Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[RATE GONE] Le Meridien Khao Lak for 100 Ugandan Shillings

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by ricepaddy2
I'm getting quoted in USD. What about everyone else?

same here...hope it come back up !!
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
Be interesting to see what happens when we check out of the hotel and they demand we pay them in UGX. I am sure they will have a special exchange desk set up to convert Baht into UGX.

If they have a market conversion rate -- looks like I am going to have to fork over a 50 to pay for my stay (that's a 50 baht note )
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by gleff
My gut on this one is that it won't be.

Not sure I can recall the last time that a US-based airline didn't honor a mistake fare. International airlines, it's more hit or miss. Alitalia didn't before they did... I've had success with MX and BA... but COPA's NYC-LIM fare was another story. At the very least there's a better chance of things being honored when they're at least prepaid, e.g. TG cancelled the 72-hour holds on LHR-BKK in F for nothin'.
I get the same feeling you do about this one's prospects.

[About AZ fare deals, AZ have generally honored their "mistake fares" without making much of an issue about them. The AZ YYZ-LCA ticket was one of five AZ biz fare "glitches" I've gotten in on in the past 5 years and only the YYZ-LCA tickets had much of a show. Out of 30+ "mistake fares" only the YYZ-LCA tickets were subjected to a knee-jerk overreaction.]

When is the first stay on this UGX pricing happening?

Originally Posted by gleff
And this time, unlike the Lanesborough, Orbitz won't be there to make good... this is an SPG.com booking!
Starwood allowed people to stay on the $20 per night rates at the Sheraton Portland, ME. I'm hoping this is not like the Lanesborough debacle and more akin to the Starwood-Sheraton Portland Maine one. The Lanesborough debacle left a bad taste in my mouth. ... and it left a bad taste in some guests' mouths who stayed at the Lanesborough on the c. $75/night rates there.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
just tried to book feb 15-27, got all the way to the confirmation screen before the 'we're sorry, system is temporarily unavailable' message.

i stayed at this place on the $49/$59 dollar rates previously and would stay again--especially at the 60cent a night rate!

seriously, i stayed in a regular room and a villa (we paid to upgrade) and saw an oceanfront suite. i liked the villa better, although the suite was bigger and had a kitchen...the villa had a private pool and who wants to cook on vacation anyway?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:13 pm

Programs: VS*S BD*G StarAll*G BA*Gold HiltonVIP*G
Had problems getting the rate up but persisience paid off and just booked 2 bed grand villa for 3 nights summer 07 - UGX 1,100pn w/3rd night free
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:16 pm

Programs: VS*S BD*G StarAll*G BA*Gold HiltonVIP*G
karenkay - keep trying I too got that message many times but it worked eventually
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone had their cc touched yet?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by SUITXX
karenkay - keep trying I too got that message many times but it worked eventually
thanks, you're right...i successfully booked the suite (villa now not coming up) feb 15-march 7...going back to khao lak!*

*if the deal is honored...which i, like others, suspect it will not be. but a girl can dream, right?!
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:30 pm

[QUOTE=gleff;6786277]
But I had no problem a week ago on a $28 rate for a junior suite at the Renaissance Seattle, and that one wasn't prepaid.

[QUOTE]

question for you: where did the renaissance seattle deal come from? ive never seen that posted here, did i miss it?

thnx,
r
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:38 pm

Programs: BA, KLM FB, SN, Amex plat, SPG , HH
I get to book 5 nights in a Villa and 3 in a Suite in March 07.

So, Now just have to wait to see if They'll honor this.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:44 pm

Just got 3 consecutive 3-night stays in the 2-bed villa.

Obivously still works.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:50 pm
fet

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, UA, AS, DL, SPG Gold, HH Diamond
Made a reservation for 5 nights in March, got a confirmation e-mail, however $20 prepaid Visa has not been touched yet. Will see.

Last edited by fet; Dec 3, 2006 at 4:08 pm
Old Dec 3, 2006, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by rgm18
question for you: where did the renaissance seattle deal come from? ive never seen that posted here, did i miss it?
Came across it, booked it, had to take my dog outside (!) and then it was gone before I could post it on FT.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 4:16 pm

Location: Midwest United States (and anywhere a cheap fare takes me)
Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
Just Booked...

two three night stays in May. Great match with our FC DUB-BKK flights on Gulf Air.

For those still looking, be sure to sort "High to Low". I know that previous posters have said this, but it took me two tries before I finally caught on.

Whether the reservations stick or not...THANKS OP!

Last edited by ejmelton; Dec 3, 2006 at 4:21 pm
Old Dec 3, 2006, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I got 6 days in March - looks like all the really good rooms are already taken but still got in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.