Reload this Page >

[RATE GONE] Le Meridien Khao Lak for 100 Ugandan Shillings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[RATE GONE] Le Meridien Khao Lak for 100 Ugandan Shillings

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:02 pm

For those that have already visited this hotel, are there DVD players in the rooms? I have a portable DVD player to hook-up to the TV, but I'm not going to bring it if the room already comes with a DVD player. Thanks.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:12 pm

Programs: SQ KF
Originally Posted by ricepaddy2
For those that have already visited this hotel, are there DVD players in the rooms? I have a portable DVD player to hook-up to the TV, but I'm not going to bring it if the room already comes with a DVD player. Thanks.
There was a DVD player in the 1 BR Oceanfront Pool Villa I was in.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Yes, I believe that all the villas at least have DVD players. The 2BR oceanfront villa had a DVD player attached to each of the 3 large flat panel TVs. ^
Old Aug 23, 2007, 5:07 am

Will the DVD players function with US Region1 DVDs?

Any IPOD stands to hookup to stereo?
Old Aug 23, 2007, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
1. Yes
2. No
Old Aug 23, 2007, 5:43 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
We played region 2 DVDs and the only problem we found was you had to turn the subtitles on to actually have them off.

They have also built another presidential villa at the far right of the resort as you face the beach. So now you need villa 001 or 099. Personally I think 99 has the better location but the swimming pool leaks and they top it up with a hose each day. The water height will only fall 2" in 12 hours so it's no big deal.

No stereo at all to hook your ipod up to. You'll need to bring your own speakers. Just three tvs and three DVD players. There is a line in to the TV but you'll need to bring leads.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by gleff
1. Yes
2. No
Is there a trick to playing Region 1 DVDs? I'm currently at the hotel and I can't get them to play. The engineer says it only works with DVD's made in Asia, but it doesn't seem like others had a problem with U.S. DVDs. Help! I have lots of DVDs and plenty of time. Thanks
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, HH Gold
If your DVDs are coded region 1, you may not be able to play them on DVD players from another region. However, there are hacks for many DVD players listed in this website. Good luck.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

How is the sea condition? I was there in August and the water was rough at times. But, the beach was quite empty.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by bobo809
If your DVDs are coded region 1, you may not be able to play them on DVD players from another region. However, there are hacks for many DVD players listed in this website. Good luck.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

How is the sea condition? I was there in August and the water was rough at times. But, the beach was quite empty.
Thanks for the hack site. It worked perfectly. The DVD players in the hotel are Samsung P250 and P260. I don't know why the hotel doesn't convert them all the multi-region.

The sea conditons have been varied. A couple of days ago, the sea was calm enough for kayaking. But it's currently a little rough.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 4:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, HH Gold
The plane crash in Phuket a few days ago still gave me goose bump http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=phuket&btnG=Search+News. I was there in August to take advantage of this deal (hotel and service was excellent). I feel deeply sorry for those who lost their loved ones. Let's hope that no person from this board was on that airplane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.