/3.

a big Hip, Hip Hoorah to CanuckFlyHigh!
^
Old Apr 10, 2009, 5:00 pm

That's great news! Keep us posted on the rest of your trip!
Old Apr 10, 2009, 6:41 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
^

travelsavant, perhaps you'd like to initiate a game at Fairmonts along the lines of this one...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...wood-game.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.