Reload this Page >

[RATE GONE] Le Meridien Khao Lak for 100 Ugandan Shillings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[RATE GONE] Le Meridien Khao Lak for 100 Ugandan Shillings

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2006, 1:55 pm

What are your thoughts on the villa vs. the suite?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 1:57 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Ok Got it to work for giving me rooms, but...

It is quoting in USD. How does one get it to go Ugandan?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 1:59 pm

Programs: AmEx Centurion, SPG Platinum; LH Senator; Sixt Platinum; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GVA
Ok Got it to work for giving me rooms, but...

It is quoting in USD. How does one get it to go Ugandan?
It's not letting you to book in Ugandian after some specific date. It seems to me such a date is after April 1st.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by martian
What are your thoughts on the villa vs. the suite?
Villa has the private pool and is twice as large. But I've got a 3-night stay booked in the royal suite followed by a 3-night stay in the villa, so I can compare ^
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by Merlion
It's not letting you to book in Ugandian after some specific date. It seems to me such a date is after April 1st.
Sometime mid-Sept.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:02 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Merlion
I tried in January and February and it quoted in USD. Only did the UGX trick during March.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, and about everything else
I was haphazardly trying different dates (looking for a 2 week stay). It seems kind of random. Wednesday check-ins didn't seem to work, but the following day worked just fine. z5r promo code works to recieve a 25% discount on any length stay. So basically I got the Villa for 14 nights for 450UGX a night or about $3.50 for the stay.
I also checked the rates on Travelocity and can find no rhyme or reason for the differences posted. The 600UGX rate can be had for 305USD (without a prepayment or 100% cancelation policy), so what I had thought was a simple mis-posting of the currency involved, seems to be a bit more.
I tend to book these things pretty far in advance, so I'll have plenty of time to see how this works out, and I do have tentative plans to be in Uganda before arrival, if anyone needs shillings...........

Last edited by justind; Dec 3, 2006 at 2:17 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
found it for feb 9th through 12th...still looking for dates i really want (in aug/sept)
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Being new to FT, (and being the OP), what is the likelihood that this will be honored, or are we just all having fun?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by karenkay
found it for feb 9th through 12th...still looking for dates i really want (in aug/sept)
I searched all of the first part of August; no luck.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:41 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I can no longer land it.

It should be interesting to see what Starwood & this LeMeridien hotel do here.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by karenkay
I'm just having fun! It's nice to dream. I've been burned so many times that I don't get upset anymore.

The only time I thought we really should have had the deal honored was the La Quinta Resort on a Priceline Name Your Own Price auction bid. What Priceline and Hilton did was illegal!!!!
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cooperhs
Being new to FT, (and being the OP), what is the likelihood that this will be honored, or are we just all having fun?
My gut on this one is that it won't be.

But that's not really based on anything... I was surprised that the Holiday Inn in HKT honored the THB0.01 rate.. and I never thought the Conrad BKK would honor the $51 Presidential Suite.

And I enjoyed my $3 executive room at the Tokyo Hilton...

Not sure I can recall the last time that a US-based airline didn't honor a mistake fare. International airlines, it's more hit or miss. Alitalia didn't before they did... I've had success with MX and BA... but COPA's NYC-LIM fare was another story. At the very least there's a better chance of things being honored when they're at least prepaid, e.g. TG cancelled the 72-hour holds on LHR-BKK in F for nothin'.

Hotels? Hard to say! Bora Bora Nui didn't honor an ~ US$80 rate. Priceline didn't even fully honor all prepaid reservations recently in Palm Springs. Marriott didn't honor their Times Square mistake rate. But I had no problem a week ago on a $28 rate for a junior suite at the Renaissance Seattle, and that one wasn't prepaid.

Honestly I'm not sure if I've fully discerned a pattern with hotels.

(1) Book in order to get yourself in the game, should they decide to honor

(2) Don't make additional prepaid travel until you find out if it's going to be honored (though in a couple of cases, having made other arrangements were key to getting the deal honored -- eg Orbitz and Intercontinental Tokyo Bay, and IIRC Bora Bora Nui covered the cost of nonrefundably airfare when cancelling the Bora Bora Nui rate).

(3) Don't contact the booking agent until the deal is over (though asking whether the rate would be honored was in many cases key to having the Hilton Tokyo deal honored).

Guess there aren't really any rules but #1, though I tend to subscribe to 2 and 3...
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
It should be interesting to see what Starwood & this LeMeridien hotel do here.
And this time, unlike the Lanesborough, Orbitz won't be there to make good... this is an SPG.com booking!
Old Dec 3, 2006, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, some other stuff
Originally Posted by gleff
Villa has the private pool and is twice as large. But I've got a 3-night stay booked in the royal suite followed by a 3-night stay in the villa, so I can compare ^
And I've got 3 nights in the Grand Villa, followed by 3 nights in the Deluxe Villa, so I can compare those as well.

And as of 1:56PM PST, this still works (for dates in March anyway).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.