Wiki Posts
Search

HKIA Frequent Visitor Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 7:24 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jamar

When I enter/exit HK by air, I can scan the barcode or the identity page on my passport. The one time I crossed at Lo Wu it only let me through when I scanned the barcode. Is this always the case or did I bump into a picky machine last year?
That's good to know!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few questions, please.

Originally Posted by jerrywu
Qualified FFP are from following carriers:
Air Canada, Air China, Air France, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Dragonair, China Airlines, China Southern, Delta, Ethiopian, Eva Airways, Finnair, Hainan Airlines, Hong Kong Airlines, Hong Kong Express, Japan Airlines, Jet Airways, Kingfisher, KLM, Korean Air, Lufthansa, Malaysia Airlines, Philippine Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Brunei, Singapore Airlines, Swiss, Thai Airways, United, and Virgin Atlantic.

Bear in mind, as 889 mentioned, it also depends upon your passport if no visa required to visit HK.
Anyone have an update to this list? Specifically (1) is American Airlines now included? and (2) Are there minimum elite levels for either AA or DL?

Also, I see this language on the HKIA website:
The Frequent Visitor Card programme is no longer in operation. Please enrol for the e-Channel service with the Immigration Department enrolment office for a speedy immigration clearance during your next journey
Yet there is info on the HK immigration website: https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services...sitors.html#fv

Maybe I'm a little confused - back in the day the Frequent Visitor Card let you use a special manned immigration desk. It seems like it's now all been switched over to e-channel only? But the process is still to clear immigration manually in the regular line, go to the enrollment office, and is that where, if approved, you do the fingerprint scanning to set up the e-channel access?

Thx!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by ijgordon
A few questions, please.

But the process is still to clear immigration manually in the regular line, go to the enrollment office, and is that where, if approved, you do the fingerprint scanning to set up the e-channel access?

Thx!
Correct. Enter manually. Get signed up. You can leave electronically.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
A few questions, please.

Anyone have an update to this list? Specifically (1) is American Airlines now included? and (2) Are there minimum elite levels for either AA or DL?

Also, I see this language on the HKIA website:

Yet there is info on the HK immigration website: https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services...sitors.html#fv

Maybe I'm a little confused - back in the day the Frequent Visitor Card let you use a special manned immigration desk. It seems like it's now all been switched over to e-channel only? But the process is still to clear immigration manually in the regular line, go to the enrollment office, and is that where, if approved, you do the fingerprint scanning to set up the e-channel access?

Thx!
AA is included

https://www.travelcodex.com/expedite...rol-hong-kong/
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great, thanks both. Hopefully the AA info is correct (and low-level Gold status qualifies), as my DL status is newish and I don’t think they sent me a physical card...
i have 2 entries/exits on my upcoming trip, so this will be nice, especially on the second entry after a long work day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.