Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old Apr 8, 2009, 11:55 pm

Programs: US Airways, Avis, British Airways
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Even if they don't contact you before the date, you might want to contact them to double check. I've heard of instances where you show up and have to pay the daily going rate for their rooms because your code was not valid at the time of reservation.

Thanks...I think that's very sound advice!
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:26 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Are you sure you were getting the discounted rates? Everyone else cannot access rates for after 3 months. You might want to double check with the hotel itself and a reservation manager or something. Those are against their terms... it's quite a risk you are taking.
On Sunday, I also booked a reservation that is more than 90 days out. The NFAF promo was available at several hotels until the end of 2009. When I log into my FPC account, I can see that my reservation still shows the Friends and Family rate. But if I search for availability today on the NFAF promo code, the rate is no longer offered past 90 days at this property. It was definitely offered a few days ago, though.

From post#135 in this thread:
Originally Posted by sc flier
Great catch! They also have limited availability for Labor Day weekend....
Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC, Delta Privilege Gold, Air Miles Gold
Originally Posted by DesertChildAZ
The rate was GBP110, which is far below their published rate. It is cancellable up to one day prior ro check-in, so if I find out that they are going to reject my reservation, I'm not out anything. I'll just cancel. I would never stay there at their published rate, so the promotion is working for them in my case. I'm not someone who would pay US500/night to stay in their hotel, so I'm filling their unsold rooms. However, if the economy improves and business picks up, I am a disadvantage.
Which hotel is that at? I cant seem to find an opening date for The Fairmont London aka The Savoy... Did you book Swissotel The Howard?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 1:39 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by edmonton2001
Which hotel is that at? I cant seem to find an opening date for The Fairmont London aka The Savoy... Did you book Swissotel The Howard?
I don't believe the Swissotel and Raffles are included... are they?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 2:11 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Oops! I booked SFO Fairmont last night after seeing this thread. I used the posted classifieds (Kijiji) code that was posted on the first page of this thread. The booking worked and I got a conf email but I have just checked that classifieds link to find that the poster is now saying bookings made with his/her code from online website will likely be cancelled and to pls PM him/her .

I would rather do this with FTers . I hope its not too late to get the good rate re-booked.

Last edited by Downunder girl; Apr 10, 2009 at 1:58 am
Old Apr 9, 2009, 3:58 am

Programs: A3*G, AP Basic, FPC Platinum, SPG Gold
Stay Credit according to reservation agent

Booked Chateau Laurier in Ottawa for a night in May and called the hotel to confirm stay credit. They put me throught to reservations and the agent was able to confrim that this rate DOES qualify for stay credits^
Old Apr 9, 2009, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by epost77
Booked Chateau Laurier in Ottawa for a night in May and called the hotel to confirm stay credit. They put me throught to reservations and the agent was able to confrim that this rate DOES qualify for stay credits^
Told you so.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 4:19 am

Just made a FF-booking at The Howard, London, for a 2 nights stay in October. Got the confirmation and everything seems fine (110 GBP/night).
Old Apr 9, 2009, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by jcnorway
Just made a FF-booking at The Howard, London, for a 2 nights stay in October. Got the confirmation and everything seems fine (110 GBP/night).
Well if you use the NFAF code everything SHOULD look fine. No one has problems with that part. Everyone's mostly worried about the booker ID number and if the special rates will be honored at check-in if no booker ID was entered.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by Downunder girl
I have just checked that classifieds link to find that the poster is now saying bookings made with his/her code from online website will be cancelled and to pls PM him/her.
I believe you may be misreading slightly the person's post:

"Because there is fear that all Booker IDs posted online are cancelled, please contact me for my Booker ID. Again, please note that you need a Booker ID to be charged the great rate. If there is no Booker ID, you may risk getting your reservation cancelled."

Yes, the person has removed their booker I.D. from the website, but saying "there is fear of" cancellations is not the same as saying they "will be cancelled."

Please let us know your further experiences with this.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 4:42 am

The flyer that is emailed to the staff of Fairmont actually states:

'Friends & Family bookings can only be made via
myfairmont.com or fairmont.com; rates are valid only if
your colleague booker number is used to reserve the room.'

Take it as it is. Why risk having to pay full price at check-in or having your reservation canceled on you?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 5:15 am

I made a booking on Sunday afternoon using the original Booker ID from the first post of this thread (which has now, of course, been removed). Does anyone have any clarification yet as to when such ID was cancelled and what the cut-off point for bookings using cancelled IDs is? What is to prevent someone re-using a cancelled ID, for instance, as the system presumably does not flag it up as an error on completion of the reservation?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 5:19 am

No place in the reservationform to enter any booker ID when I booked on swissotel.com.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by jcnorway
No place in the reservationform to enter any booker ID when I booked on swissotel.com.
Swissotel and Raffles are NOT included. I have mentioned this several times...
Old Apr 9, 2009, 6:05 am

The first post in this thread says "April 6, 2009 UPDATE: This rate also works for Swissotel and Raffles Hotels.".

nyx.t2t: When you say that these two chains are NOT included, do you mean that they won't accept booking with this promotion code, or that they don't need a booker ID for the booking to be valid?

Sorry for asking again if you have cleared this issue earlier...

Last edited by jcnorway; Apr 9, 2009 at 6:28 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.