Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trajanc
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Codes and Promos

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:19 am

Tropicana - 30% off

http://www.troplv.com/rooms/special-...ur-super-sale?

Valid for Travel Through April 30, 2012
Blackout Dates: 2/18-2/19, 3/10, 3/11, 3/15, 3/16, 4/16

Your Special Offer Includes:
* Up to 30% Savings on our All-New, Best-in-Class Rooms and Suites
* Priority VIP Check-in, 24-hour Cancellation Policy, No Booking Fees or Change Fees, plus other great Breeze VIP Perks

Book online with code ISA0206 or call 888.381.8767 and mention code ISA0206. Not valid during peak periods, holidays or special events. Must be 21 years of age or older. A valid credit card must be applied to the account upon arrival for incidentals. A daily resort fee of $14.99 (subject to applicable lodging tax) will be added to the guest room account
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:58 pm

Programs: Newly minted AA EXP Plat., disatisfied UA 1K, Marriott Silver & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PromoGoogler
Jet Luxury's Signature at MGM Grand has some great rates if booked through jet's site. No promo code needed but two nights minimum. One BR suite Mountain View for next weekend is $139 per night. (Vegas.com's rate is $299 a night before BRG) For the 2/17-2/19 weekend is $164 per night. Weekday rates can be as low as $99. Jr suite weekday is $79. Rates are higher after Feb but this could be a great last minute deal after Superbowl weekend.

http://www.jetluxuryresorts.com/index.cfm
I really don't know anything about Vegas and I'd like to experience the strip. Jet Luxury has three locations and I'd like to get a quick read on them. They are:
  1. Vdara
  2. MGM Signature
  3. Palm's Place

The Vdara doesn't have gambling in the building and I think that would be a fun touch to experience Vegas for the first time. Any advice on the difference between these hotels? I assume they are all on the strip. Would it be better to book through the hotel or a hotel booking site in order to get package meal/show deals? We are looking at taking in those too. Is there a better way to get good deal on them?

Any great Vegas sites to see what the shows of the week are?

Thanks everyone for the help!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:17 pm

Programs: Newly minted AA EXP Plat., disatisfied UA 1K, Marriott Silver & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bobu
If you don't care about the hotel, I'd do priceline. If you do north strip 5 stars, you're guaranteed Wynn/Venetian/Palazzo, and probably about 30-40% off what prices you'd find direct on their sites.

If you do south strip 5 star, you'll get either Vdara or Aria, again probably 30-40% off what prices you'd find direct on their site.

If you must choose your hotel, then try www.mycheapvegas.com for promo codes.
Any advice on prices to offer (Priceline) for Feb. 17-19, on the Strip, 5 Star? I'm a total noob to Vegas, but I've used Priceline occasionally.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by reddirt14
I really don't know anything about Vegas and I'd like to experience the strip. Jet Luxury has three locations and I'd like to get a quick read on them. They are:
  1. Vdara
  2. MGM Signature
  3. Palm's Place

The Vdara doesn't have gambling in the building and I think that would be a fun touch to experience Vegas for the first time. Any advice on the difference between these hotels? I assume they are all on the strip. Would it be better to book through the hotel or a hotel booking site in order to get package meal/show deals? We are looking at taking in those too. Is there a better way to get good deal on them?

Any great Vegas sites to see what the shows of the week are?

Thanks everyone for the help!
You should look at a map. Sig and Vdara are close to the strip. Palms is quite a ways out.
Best deal is to book Sig direct from an owner on a site like VRBO.

For bidding on priceline, start very low like $80, 5 star strip north. For each new bid add a Vegas zone that does not have a 5 star priceline hotel. Basically gives you free rebids.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: Ovaltine secret decoder club, Hilton Diamond, United 1K, Hawaiian air Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by totorotea
hi everyone, been looking at these threads for a while and just wanted to thank everyone for helping me save some money.

for hotels, originally booked on expedia for the mirage, but checked www.mycheapvegas.com on everyone's recommendation. rebooked during the cybermonday promo when they had $33 rooms and saved almost $200!

for flight i actually managed to get an expedia brg and used it to book flight + hotel package but selected the cheapest room for only 1 night. did this for 4 people and overall saved about $400 altogether!

enjoyed my hash house and stripburger too! love this board!
Mycheapvegas is a great site...thanks
Old Feb 7, 2012, 7:02 am

Any advice on where to get a rental car for a day trip out Vegas. At the airport, I'm looking at $100-110, picking it up the night before and returning it 1 day + 6 hours later. If there is an enterprise or rental company on the strip close to the Sig or Vdaro, I could get it the day of and save a day of rental, plus all the airport taxes - I presume. When I did a quick search on Yahoo Travel, I didn't find any rental locations other than the airport. Any ideas?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Palace Station on sale til 9pm Pacific

Checking rates April 21-May1 and stumbled across a non-refundable "Sudden Amazing Rate" which expires at 9pm Pacific time today.

I was using the Entertainment.com portal, which gives a $250 rebate on 10 day stays. It goes through the Hotels.com (Expedia) engine.

Palace Station Courtyard rooms are $12 M-Th, $32 Fri/Sat. For these dates my total is less than $250, making it free after rebate, but there is a $16 per night resort fee.

And the last time I booked a courtyard room, i used the $20 tip trick at the front desk and got a top floor suite, very nice.

Good luck!

Last edited by Rut Dog; Feb 7, 2012 at 7:25 pm
Old Feb 8, 2012, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Rut Dog
Checking rates April 21-May1 and stumbled across a non-refundable "Sudden Amazing Rate" which expires at 9pm Pacific time today.

I was using the Entertainment.com portal, which gives a $250 rebate on 10 day stays. It goes through the Hotels.com (Expedia) engine.

Palace Station Courtyard rooms are $12 M-Th, $32 Fri/Sat. For these dates my total is less than $250, making it free after rebate, but there is a $16 per night resort fee.

And the last time I booked a courtyard room, i used the $20 tip trick at the front desk and got a top floor suite, very nice.

Good luck!
So what's the link for $250 discount? Thanks!

Last edited by philosophy_king; Feb 8, 2012 at 1:34 am
Old Feb 8, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
Originally Posted by philosophy_king
So what's the link for $250 discount? Thanks!
www.entertainment.com/hotels12

Rebate available only to registered Entertainment members -- worth the $25 investment!

Discussion of this deal here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...l#post13941832

I, for one, think it is good that this deal has been buried in threads "off the radar". Get my drift?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:03 pm

1st Time trip to Vegas in May..

Hey all,

Going to Vegas for the first time in May from Toronto (dates flying into Vegas - 16th, flying out 21st). Flights and hotels are not booked but dates are fixed because its a bachelor and bachelorette weekend. We are planning on flying a day earlier (16th, everyone arrives 17th) to drive out to the Grand Canyon for a day (maybe stay a night) then coming back to join the party.

Found flights for about $480 at the moment, is this a good deal? Both have 1 connection.

In terms of Hotels, most people are staying at the Flamingo due to budgets, we wanted to go for a nicer hotel and we are prepared to pay about $500-600 for all the nights but everyone else is booking the Flamingo so kinda want to be where they all are so we dont miss out (theres going to be about 20 of us), plus its a great location. So we have been looking at the Flamingo 'Go' deluxe rooms. They are quite a bit more, but are they worth it? I have read alot of bad reviews about the Flamingo saying its very old and dirty, and you have to stay in the Go rooms if you must stay there. Any input/advice on Flights and Hotels would be greatly appreciated! We like it to be clean, with mod cons and nice modern bathrooms if that helps!

P.S Grand Canyon West or South Rim for first time visitors?!?
Old Feb 8, 2012, 4:11 pm

First, definitely check out the Vegas forum. That thread has the answers to most of your questions.

The Las Vegas Thread

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
Hey all,

Found flights for about $480 at the moment, is this a good deal? Both have 1 connection.
That still seems a bit spendy, although I'm not sure what portion of that are the taxes and fees. I would guess airfare in the $250 range is probably decent.

Flamingo .... Any input/advice on Flights and Hotels would be greatly appreciated! We like it to be clean, with mod cons and nice modern bathrooms if that helps!
To stay close to the Flamingo you can often find decent rates at the Paris, and most often you can land a nice view room of the tower and the Bellagio fountain across the way.
Also, directly across is the Caesars - easy enough access to/from the Flamingo.

With regard to the rates, it looks like your budget will withstand around $100pn. Keep an eye out for the resorts that charge an extra ($20) resort fee. For a group your size you might want to bypass the Priceline/Hotwire type sites, if everyone wants to stay together. Although, if you're familiar with bidding sites you can certainly leverage this option to your advantage.
You might check out mycheapvegas.com and also betterbidding.com. Both sites have great information on hotel options and prices.

P.S. - For mid-May you may be a bit early to book something at a decent rate but...
1. You should find and reserve something with a refundable/cancellation policy. (check around for events/conventions taking place that might command a large # of hotel rooms)
2. Keep checking the sites that list discounts and specials for better deals. (Expedia asap and wednesday deals / my cheapvegas seems to update weekly). I would guess by late-March/early-April you'll have a better sense of what the rates would be but often, you can/should be looking right up to the departure to finalize hotel deals)

P.S Grand Canyon West or South Rim for first time visitors?!?
South-Rim, definitely. Screw the west-rim/skybridge, or whatever it is called. If you want a quicker out-n-back in a day then maybe the west-rim but you'll spend more at the skybridge for the day than you will per-night in Vegas.
South-Rim, if you make the trip is about 5+ hours so an overnight is likely necessary. It is tough to get reservations in the Park but... www.grandcanyonlodges.com will show online availability. If they don't have anything then there are a few hotels in Tusayan,AZ that are basic but close.

Last edited by underceej; Feb 8, 2012 at 4:23 pm
Old Feb 8, 2012, 4:39 pm

Hi Everybody,

Learned a lot from here. Just wondering where can I search for some good package deal or flight deals. Find good hotel prices, but couldn't find decent flight fares.

Will fly either from Bellingham or Vancouver. My friend got a deal on Allegiant for $479 each, 3 nights at Signature 1 bedroom suite, flights from Bellingham, and 1 show ticket. Right down this package price has gone above $700.

I am looking for 5 star or newer 4 star, like signature. On the strip or within walk distance from the Strip. Planning for Apr. 5 -8, the eastern weekend.

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by yeye7610
Hi Everybody,

Learned a lot from here. Just wondering where can I search for some good package deal or flight deals. Find good hotel prices, but couldn't find decent flight fares.

Will fly either from Bellingham or Vancouver. My friend got a deal on Allegiant for $479 each, 3 nights at Signature 1 bedroom suite, flights from Bellingham, and 1 show ticket. Right down this package price has gone above $700.

I am looking for 5 star or newer 4 star, like signature. On the strip or within walk distance from the Strip. Planning for Apr. 5 -8, the eastern weekend.

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot!
I'll repeat what I said above: Best deal would be to go to a site like vrbo and book signature direct from an owner. I live in Van. Go to Vegas a couple times a year. I've over researched these trips and have yet to find a better deal for a good 5 star. Buy airfare separately. If vrbo doesn't work for you use priceline bidding or hotwire and do the research so you know exactly what you can get. Just imho.

Last edited by trajanc; Feb 9, 2012 at 11:31 am
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Diamond
Saw this posted on Slickdeals and took advantage of it. A week at the Mirage for $39 a night in May:

Mirage Las Vegas Rooms as Low As $39 Sunday-Thursday and $69 on weekends through July. Must have Mlife Players Card!!! Three night max
Promotion Valid:
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Must Book By: Wednesday, February 29, 2012

* Rates starting from $39 in a Deluxe Room+ Resort Fee

Mirage deal

You can sign up for a free account at Mlife.com.

Had to do this to make it work:

If you get "promotion no longer available":
try opening a new incognito/private browser window, then go to mlife.com. then sign in FIRST, then when you're signed in, click on the address bar and paste the link from all the way in the beginning:
Old Feb 9, 2012, 1:38 pm

Also found the Mirage deal on SD and was coming to post, but got beat! I have been looking at Vegas deals for a few weeks now and this is one of the best I have seen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.