2/6/2016 $119.40
2/7/2016 $143.40
Cyber Monday Mobile Coupon 2015 - US - 11 -$343.98
Taxes & fees : $47.78

Total $86.00
Collected by Expedia
Save 40%
Prices shown after -$254.80 savings
Unless specified otherwise, rates are quoted in US dollars.

doesn't include the $22/day resort fee
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
I am sure to speak for majority who would love to see them
u2
why the hostility? i'm sure it's working for some.

the fact is that the ill-conceived implementation has been a disaster, particularly for a company like expedia. be hostile towards them, not fellow FTers.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by riphamilton

the fact is that the ill-conceived implementation has been a disaster, particularly for a company like expedia. be hostile towards them, not fellow FTers.
Someone who's been signed up for FT for 4+ years and makes their first post claiming to have snagged 2 prized hotels in a mythical promotion doesn't strike you as odd? C'mon rip.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:38 pm

u2
No problem

Need to have all info including card # entered before xx:00:00, so only code and cvv left
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by riphamilton

hostility is only on your mind. I'm all biz. There might be success booking Expedia's dates (i.e. 2/1-2/5) - and this is what I'm on lookout for. If that's how the Cyber90% is coded (i.e. exactly like BF75% was), then Expedia has perpetrated outright misleading advertising on consumers who wasted good portion of a day (not to mention part-hoping for quite a while in advance that Cyber promo might fulfill their planned vacations)
Old Nov 30, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Someone who's been signed up for FT for 4+ years and makes their first post claiming to have snagged 2 prized hotels in a mythical promotion doesn't strike you as odd? C'mon rip.
veeRob said he was all set. completely agree that the other post seems weird. a couple of twitter users (searching for 'expedia booked') also report success, although there are just as many reporting exactly what we've found.

i'm going to shoot for the NY hotel at 5 just for kicks and to try to get a screenshot. if anything, i hope i get charged full price for that as well so that i'll have something to show to discover.

EDIT: i'll book outside of those listed dates (but within the blanket promo dates) to test the miscoding hypothesis.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by veeRob
I have 2 successful bookings so far.
Originally Posted by firstdima
Same here - 2 successful bookings, Austin and LV
So on the screenshot that shows 90% discount, does Expedia calculate taxes based on the 10% or the 100% base rate?

It seems like it would be illegal to charge 'taxes' on an inflated base rate that the customer didn't pay, but I suspect Expedia will find a way to do it.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Lol, It wouldn't surprise me. I think there are probably quite a few lurkers like that, who have never offered anything, but are there to take. Then be quick to say they got something when no one else could. Just a guess. I DO think that there are probably an extremely limited number of bookings going through.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:03 pm

added 2 conf in my ft's albums (and a 3rd coming) - since not being able to add media to posts w/o moderation
chill and have fun not getting 90 off
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Welp, Expedia just f'd me. I had San Juan oceanfront room for 3 nights for $296 and then when completed booking, I received invoice for $1,310.00.

Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by janetdoe
So on the screenshot that shows 90% discount, does Expedia calculate taxes based on the 10% or the 100% base rate?

It seems like it would be illegal to charge 'taxes' on an inflated base rate that the customer didn't pay, but I suspect Expedia will find a way to do it.
I didn't get a chance to find out, I was trying to book a CRAZYDEAL week in the 3-bedroom oceanfront at the Mayakoba for $34k=>$3.4k, but strangely enough there were errors and the coupon code didn't work.

But knowing how the taxes are calculated in that situation would be veeerrrry important.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:08 pm

I had San Juan oceanfront room for 3 nights for $296 and then when completed booking, I received invoice for $1,310.00.
Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!

If you grabbed the screenshot you should be fine, at worst you can dispute it with your credit card and you should win.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NEXUS; *A Gold
Originally Posted by Neil791
Other reports have been received saying that the coupon code has worked on the mobile app all the way through to payment and then the nasty surprise of getting the confirmation email from Expedia showing a charge of FULL PRICE Also, some have said they've called Expedia who've said its for SINGLE OCCUPANCY only which is not specified anywhere in the T&C's of the offer

Clearly an epic fail on the part of Expedia so a friendly warning to make sure your purchase is refundable and to scrutinize the FINAL price if you're able to get this supposed coupon to work!
So it would seem from this morning's original warning, Expedia is still up to their tricks of charging full price after the supposed 90% discount

Guess this is very much a case of things being too good to be true!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by firstdima
added 2 conf in my ft's albums (and a 3rd coming) - since not being able to add media to posts w/o moderation
chill and have fun not getting 90 off
need real numbers here, diman

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.